“Better than Expected”

Ranked #240 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Vantaa
“Better than Expected”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have to say that the hotel was better than I expected. The room was recently renovated and included a fairly large fridge, a microwave and a 42" flat screen TV. The front desk staff was very friendly and the location very close to the International Drive and Universal Studios added to the pleasant experience. The only negative thing was really the very poor WiFi connection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I am delighted to hear that your expectations were exceeded.
Please accept my sincere apologies for poor internet connection during your stay. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. The problem was reviewed and corrected.

I wish you safe travels and hope to welcome you soon again.

Super 8 Orlando International Drive Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Room was pretty good and clean. Hotel stuff was also polite and respectful.
Location of the hotel is perfect.
If you want to visit popular points of Orlando as Universal studios, Disney world, Kennedy space center and so on, you can go easily.
But, internet connection was terrible. I couln't use it because the connection was sooooo bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Umut H
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience from the Super 8 Orlando International Drive Hotel with other customers. I’m pleased to hear that you found our location to be convenient and you enjoyed the overall stay.
I truly apologize for the negative experience related to the internet in your room. The problem was resolved. I would like to assure you that all feedback from our guests is taken with utmost seriousness and we would do our best to to ensure all guests have a positive experience.
I hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

If I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact me directly at (407)313-8888.

Scotland, UK
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks from 19th February 2013 and from reading reviews here beforehand it was safe to say I had low expectations!

The reception staff were courteous and friendly on our arrival, quickly assigning us our room. The room itself was very clean and well-maintained (room 223), had air conditioning, TV, coffee maker, hair dryer and a safe. The bathroom is adequate and clean although perhaps in need of upgrading. We asked at reception if we could have a fridge, and it had been delivered by the time we returned to our room at the end of the day, we were very impressed! The maid service was also very good, and when we ran out of coffee she rushed to get us more straight away.

The breakfast was served in a room leading off the main reception and was modern and well-stocked with bread, cereal, coffee and various pastries and muffins. There was only space for a handful of tables but there were also tables outside and ledges where you could stand and eat, so it wasn't a problem. The hotel also has an in-house ticket sales person who tended to come round in the morning during breakfast. Although he was obviously trying to sell tickets, he was lovely, pleasant and not overbearing or pushy at all!

It is worth noting that the hotel offers a free shuttle bus to Disney, Universal (although it is easily within walking distance) and SeaWorld, which picks up right outside the hotel. I don't think they really promote this but it's very handy for Disney as it can be a pain to get to without a car. The hotel also has free wifi which always seemed to have a good connection.

The location of the hotel was perfect for us, just off I Drive and within walking distance to various eateries and shops. There is also an iRide Trolley stop 5 minutes away.

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends as we had such a positive experience. I made an assumption that because we paid so little the hotel and the service we received would reflect this, but we were certainly proven wrong. For the price I don't think you can go far wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank scotlass99
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team is continuously focused on improving the hotel. I look forward the opportunity to welcoming you and your family again whenever travel plans bring you back to Orlando!

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We arrived very late and the main office entrance was closed and we checked in through a little "bank teller" type set up. The room was clean, I'll give it that, but the remote did not work, When we called the desk they said they would get back to me and never did. All we wanted to do was watch a little TV and go to bed. The temp in the room was good, beds relatively comfortable and shower adequate. We stayed one night on our way to the coast and returned for one night on the way back. We complained to the staff about the remote.....sounds like a little thing, but we couldn't use the TV even manually. We we returned a few days later we had a lower level room with a working remote, clean and comfortable......but the smell of deodorizer was overwhelming. I kept hoping that it would dissipate with time, but it did not and was almost more than I could bare. To stay there one night is okay, but I would never book more than one day. The doors didn't seem secure. Like I said, it was in a good location with lots of activities and restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Pick a lower level room near the office. Try to get a room on the inside,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelgalMissouri
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important as it helps us to identify the areas where we can improve. The issues were reviewed with the staff, and we corrected the problems you had with your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you had during your stay and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Valencia, Venezuela
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked online and stayed for six nights this December for only 290$! I was a little bit worried by some reviews that commented on insects (roaches), but I never found one. The room was very nice, perfect for us who spent almost all day outside. Very close to the Orlando Premium Outlets and Universal Studios, and just 20 min by car to Disney.

The breakfast buffet was good enough for us. The area is small but if you go early to eat you have enough space. The staff was very nice with us.

I'll definitely keep this place in mind for my next vacations, specially if I just want a place to sleep after the parks and shopping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magabygc
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words. I’m delighted to hear about our success in making our guests happy and delivering positive experiences during your stay with us. It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again in the near future.

Spring Hill, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had booked a room through Expedia. The room was supposed to be a king size bed...it wasn't but I didn't complain. They offer a complimentary breakfast, but there is t much to choose from and it is a very small area, that was cramped. So my husband and I decided on iHop instead. We went shopping and came back around 1pm, and our room wasnt even made up. we took a nap and as we were leaving around 4:00pm, the cleaning lady was finally outside and actually asked us if we wanted our room made up! Saturday night, we did arrive back late and I called the front desk to ask for an extra blanket. I was told by the girl that she was the only one there. I offered to come down to the front desk,which is actually a window since they close the front lobby around 7pm, to pick up a blanket. She told me she didn't have any there and it would have to wait until morning. I told her that wasn't going to help me now. She didn't care. The price for this place was too high for the lack of service. I do not recommend this place. There are many other places nearby that I would choose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hope1971
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I was very disappointed to find out from your review, that you were dissatisfied with our staff’ level of service. I have personally spoken to our front desk agents to make sure all our guests receive warm and professional service.

You made a great point about having our breakfast area increased, as your opinion is very important to us, and feedback, such as your review, is very valuable in our strive to improve on the experience our guests receive.

I am glad to share with you that, due to a recent ownership change, our hotel is undergoing a lot of changes, one of many is specifically focused on the upgrade of the breakfast area: it is becoming more spacious, the menu is going to include a broader variety, to insure all our guests can find something appealing to start their day with.

A lot of positive changes are on the way, so, please, keep the feedback coming and come back to check out the improvement, that you have now made a contribution to!
Thank you again.

Super 8 Orlando International Drive

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels