“Nice rooms great price!”

Ranked #244 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked online and stayed for six nights this December for only 290$! I was a little bit worried by some reviews that commented on insects (roaches), but I never found one. The room was very nice, perfect for us who spent almost all day outside. Very close to the Orlando Premium Outlets and Universal Studios, and just 20 min by car to Disney.

The breakfast buffet was good enough for us. The area is small but if you go early to eat you have enough space. The staff was very nice with us.

I'll definitely keep this place in mind for my next vacations, specially if I just want a place to sleep after the parks and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank magabygc
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words. I’m delighted to hear about our success in making our guests happy and delivering positive experiences during your stay with us. It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had booked a room through Expedia. The room was supposed to be a king size bed...it wasn't but I didn't complain. They offer a complimentary breakfast, but there is t much to choose from and it is a very small area, that was cramped. So my husband and I decided on iHop instead. We went shopping and came back around 1pm, and our room wasnt even made up. we took a nap and as we were leaving around 4:00pm, the cleaning lady was finally outside and actually asked us if we wanted our room made up! Saturday night, we did arrive back late and I called the front desk to ask for an extra blanket. I was told by the girl that she was the only one there. I offered to come down to the front desk,which is actually a window since they close the front lobby around 7pm, to pick up a blanket. She told me she didn't have any there and it would have to wait until morning. I told her that wasn't going to help me now. She didn't care. The price for this place was too high for the lack of service. I do not recommend this place. There are many other places nearby that I would choose.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hope1971

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I was very disappointed to find out from your review, that you were dissatisfied with our staff’ level of service. I have personally spoken to our front desk agents to make sure all our guests receive warm and professional service.

You made a great point about having our breakfast area increased, as your opinion is very important to us, and feedback, such as your review, is very valuable in our strive to improve on the experience our guests receive.

I am glad to share with you that, due to a recent ownership change, our hotel is undergoing a lot of changes, one of many is specifically focused on the upgrade of the breakfast area: it is becoming more spacious, the menu is going to include a broader variety, to insure all our guests can find something appealing to start their day with.

A lot of positive changes are on the way, so, please, keep the feedback coming and come back to check out the improvement, that you have now made a contribution to!
Thank you again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We got their to do some Black Friday shopping, when we checked in the room it were nice and very modern, the accent wall was really neat and the furniture was cool. It was different in a good way. We took a quick shower and nap before shopping, in the shower there was a roach I killed and than kind of let it go and forgot about it. I took a nap and than before leaving I went in the room to get something I forgot and saw another huge roach crawling up the side of the mattress, at this point I was not comfortable. When I let management know they couldn't even change my room because they were all booked due to the holiday and shopping. So we had to stay in the room and I could not sleep well at all. We woke up early and I didn't even want breakfast. They really need to get the pest under control because it seems like a common problem, and also maybe some remodeling in the bathrooms or clean them better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your visit. I’m truly sorry if we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. We are trying hard to make sure all of these issues are corrected and all of our guests have a pleasant stay.
We greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future.
Nadia Golsovskaya

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at a room close to the maids work area. First two days I got expert on killing roaches in total of five... Our room was adjacent to the maids quarters and everyday about 7:00 am we would hear them talking which made us wake up.
The continental breakfast was ok but needs more variety.
The beds and pillows are ok.
The front desk was very helpful and kind.
We needed a fridge, which apparently was not included in our room, but the front desk lady made the arrangement.
Unfortunately we will not use this hotel in the future.
A good exterminating company is needed with urgency.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed R
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. Your feedback is very important as it helps us to identify the areas where we can improve. I am deeply sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations and apologize for the noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us
Please know that we would very much enjoy welcoming you as our guest again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Booked rooms through Cheapoair. Paid less than 150/room for 3 day stay. One room was smoking/pet friendly---not as nice. Other room non smoking with free upgrade at check-in. This room had flat screen TV, easy internet connection, microwave and fridge. Not a luxury hotel, but neither was this reflected in the price. Within walking distance of Universal as well as several restaraunts. Adequate breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mim01_11
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I appreciate the positive feedback and I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the overall stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me for special rates applicable for returning guests. It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again in the near future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks from 24th september. I was a little worried after reading the reviews but i was pleased with what we found. We had a non smoking room (149) and it was fine. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom worn but not too bad. All the staff were really pleasant and always happy to help.
If you want a 5 star hotel then this is not for you. But if you want a cheap hotel , 15 min walk from Universal studios and easy travel distance to Disney etc this hotel is perfect.We didn't spend a lot of time in our room (who does in Orlando??) but we found tv, wifi , fridge etc all worked well, so what more do you want?
We had a wet carpet one morning from the air con, as soon as we reported the problem it was sorted out quickly.
Would recommend this hotel if travelling on a budget. We would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: room 149 was fine, fairly quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harley084
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your review. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your visit. Our team works hard to make sure we provide the best customer service.

You are absolutely right - Orlando is a wonderful place to visit, so we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend 10/11/12 - 10/14/12. We stayed in a standard double/ non-smoking and our room (129) was spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location, being just off of I-drive and about 5 min from Universal.

The continental breakfast (bread, pastries, cereal, juice and coffee) is great for those who enjoy a quick breakfast. Called for more towels and received them promptly.Ordered out from the room service menu provided, not a good idea. The food was poorly made and took forever. I would advise if ordering out try NY Broadway Pizza or one of the many other places on I-Drive.

The only reason this is rated 4 stars instead of 5 is purely due to cosmetic reasons. The appliances (phone, alarm, hair dryer, no in room iron) are outdated or missing altogether. Our door into the room (129) hung a bit so light came in from the top. Not too big of a deal since it didn't rain but I can see water easily getting in if it did, not to mention critters as well. The bathroom door stuck. So you had to slam it or yank to get it open,very noisy. The TV is outdated, and the cable connection came through fuzzy on most channels.

Overall, this is definitely worth the stay for the price and location and I would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I’m very pleased to hear your overall experience at our property was worth the stay. However, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had encountered in the room 129. Your feedback is very important to us. All issues, you pointed out in the room were reviewed and fixed.

Please know that we would very much enjoy welcoming you as our guest again.