We stayed 4 nights. The location was great, almost walking distance to convention center, and their is plenty of free parking. We paid $149/night plus tax.
Our room was a one bedroom suite, right next to the pool/spa and very close to the breakfast room.
Suite was good sized with a small kitchen with a microwave, full size fridge, stove, sink and basic dishes and utensils. Had a living area with a sofa and chair and a small round dining table with three chairs.
Had two flat screen TVs that had maybe 30 channels including some movies. Also had a DVD/VCR player. Had wired internet (off of the telephone) that was free and blazing fast. I did not try the wireless.
Our room was kind of dark and being on the first floor, we could not keep the drapes open with all the people walking by. The room was quiet if the windows were shut. Bed was a comfortable king with 4 smallish pillows. Linens were fine. Closet space was great and they had a good sized safe in the closet off the bathroom.
Shower was a bit cramped but water pressure was good. Overall the room needed some TLC, paint, new furniture, etc.
Unfortunately our room had a somewhat musty odor. It was not bad enough to ask for another. Maybe it was the humidity or the pool next to us?
The included breakfast was fairly weak. Had some basic scrambled eggs with different meats each day, bacon, sausage or corned beef hash along with canned fruit. Bacon was mostly fat and very limp. Sausage was fatty as well. Had a nice selection of breads/bagels and a toaster. Had 3 giant waffle makers and a few fruits. Coffee was good, tea selection was limited. Dining room was cold, cold, cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando offers a convenient International Drive location, across from the Orlando Eye, near the Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Universal Orlando, and Sea World Orlando. With a fresh modern appeal, all guest suites, public space and dining options have been completely reimagined. Offering brand new One and Two Bedroom Suites (sleeping up to 8 guests), a complimentary upgraded breakfast buffet each morning, a new take on Happy Hour, on-site Shoppe convenience store, and The Pour, our new lobby lounge. The hotel also offers complimentary WiFi, onsite fitness room, heated swimming pool, business services, laundry, a complimentary shuttle to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, and an adjacent I-Ride Trolley Stop which provides transportation to Sea World, Aquatica, and the Orlando Premium Outlets. Guests appreciate this contemporary hotel near restaurants, shops and attractions easily within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Staybridge Suites