“Very nice vacation stop”

Sonesta ES Suites Orlando
Ranked #23 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Pulaski, Virginia
“Very nice vacation stop”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very reasonably priced with senior discount for a small, fully equipped one bedroom suite. It was actually more than we needed, but very comfortable. An excellent breakfast buffet was included. All staff members I met were polite and friendly. One slight drawback: the swimming pool is a little small. But after spending the whole day at Disney, I didn't use it much anyway.
My only other complaint was that the free shuttle bus to Disney World was not conveniently scheduled or often enough, and was very overcrowded, to the point of being a safety concern. This made me drive to Disney and pay the parking part of the trip.
This place I will definitely keep in mind for future Orlando vacations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gilbert V
SonestaStaff, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Orlando, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the staff, we work very hard to ensure our guests are satisfied. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the transportation, which I assure you will be provided to our transportation company, so they may make the correct changes to better serve our guests. Thank you once again, and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Girls night out in Orlando, rented a 2 bedroom suite. large rooms with full kitchen at a great price. Room was clean and quiet, secure hotel with bar and pool in the middle of everything. Lots of restaraunts to choose from. staff was very nice but they do put a hold on ur acct for $75.00 for incidnetals which I used some for a few drinks at the bar. They said they would release the hold at this point for $55.00 which I am still waiting for. I called their cust serv dept and was told the money was released the very next day but I never did see it put back into my acct and was told at this point I needed to get with my bank as they released it and was no longer their issue. I asked for some kind of confirmation but was told they had nothing they could give me/email me...I am still trying to get the $55.00 back but it was a great place to stay..if I get the money I may go back but if not then I will have to find another place when in Orlando..sad to say!!

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Julie R
Dear Guest,

Please accept our most sincere apology for any difficulty you encountered regarding the incidental deposit. To clarify, the incidental deposit is returned immediately to both credit and debit cards, however banks dont often release the funds back to your account for an uncertain amount of time (depends on the banks policy). We apologize if this was not clearly explained to you, and I assure you it will be discussed with our Front Desk staff to ensure there is no confusion moving forward. If you have not recieved your deposit back, please contact us directly at 407-352-2400 and we will be certain to assist you. Thank you.
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Sonesta ES Suites Orlando was very nice. The rooms...they could use some updating (which I believe they are in the process of doing). However, the rooms are spacious. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite rather than the one bedroom suite we had originally booked, because housekeeping had not cleaned a one bedroom upon our arrival (doesn't make much sense, but I am not complaining, since they did the upgrade). The pool area was very nice. Hardly ever crowded. Very sunny area and I liked the fact that it was only 4 feet deep at the deepest. Having young children, this a good thing. The pool area has a bar. Only downside is that they don't open it until 5:00 pm. The breakfast provided for guests was good. At times it was crowded in the dining area, but there is plenty of seating or you have the option to take food back to your suite. The location of the hotel is nice...on International Drive, there are plenty of food options and things to do. One downfall is no Starbucks near by. The shuttle to the Disney Parks is nice and convenient. However, I think there should be more times to catch it to go to the parks. Our options were 7:30 am (too early) or 11:30 am (not too late, but would have liked to have departed slightly earlier). Would be nice if there was one to catch between 9:00 am and 10:00 am. The shuttle was very crowded (which is expected). Overall the hotel was nice and in a good location..

2 Thank Erin C
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is from our guests feedback that we learn better ways to meet or exceed our guests expectations. I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager regarding the bar opening time, and also shared your feedback about the transportation pick times with our transportation company. Both are very good suggestions and we certainly appreciate you letting us know how you feel. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our entire family loves the Sonesta ES Suites Orlando. It used to be a Staybridge. It is nice and clean. The rooms are very spacious with a full size kitchen and livingroom between the two bedrooms. The high point is the outdoor pool. It is so warm! We staycation, so this is the first place we think of when we want a little get away. There is also a small kiddie pool and hot tub. There is a great complimentary breakfast buffet and a bar near the pool with drink specials. Included in your rate is free Wi-Fi and free parking as well.

Room Tip: If you have a larger family, they have trios which include a master suite and suite b which has 2 do...
1 Thank babsdave
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our property. The best compliment we can receive is a guest returning to stay with us. We truly appreciate you and hope you will visit us again soon.
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked into the lobby we were made welcome. They accommodated our early arrival, upgraded my husband's member status to match his Sonesta status in Boston and gave him great options for future trips. The housekeeping staff was warm and personable. I made instant friends with Maria. Great experience.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Lydia D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your positive feedback. The staff here truly cares about our guests and Maria is a perfect example. It is with pleasure that I will share your wonderful comments with her and celebrate her success.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My girls and I had a great time! I really enjoyed the staff, amenities and location. Definitely returning!!!! The pool was our favorite spot. located right on international drive and Thanks Vanessa for the great service!

Room Tip: One or two bedroom suites are a must!!
1 Thank Hyacinth057
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and provide your feedback. The staff strive daily to ensure our guests are happy; I am very pleased to see we were successful with your visit. We hope you will join us again in the future.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The rooms are the same. The breakfasts are the same so they're V Good.

The thing thats changed is in the evening till 9pm, there is annoying LOUD music played on the tannoy system.

I like sociability as much as the next person BUT this is just darned annoying!!

If they sort this row out I will increase my star rating as everything else is tickety boo!

Room Tip: Go for the best type of suite that you can afford.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Epicurianguy
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the music, and please accept our apology. In listening to our guests feedback, we have recently changed not only volume level, but the speaker system which will limit the amount of sound reflected off our building. I apologize the change was too late to accommodate you and your family, but thank you very much for your feedback so we can learn ways to better service our guests.