My husband and I spent three nights at the Staybridge suites. I was there for a business trip. The room was lovely and we liked the fact that we had so much space. We had a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms, living room and full kitchen. I could get ready for my conference in the morning and not disturb my husband who was still sleeping. There is a small exercise room, but the YMCA is right next door and you can go there for a small fee.
The room itself was very nice. We like to be able to have snacks or make our own food at times, so the kitchen was very handy. We didn't have any problems with noise at the pool, but there was a problem for me with noise from the cars on the International Drive side of the hotel. I asked for a room away from the street and I was accommodated quickly.
Our only complaint was that the hotel is not non-smoking. We had a non-smoking room, but it bothered us that people were smoking in the pool area. The pool is nice and there is an nice hot tub, but we don't like to be around smoke.
On Tues, Wed, Thurs, there is a manager's reception. One night there was a barbeque with hot dogs and burgers, the next night they had Mexican food. Free wine and beer came with the reception. Breakfast was much larger than most hotels offer with waffles, pastries, bagels, eggs both scrambled and hard boiled, fresh fruit, oatmeal and assorted drinks.
The location on I-drive was convenient for us. We didn't go to Disney. There is a shuttle for the parks, but it is very limited.
There are plenty of restaurants that are within walking distance, and a movie theatre that is about 1/2 mile away. You can take the I-drive trolley. There are also young guys on bikes that have seats attached. We chose to walk, but that looked like a fun way to get around. Of course, there is always a taxi.
Some of the restaurants that we liked: Cafe Tu Tu Tango, right across the street. A fun tapas restaurant with artwork everywhere, the artists are often on the premises. At night, they have belly dancing and other entertainment. Hanimazuki, a wonderful, authentic Japanese restaurant in a shopping center about two blocks away, next to the Goodings supermarket. The restaurant had great food, very reasonably priced and the service could not have been better. Seasons 52 is about two miles away. They advertise fresh, healthy, low fat cooking. It was good, a little too salty, but we would go there again. The place itself was very romantic and pretty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando offers a convenient International Drive location, across from the Orlando Eye, near the Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Universal Orlando, and Sea World Orlando. With a fresh modern appeal, all guest suites, public space and dining options have been completely reimagined. Offering brand new One and Two Bedroom Suites (sleeping up to 8 guests), a complimentary upgraded breakfast buffet each morning, a new take on Happy Hour, on-site Shoppe convenience store, and The Pour, our new lobby lounge. The hotel also offers complimentary WiFi, onsite fitness room, heated swimming pool, business services, laundry, a complimentary shuttle to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, and an adjacent I-Ride Trolley Stop which provides transportation to Sea World, Aquatica, and the Orlando Premium Outlets. Guests appreciate this contemporary hotel near restaurants, shops and attractions easily within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Staybridge Suites