Arrived early evening on 28th June,2010 to the Doubletree resort on International Drive,Orlando and were amazed at the hotel entrance and welcome we received from the bell boy and the staff at the desk. We were dealt with within 5 minutes and were directed to our room, which was in block 7, right next to the pool,jacuzzi and kids playing area. We could see the hotel and grounds were immaculate. We left with our hot Doubletree cookies in hand.
Our room was in the ground floor and was lovely and cool, with air conditioning on. Again it was immaculate and was lovely and spacious with plenty of area for clothes to be hung up or put away in drawers. In our room there was two comfy double beds. The shower and bathroom was like something you would get in a 5 star hotel. It also had a full size ironing board, iron along with a hairdryer.
We then went around the hotel and found that there was plenty of information/ brochures/ maps available on available theme parks and areas of interest, particularly in the Universal shop area. The pool was clean and was well maintained. It also had sufficient loungers and chairs along the side of the pool with free towels for guests which could be deposited after use for cleaning by the hotel.
The hotel was extremely close to the Sea world and Aquatica and if you stepped out of the back gate of the hotel you were in Sea worlds car park and 2 minutes from the entrance. International drive was 5 minutes away on foot or two minutes on the I bus.
The hotel also had a brilliant free shuttle bus that took you to the theme parks on a regular basis and also returned you. This was great. We also ate in the hotel restaurant which had a brilliant breakfast buffet for $12.99 for an adult but children eat for free. The choice was very good and the food cooked fresh for you by chefs.
Overall this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in, which was made even better by the staff who were pleasant, courteous and very helpfull whenever we had any dealings with them and they always had a smile for you. The great thing about this hotel was that it was close for all the theme parks and International Drive but was also quiet enough for you to spend time away from the busy side of Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando