“Absolutely loved this hotel!”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #136 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night and we were sad that we couldnt stay longer.
receptionist was great and even upgraded our room. We also got a complimentary warm choc chip cookie when we checked in which was a lovely touch I thought.
The room we had was very impressive and exeptionately clean. I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lottiepopsx
Doubtletree_Orlando, Management at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Those cookies are specially created for the Doubletree! Did you know more than 1,000,000 chocolate chip cookies have been donated by the Doubletree hotels to thank members of the community from doctors and nurses to police & firefighters as well as orphanages, food banks and homeless shelters?

Our staff will truly appreciate your kind words of acknowledgment. We are so proud of all the work they do in making our guests feel comfortable. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope you’ll come back soon to the Doubletree Resort Orlando. We’ll keep those cookies warm for you!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,342)

Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stayed at the Doubletree for 2 nights at the start of our Orlando holiday. When we first drove up to the hotel I must admit I wasn't sure by the Motel style appearance but was pleasantly surprised once inside.
We had no problems with the check in staff and the warm cookies on arrival are a nice touch. We didn't use any of the other amenities or services so cannot comment on service generally.
We were in block 3, overlooking the car park and had no problems with noise. We did hear people walking past and the occasional car noise but this is a hotel so you will always hear people coming and going. Nothing that disturbed us or kept us awake.
The rooms were nice enough but the beds seemed very small for a couple who don't want to sleep in separate beds but as it's an American thing to have 2 beds in 1 room for us it would be better to have 1 larger bed. The bathroom is extremely small and the bath not much bigger than a shower unit. Again this didn't bother us at all and we don't mind the open plan sink area with the room. I can see that this wouldn't appeal to everyones taste.
One thing that does bother me in general about all 3 hiltons we stayed at is that there is no duvet cover. 2 sheets folded over the duvet is maybe quite common in the US but i do not find this hygenic or comfortable. I'm sure the actual duvets are not dry cleaned inbetween guests and as most people move around whilst sleeping you wake up to the duvet and no sheets!
The grounds of this hotel are lovely and make for a very nice and relaxing walk around.
For location, it's fine and central between Universal Resort and Disney but there is not really anything you can walk to. Most people hire cars in Orlando anyway so I can't see why this would be a problem for the majority.
We would definately stay at this hotel again without hesitation, infact we did try but it was fully booked.
My one complaint (apart from the duvet thing) would be paying for the car park. I find this outrageous and and outright cheek. However, it was our honesty that cost us the car parking charge as the outward barrier was never closed and we could easily have left without paying. Not sure if this would work as you use your room car to access the car park after arrival and as they have your credit card would probably charge it anyway.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DaeDae77
Doubtletree_Orlando, Management at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2010

Thank you for writing of your experience here at the Doubletree Resort Orlando. We are glad you enjoyed the grounds and the warm cookies!

Rest assured that the bedding is laundered regularly and extra blankets are always available to you if you should want them. Please don’t hesitate to call housekeeping during your stay for anything that would make your stay more comfortable. Might we suggest that on a return visit, you request a king size bed in our Executive Tower as it may suit your preference more than the double bed.

We hope you get another opportunity to visit with us! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed March 9, 2010

This hotel has everything you could wish for. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. The rooms were spotless, we had two adjoining and on all occasions they were perfect. The breakfast is out of this world $14.95 plus tax and 18% tip, but worth every penny and if you are hungry after, it is your own doing. This put us on for the day and I would sooner pay and do that than it theme park junk halfway through, and YES I still enjoy fast food just like others. The location was fantastic I chose this because we alternated our days between Discovery Cove/Seaworld and Aquatica, if you intend to walk to Aquatica, take the side/rear gate out of the hotel as if walking to Seaworld and take the free shuttle at the edge of the car park next to where the Discovery Cove shuttle collects, it is a lot easier. We had pizzas on several occasions after long busy days at the parks and the wonderful, kind lady who serves you is so friendly, ALWAYS SMILING and nothing is too much trouble and the pizzas are gorgeous, trust me we tried a FEW!!!! The pools and hot tubs were warm and very clean. Pool towels were provided. I cannot praise this hotel enough, so much so as soon as I recovered from jetlag I rebook it for Feb 2011 on my return. THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY AT THE DOUBLETREE FOR A FANTASTIC STAY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN 2011.

1  Thank Abirag

There is no greater compliment to receive than a guest who books a return visit as soon as they returned home. That was awesome! Thank you for sharing some suggestions to others regarding the two attractions. We love it when guests help out other potential guests with little tips!

We are looking forward to having you here again at the Doubletree Resort Orlando in Feb 2011 for your return visit! We’ll make sure the pizza is ready for you!! Thanks again for the glowing review.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway for our anniversary and it was beyond what we could have expected! We're looking forward to going back again- next time we won't fill our days with the park visiting and save our money and enjoy all the amenities this resort provides! The staff could not have been anymore amazing to us, we really felt like royalty the whole weekend. You can tell the rooms have been rennovated and they are very nice and accomodating. We stayed in a junior suite which included a kitchen and living room and it was way more room than we ever could have needed; we really enjoyed it. The next time we need a little weekend getaway we will DEFINITELY be returning to the DoubleTree on I-Drive. They provided us shuttles back and forth from the parks (24 hour service!!!) and the most amazing customer service I have ever seen in the industry. I reccommend this to couples, families, and friends just going for a fun weekend. You will LOVE your time here!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samjag12

Happy Anniversary! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at the Doubletree Resort Orlando. Reading that you felt like royalty from our staff really makes us feel that continued pride in the work they do, so thank you for acknowledging them. We hope you get another opportunity to visit with us. Thank you for such a great review!

Reviewed March 2, 2010

Ideally located for visiting all the parks and attractions. We walked to Seaworld ( 5-10 mins) and then got courtesy buses to Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens.
Short drive to all Disney Parks, and Universal- Easy access to I-4
We stayed in block 6 and found it handy for the pool and jacuzzi, mini golf, table tennisetc. It was a few minutes walk to the main hotel where we made use of the free internet connection. The breakfast was very good, and no charge was made for our son (12) .
We had the carry out Pizzas from Pizza Hut one night, but there was a gem of a restaurant / carry out accross the road behind the Indian, called FLIPPERS. The staff were really friendly, and everything we had was really good. We ate in 3 times and had carry out once.
We had one issue with the hotel, when some beers that we had in the room went missing, probably taken or binned by Housekeeping. We reported them to security, and we were given some vouchers to use in the bar. The only problem was that no one told us about the vouchers, so we didn't collect them from reception! When this came to light on check out, so we were given more of the delicious cookies instead.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Doubtletree_Orlando, Management at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2010

Thank you for pointing out the convenient location of the Doubletree Resort Orlando to the many wonderful attractions in the area and some of the amenities we have to offer. It’s unfortunate about the mix up with the vouchers, but we are glad that you enjoyed the warm Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Reviewed February 27, 2010

Booked this hotel at the last minute through Alpharooms and got a great rate. Check in was a breeze and paid $10 per night to upgrade to a deluxe room which is worth it as these rooms face inwards and overlook the pool or garden areas. The cheaper rooms all face outwards over carparking areas. The receptionist was very nice and gave us a choice of rooms. We chose one overlooking the main pool. The room was spotlessly clean and the fridge, microwave and coffeemaker were very usefull but bathroom was very small. I've read some reviews about noise etc. but we had no issues at all. We used the main pool which is heated and very well kept, it also has a pool bar, but we prefered the quieter pool at the far end of the hotel as this one also has a hot tub. The pool rest rooms are also spotlessly clean which went down well with the wife, who is a clean freak. Location is probably not the best, as the immediate area is very quite, but the I-ride trolley stops right outside the hotel so getting around is very easy. There is an excellent little diner over the road called Village Inn, which is very cheap and friendly. We would recommend this hotel, we couldn't fault our stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Our Housekeeping staff is going to love learning that both you and your wife noticed the wonderful job they do! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for writing a review on your experience at the Doubletree Resort Orlando.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

My wife and I and my 13 Year old son stayed at the Hotel for 4 days returning on the 18th February. We booked this Hotel through TravelRepublic.co.uk, In England in August 2009 and payed the full price before departure for the entire stay. To cut a long story short after a nightmare of a delay at Atlanta Airport due to Snow, we missed our first night at the hotel. Travelrepublic used a company called HOTELBEDS.COM who actually booked the rooms at Doubletree. I rang the hotel on the evening of our expected check-in date and informed the reservation desk that we would be delayed, this was around 20.30hrs. we had to stay at the Airport as the weather grid locked the entire Airport. The female reservation clerk understood and informed me that our room was due a late check-in anyway and understood our situation. I tried calling HOTELBEDS on the number provided but no answer all evening to try and sort out an extra room as we already had lost our first night at the airport. Ok not the Hotels fault upto now. The following morning whilst still at the Airport at 08.30am i rang reservations and spoke to another female staff (name not known regrettably) I tried to explain our situation that we were stranded at the Airport and had a flight booked mid afternoon that day. She informed me that the room had been cancelled by HOTELBEDS, as we didnt check in, not the Hotels fault i Know but the reservationist was not helpful at all, she said she could do nothing about it. she didn't listen to what i was trying to tell her, to be honest she was damn right rude and i regret not having her name. How a room can be cancelled when its fully paid for is beyond me anyway... The reservationist only wanted to tell me that we could pay there room rate which is non refundable to secure our room. Didnt she see the logic side of our situation. but she carried on not listening and making my whole trip even worse. I ended the call and sorted the situation out with Travelrepublic, who to be honest were very helpful and sorted the situation out, but they need to kick in to touch HOTELBEDS.COM as they were in breach of contract cancelling a fully paid room..TRAVELREPUBLIC...DO NOT USE THEM AGAIN. Anyway eventually we check-in having lost a night in Florida, i decide to pay for an extra night Hotel rate due to the night we lost, having some flexibility helped. The check in staff checked us in and we sorted out the extra night. I don't like the way they take out $50 a day for security this some how cant be right, which i argued about so they took $50 the entire stay, still how can they when the rooms are paid for. please Management if you read this answer me. Review of room...As i expected near the car park at the back very close to Seaworld(15mins) child pace and Aquatica(10mins) HONEST. Very handy indeed. The grounds to the hotel and pool which we didn't use looked very clean and well kept, rooms are nice too, but ours had a damp smell a leak from the air conditioning, but due to only being there for 4 nights we put up with it.as we went through enough getting there. Other than that Hotel very nice...The DELI bar Pizzas are a must, better than Pizza hut by far. but again we ordered them twice during our stay, the same order 1st night $18.50 the 2nd time $21.00 ?????? HOW. I ordered a regular and a large which to be honest only the regular prices are displayed $4.50 SO the staff make up the cost of a large pizza, i didn't get anywhere when i quizzed this, but for the sakes of a couple of dollars and a hungry belly what the hell. Anyway our initial expected check out date, on return from the parks out door key didnt activate. I guessed it straight away, they had us checking out. Reservation again, to deal with the situation and the male staff informed us that the extra night we booked was not showing. thankfully the lady who checked us in was working and we pointed the blame directly at her, it was then sorted. To be honest, the staff didnt enspire me with much confidence and everytime we had any dealings with the hotel it ended up in a mess. 1ST the clerk on the phone no personal skills. 2nd DELI bar staff cant cope in a situation when quizzed. but can make Pizza's 3rd The Cookies don't work when your being messed about. overall, no confidence in the staff they should of tried better when a room is cancelled knowing the night before our situation, the check in girl didnt even book us in an extra night when she said and took details of our payment. Would i use it again. if visiting seaworld/Aquatica YES if the staff work harder and not putting on a friendly face all the time. DO NOT USE HOTELBEDS.COM TERRIBLE.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

What a difficult journey you experienced! We can’t imagine how tired and frustrated you must have been experiencing airport delays, the difficulties with your booking agent and not having the customer service you anticipated from our staff. We’ve taken note of your situation and are reviewing ways to improve situations like you experienced. We take customer service issues seriously at the Doubletree Resort Orlando.

Please don’t hesitate to call us directly regarding the matter of the $50 deposit. We will be more than happy to further investigate the situation for you.

Though we are glad you enjoyed the accommodations, we are listening to every review so that our guests will experience the level of customer service they deserve.