“Better than expected. Excellent value for the money.”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #124 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Better than expected. Excellent value for the money.”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This was much, much better than expected and truly a value for my money. From the time we arrived the response was friendly and that they wanted you there. The first day the remote broke for the TV and they were there within minutes to replace. All staff would great you with a smile throughout the resort. I say resort, because it felt like I was in an all-inclusive resort somewhere down south. The hotel lobby is fantastic and a very soothing, relaxing place to hang out during those nasty rain storms. There is a multitude of restaurants and bars, including a Pizza Hut. There is a tower and several two floor condo's of which have a small fridge. I would go back there again as the location is excellent, at the quite end of International drive where the Beach Line Expressway and I4 are. No bad things to report here. You ahve to experience to believe.
Enjoy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,475)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed for one night, and was surprised at the number of maintenance issues with the room. Among the issues encountered, the tub drained very SLOW, lamps were missing light bulbs, we were missing linens, what is that all about? I informed the manager upon checkout and he seemed only slightly concerned. On a positive note, it was clean.

Hull
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is our first time to Orlando with teenagers.We have enjoyed the experience in Orlando.The following is my personal experience & opinions,hope that it will help you especially if it will be your first time going there.We went by direct flight from Manchester and we are glad,since it took 9 hours to Orlando.We prebooked a car on internet (Mears which is excellent) from airport to hotel,since I did not want to drive over there.Be honest,we got by without a car.We were on holidays why felt stressed out with driving(on the wrong side).Hotel is very good contrary to a lot of negative reviews that I have read.They have spent a lot of money to upgrade so it achieved very good standards.Staff at front desk were very helpful & friendly.My daughter is on insulin and the room we went in did not have a fridge,but it was sorted in minutes.We saw ourselves in a upgraded room without extra charges.It was a spacious room,with coffee making facilities.Fridge and microwave too.Rooms are cleaned daily and new towels were given.Air conditioning was good.Shower is powerful and hot.Decor was good and new,no smell at all.Hotel location is very good,only 10 minutes to Sea world, so we went there 5 times,including watching the fireworks display twice,including on 3.7.2009 night.It is in the quieter part of International drive,surroundings are nice.Hotel ground is nice too,very spacious with 3 swimming pools and other facilities.We got our shopping in a garage across the road.There are on site restaurants which we ate twice,it was reasonable,main meals $16-20 and Max deli sold snacks & soda etc.Across the road there is a restraurant called Village Inn which is very good in our opinion,meal meal of 10 oz sirloin with a starter,soup or salad cost $11!There are other restaurants on International drive,with many chioces.We travelled by i-ride trolley(green buses) up and down International drive.We bought 14 days ticket for $17.With regard to the theme parks,I was glad that I did not buy them in UK.Main reason is, you may have different iternery once you arrive there which we did.There is NO problem to buy your tickets at the gate,and queues only for < 5 minutes,any parks.We have been to all 4 Disney parks,Sea world,Busch gardens(very good) & Universal studios/Island of adventure in that 14 days and cost us (4 adults) $1900,all tickets bought at the gate.Our hotel provided shuttle bus to all the main theme parks with good timetables.Weatherwise,it was very hot,in early 90 F,with showers on some days.I hope this review is not too long I just wanted to give others my experience.We have enjoyed the whole holidays so much.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AdamHull
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I'm like everyone else and read all the reviews. I was shocked when my family and I arrived at The International. Amazing! From the time I walked into the lobby to check-in until we check out a week later, everything was exceptional. Fantastic service, comfy beds. We had a king size and pull out couch bed. My six year old loved it and thought he was too cool. Plently of space. We have a baby, brought along the pack-n-play crib and it had it's own perfect space. Another thing to check, along the back wall in our room, we had sliding wooden doors that seperated the vanity/bathroom area from the rest of the room. I'm so glad that this was discovered on the first day. An extra bonus that our family used quite often.
One other plus was the walk to Sea World and Aquatica. We ended up at Sea World three different times, just because it was so close. Didn't have to pay $12 a day for parking.. Loved it!
I will return and tell all my friends!!!!
Wonderful!!

Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2009

The hotel has had a recent rennovation, so all the negative reviews before 2009 can be pretty much disregarded. The room we stayed in was at the end furthest from International Drive, towards the Sea World entrance, and it looked exactly like the pictures - very modern and fresh looking. Clean too, which you have to expect. The only downside was a very light stain on the carpet at the door, which I guess you'd expect as the pool was maybe 50 feet away, and there's no door mat to stand on when you (or anyone else) comes in dripping wet.

There was a 28" or so LCD TV in our double room with about 30 channels, including HBO, a nice sofa and coffee table which we didn't expect. The bed was really comfy, shower was nice and big (no bath), and there was an iron, hair dryer, and free safe, where you punch in your own combination to lock and unlock it. Very handy.

We stayed there as part of our Honeymoon, which started in NYC, then went to Miami, and ended up in Orlando. We're big kids, so it suited us really well. We opted to pick nice hotels in NYC and Miami, and stay in a Motel/Hotel in Orlando, but pay a little extra for some comforts. The IPRAS really exceeded expectations; and that's coming from staying in a 4.5 star hotel in Times Square NYC. Okay it's not the Hilton, and they don't lay mints onto your pillow in gold oyster shells, but it's a cut above the standard Days Inn, Ramada and Best Western types.

We didn't really use that much of the hotel's facilities, just opting to purchase the $9.95 internet for 2 days so we could email home, and we never visited the bar and grill. We used the hotel as a base for doing all the parks and lots of shopping, but it was nice to come 'home' to the nicely landscaped gardens, and have a quick dip in the pool.

Seaworld is about a 10min walk away, and ditto aquatica. Perfect for saving the $12 on parking! Everywhere else is either a trolley ride on the "i-ride" bus service, or a car drive away. We had a car, so we were slightly more flexible, but it was by no means a necessity.

The only downside was on checking out, when we received a bill for breakfast and were charged twice for internet on the same day. We were left standing for 30mins while the girl at the desk went away to check the breakfast list to see if we were lying or not. When she came back, there was no apology and no level of service at all.

Having said that, every other member of staff apart from that one girl was very polite and pleasant, and made us very welcome.

Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat. Hands down one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MichaelM09
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I, like most of the recent reviewers, can't believe how great this place was. The location is great, the "new" bamboo grill was great, the pool bar was great (Rum Runners were amazing), service was great, the landscaping was great, and the rooms were spacious and great.

Travel Tip - If you are going to take the I-Ride trolley anywhere besides one of the theme parks, SAVE your money and drive. Most places offer free parking and the others are cheaper the than riding in most cases.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JBravo01
Pensacola FL
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The updated rooms have a nice appearance. They look just like the pictures. The shower was not tip top clean, but everything else was pretty good. This place is just fine if you are going to Sea World. We walked to sea world pushing a stroller and it was no problem at all. The grounds are nicely landscaped, but thekids pool needed cleaning. It was pretty well packed with kids the whole time we were there. Can't comment on adult pool, didn't use it.
I'll save some time here: This place is good for families, it's inexpensive and close to parks. Village Inn is across the street for breakfast. If you are irritable, sensitive to noise, or don't like kids, you may want to look elsewhere. I felt safe and comfortable here. There were security patrols and staff everywhere.
The front desk was not actively helpful, and the Hotel restaurant took an hour to get our food (tasted ok, but had that themepark-quality-to-price ratio) out. I'm not too upset about it, but if this is the kind of thing that will ruin your trip, consider dining elsewhere.

1 Thank likesitlocal