In summary we had a great stay here and in my opinion this is a good hotel which I would use again and recommend to others. If you want to know some more please read on.
Check In: The process itself was quick and efficient. As we had booked a basic room they offered an upgrade for $10 a night to a room with a microwave and fridge. We declined this and they said that if we did want an upgrade at any point in our stay to just contact reception. The check in staff then sent us to their 'entertainment co-ordinator'. We chatted with him and he said he could get us cheap tickets for theme parks and then quoted us a price (which was significantly cheaper than any other prices we had seen). We said "yes" and he then said we would have to go and see him the next day at a time-share resort and have a tour for the morning. I told him we were not interested in a time-share (we did not want to waste part of our holiday listening to a sales pitch). I would therefore recommend giving this a miss unless you are interested in a time-share or you are willing to go and spend a morning/day listening to a salesman to try and get cheap tickets. This soured our first impressions of the hotel and we could have done without it after a long flight (incidentally they do have a proper ticket seller at another desk).
Hotel Room: We were given a room in Block 5 which faced outwards looking over the car park. Parking during our stay was free and there were always spaces. However, the view of the car park was not great especially as they had large storage containers in it. The room itself was large with two double beds, there was also a desk and two chairs. The room was clean and well presented and overall very nice. The room also had a flat screen tv with about ten channels and pay per view movies. Strangely there were no ceiling lights in the room, just lamps, however when the lamps were on the light provided was sufficient. As others have said the bathrooms are on the small side.
Swimming Pools: There are three swimming pools and none of them are as large as the brochure pictures suggest. The pools and surrounding areas were clean and during our stay there were no life guards.
Location: It's a ten minute walk to SeaWorld and once there there is a free bus to Aquatica. We had a car and the hotel was a 10-15 minute drive to Universal and 20-25 minutes to the Disney parks. The area surrounding the hotel does not have many restaurants or shops within walking distance. Across the road there was a Chinese restaurant next to the Spa, a Village Inn, an Italian restaurant, a Subway and a petrol station with a couple of shops. We walked a bit futher afield and near the Convention Centre there were a few more restaurants and a shop (20 minute walk). We also walked to Pointe Orlando (complex of shops, restaurants and a cinema) which took a good 40 minutes each way. We therefore used the car to travel every day and did note there were always people waiting at the bus-stop outside the hotel for the i-ride.
We did not use any of the other hotel facilities. We used the hotel as a base for visiting the theme parks and we were very pleased we chose this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando