“Service that goes above and beyond "above and beyond"”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #136 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have no complaints about any aspect of this stay, but the real reason I'm writing is to talk about how phenomenal the service was. It began with check in, when the front desk clerk upgraded me to the HHonors floor. In fact, all the front desk folks I interacted with were great, as was the bell hop who tried to help me arrange transportation to an event one night after my ride fell through. And although I didn't see him/her, the person who cleaned my room seemed to take extra care to make sure things were just right.

But the star of the service experience was Winston, the Lost and Found Coordinator. I had left my mouth guard in the bathroom, and he was extremely responsive and even persistent in tracking it down. Although I doubted the housekeeper had thrown it away, no one could locate it. After several days, I had given up and resigned myself to getting a new one, but Winston kept at it and was ultimately successful in retrieving it and shipping it to me. He truly did go above and beyond "above and beyond." The Doubletree is lucky to have staff like him, and it's clear that excellent service is a top priority for them.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat and recommend others do as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cshunt312
Doubletree_Seaworld, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Service is key here at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld and we are delighted to hear the positive impact our team had on your stay. We are happy to read that Winston was able to locate and return both your mouth guard and case. We strive to provide all of our guests with our Whatever It Takes atmosphere and it is wonderful to read that you were able to experience this first hand. It was a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,358)

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nikki at the front desk is very pleasant. Her customer service skills are on point. The room, building 11, 1110 was nice but the A/C worked just good enough to keep us from complaining. The staff, everyone I encountered was very good. They seem to like their jobs and it shows. The pools (3) were clean and plenty of towels.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank yankee-peddler
Doubletree_Seaworld, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We want your stay to be comfortable at every turn, so we always encourage our guests to reach out to our team with any concerns or requests. We'll share your kind words with our team and appreciate your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Excellent front desk staff very friendly and helpful Davone was our favourite staff .When we got given our first room it was still dirty.So we got given a 2nd room which was dark and horrible.But 3rd time lucky we had a ok ish room by lagoon pool.Except for loads of dust around under bed area but an improvement from last 2 rooms.Very noisey at night time the pool is ment to close at midnight but wasn't a lot of the time.The room under the tower can get very noisey aswell we had to call the front desk a few times.The maid always forgot something like cleaning the shower and more .No adult pool which would of been nice .The hotel is in partnership with sea world but you would not think this.Except for 3 tvs at front desk showing seaworld.Great location to seaworld just a short walk or free shuttle.I don't think this hotel is worth the money I have stayed at better hotels for cheaper price.We stayed tor 3wks honeymoon

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room do not get a room by lagoon pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kflo12

Congratulations to you both! Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view with us. It seems we missed some opportunities to make your stay an excellent one and for that, we are sorry. Guest rooms should be presented at their very best and it sounds like we fell short in this regard. We will use your comments to refresh our team's commitment to the high standards we are known for and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is perfect if you plan a day or two at Sea World. They even have a walking trail that will take you from the property directly to the theme park, if you choose to walk. Since so close we stayed until around 3:00 got the hand stamp ( also save your receipt) went back to the room to cool off and freshen up so we could go back for the 9:00 Shamu show and fireworks.

Three pools, a couple of restaurants ( one includes a Starbucks). Beds are very comfortable, room temperature was awesome, I never had to adjust it. Shower pressure is great! I felt safe here and the desk clerks were very friendly and helpful!

The pool that is near the tower also has a separate play area for kids, with a swing and slide. There is also putt-putt on property, ping pong table, sit-at pool bar

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room, may be an upgrade charge though. 4th floor was quiet. Use entry across from th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank keeprothestrz

Our resort property has many activities and amenities to make your stay entertaining and enjoyable, as well as offering a convenient location near all the fun that Orlando has to offer. As an official hotel of SeaWorld, registered guests of the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld receive exclusive benefits which are detailed on our website. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here with my brother for a week and it was a great place to say. We received absolutely brilliant customer service prior to booking back in march. We emailed several hotels in the Orlando area. But Doubletree where the most efficient and prompt to reply to us. They helped us out with any inquiry we had and it was this excellent customer service that made us decide to book it. In staying here I found it to a great place to stay are room was a good size and the refrigerator very beneficial.The room staff where very efficient and are room well taking care off daily. We where with footsteps of the Lagoon Pool and Parrot bar of which I we enjoyed very much and great for a unwinding after a busy day at theme parks, There was also pool tables to enjoy and your leisure. Arcade too. Max's deli for a quick bite as well. The on site Expedia experts/concierge where great and very helpful. The gave us a great deal on Seaworld and other attractions. Overall I was very happy the hotel and would defiantly return. .

Room Tip: If your not a fan of bars and the noise that goes with it. Consider staying in a room not near the L...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Keithhig

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to win you over; it sounds like you and your brother both had a great time! We hope to offer more than just a place to stay while visiting the wonderful attractions that Orlando is known for and we appreciate the highlights you've shared here. The next time you are in the Orlando area, we hope you'll visit us again at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Don't be surprised when you wake up and find a roach in your bathroom. I did not report the issue as Florida is known for having roaches in living facilities due to the humid weather. I just expected hotels to take extra precautions. However, they do have very friendly lobby staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Doubletree_Seaworld, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us. Due to the climate, Florida does have palmetto bugs and our property does have pest management services to ensure the comfort of our guests. We will have our team look into and further address any concerns. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am just back in Dublin after spending 16 nights in the Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld.

The bad:

The room was a tad basic but did the job. No real wow factor but in fairness it was very clean and the housekeeping changed linen faster than we could use it.

The good:

Location - The hotel was in the centre of everything, nothing was too far away and the hotel was also very well served by taxis, the i-trolley (stop 29) and Lynx busses

Seaworld - The hotel is on the doorstep of Seaworld, also the free "Quick-Queue" tickets everyday for Seaworld was a nice perk of being a guest of the hotel (see Concierge - he will sort you out with them)

Cookies - Lots of free cookies at reception

Staff - I felt the staff were excellent. They went out of their way to deliver first class service. Everyone from the waiting staff to housekeeping were extremely friendly and professional. In particular I want to mention Davone at the front desk who was amazing. Like a number of guests staying in the hotel, we thought he was the hotel's biggest asset. Not only was he extremely efficient and professional, but he was so genuine and friendly also. Nothing was ever a problem for Davone and he also aimed to please. I wish someone in senior management could see this review purely to hear how incredible Davone was and how well he treated guests.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be bang in the centre of everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gavindavies1992

It is wonderful that you were able to enjoy so much while here. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. Our goal is to provide experiences that exceed expectations and I look forward to sharing your feedback with Davone. The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld is located in the heart of the Orlando entertainment and theme park area and we are happy you were able to enjoy the ease of getting to area destinations. It was great to have had you here and we hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.