We just returned from a 5 night stay and had a great time. We arrived around 930pm so check in was a breeze. We were in building 5 facing the parking area, the room was larger than a standard hotel room with 2 double beds. I will say with the size of the room it would have been nice if they could have had a small table with a few chairs, we ate in the room several nights and that would have made it quite a bit easier, but again not a huge deal. The room itself was clean and the beds comfortable. I will agree that the safe is not in the best location.
The room location was great, we were only a few doors from the parking area which was convenient and we were very close to the family pool area and mini golf. The pools were great, plenty of loungers available and the hot tub was HOT and was perfect relief to sore feet after a day at the parks. During the day at the family pool they did have wait staff for drinks etc.
For us the best part of the hotel was the location. We did single day passes to Sea World, Legoland, Universal and Magic Kingdom. We walked to/from Sea World which took maybe 10 minutes tops. Definitely make sure you stop by the business center/concierge to get the Quick Queue passes---that was AWESOME! Front of the line access for the top 7 or 8 attractions at the park. But getting to/from Disney and Universal was a 10-15 minute drive so this really is a central location.
After reading some of the previous reviews, I was a little shocked at all of the negative posts and am glad we really didn't encounter any real issues including parking and using the gate, I am really shocked about the issues with that, just tap your room key card to get in and out, wasn't difficult. I too hate hidden fees and do feel the parking fee of $15 per night is ridiculous but in trying to find a hotel for this trip it is either you pay a parking fee or a resort fee so some how you will be paying the extra no matter where you stay. I agree with everyone and think they should just add it in to the nightly rate and eliminate it all together. In regards to some of the complaints about exterior/outside entry, similar to extra fees, it is hard to avoid this in Orlando. We have stayed previously at the Sheraton Vistana Villages and at 2 Disney Resorts and all have exterior access to your rooms. So I wasn't shocked and it wasn't an issue.
Overall we had a fun, comfortable, enjoyable stay. I would recommend this hotel to others and would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando