“Room Review”

Ranked #126 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
memphis, United States
“Room Review”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

No elevator to the second floor. Stayed in unit 7. This was very challenging when bring luggage up and down the stairs - even for young people. The AC was also poor. It was comfortable for the most part, but the room would get really warm in the evenings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Lasherlette J
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
While we are happy you were able to enjoy your visit, we are disappointed to learn your overall experience was not as you had hoped. At the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, we hope that our guests will reach out to us during their stay so we may address any concerns they have immediately. It does not appear that we had the opportunity to work together to ensure your room was as you expected and we regret any inconvenience. It is our hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Orlando. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,494)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me and my Fiance just stayed at this hotel last week. We were very happy with the hotel. Last month I emailed April Willis to talk about getting an upgrade to the tower. April was very professional and assisted me with this. We arrived early Monday morning and our room was ready. The room was in the tower and overlooked SeaWorld. Everything about the room was amazing. The resort was big enough but not too big you felt lost. It has 3-4 pools and a Jacuzzi. By the pool there was a Pool bar so if you wanted a drink or food you didn’t have to go far. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with anything we needed. The hotel is right next to SeaWorld and it is a 5 minute walk. I would definitely recommend walking instead of driving and wasting money on parking. On our last day we had a late evening flight home so I called up and requested a late checkout, I was accommodated so we were able to hang out at the resort a little later than normal. I will definitely stay at this resort again and recommend this to anyone. Thanks again Doubletree Orlando of Seaworld for an amazing stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert V
Thank you so much for your great review. We are happy you were able to enjoy your visit and spend some time relaxing by the pools. Your recommendation to others is appreciated. We hope you have the chance to visit the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

On impulse, took my daughter to Orlando for a very quick weekend. Didn't have much time to set the trip up and chose this hotel for the location. You can walk to Sea World, which I recommend because waiting for the shuttle can be very hot this time of year and it goes all over. A 10 minute walk, however, can seem daunting after being on your feet for hours at Sea World. Service was great, everyone was super friendly. The only reason I didn't go five stars is that they forgot the room service menu in the room and took an hour and half to bring it up and that the room had fleas. Although the lobby is expansive and nicely decorated, this is definitely a mid range hotel. The rooms appear to have gotten a recent redo with wolfgang puck coffee maker, granite countertops, a sink like a bowl, white sheets, etc. File under the category of you get what you pay for: being an establishment that allows pets, our room apparently had fleas because we were both bitten terribly. The gift shop had a great assortment of snacks, but was out of regular milk. A lot of families and kids there, no surprise. The location was perfect so for that reason alone I'd stay again, but try to get a room not requiring an outdoor walk. It rained heavily just before we were scheduled to go out to see a show and if it hadn't stopped, we would've gotten soaked on our way out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
It is great that you and your daughter were able to enjoy some time with us for a weekend getaway. I am disappointed to learn your accommodations were not as you expected. It does not appear that we had the chance to address your concerns during your visit and hope that you were able to fill out the proper paperwork regarding any issues so we may look into and address as needed. It is our hope that each of our guests is comfortable while here and we regret any difficulties you may have experienced. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just back from doubletree and can say that the hotel is perfect for a holiday base in Orlando Florida. They have very friendly staff and great pools.Rooms are comfy and clean.This hotel sits in the less busy end of international drive but is only a short walk or bus ride(I-ride bus) to busier parts of I-drive.They also offer free bus transport to wdw parks (and other theme parks)which is a great for a none driver.All in can only say good things about this Hotel and will return back.

5 Thank andy d
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We are happy you were able to experience so much during your stay. When staying with us, our guests can enjoy a variety of transportation options to travel around the area and our concierge desk personnel are available to assist with any questions you may have. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.
East Fushkill, NY
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The lobby & rooms inside were recently renovated and the look is very nice. Unfortunately I didn't realize the rooms had doors to the outside or I would have asked to be in the tower. I don't usually stay in hotels like that b/c of safety (esp when traveling w./my kids alone.) There were no sidewalks to the room buildings either, weird. The clientele was interesting and very noisy at night, luckily the AC drowned out the noise. I didn't have a shower curtain when I arrived. I called and didn't get one before we went to dinner and then at 11pm we get back, had to call 3 times before one came. Took 30 minutes to get a shower curtain! I was scared to open the door so late too b/c it was not very well lit outside the rooms. I was only $99 so I guess I shouldn't expect much but I won't stay there again. FYI Pictures online are all the nice stuff.

Room Tip: ask to be in the tower, although I never saw the rooms, at least your door doesn't lead directly...
2 Thank L D
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours. We strive to provide a safe environment for all of our guests and we thank you for sharing your perspective. When here, it is our hope that our guests will make us aware of any issues they may have with the location of their room so we can work together to ensure your time here is enjoyable. I will review your feedback with the team and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention. It is our hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Orlando.
Yulee, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Positives: Walking distance to Sea World and good distance to restaurants. My children loved the pools.

Negatives: Our room could have been a little cleaner. The key to our room was a pain because it took forever to get it to work properly. The beds were not very comfortable and the pillows were hard. $15 a night for parking when you are not even guaranteed to get a spot near your room(worked out good for us though) is a bit much. Oh and when I checked we didn't receive our Fresh Warm Cookies lol.

Overall we would stay here again and even the negative things weren't that bad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela J
Your feedback regarding your stay is appreciated. We strive to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations and will share your feedback with the housekeeping team as we continually work to provide a positive experience for all of our guests. Our parking fees, which remain separate from our room charges, help to provide our guests with a gated, patrolled area to leave their vehicle while here. We apologize for not having our signature cookie available during your check in and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld soon.
Pennsboro, West Virginia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We found this hotel to be everything we had read about! Very nice atmosphere, wonderful rooms and the pools were great! The food on site was delicious! The staff was very friendly and helpful! We would stay again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank tristianbj
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. We look forward to welcoming you back.