“Sea World vacation”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #135 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We found this hotel to be everything we had read about! Very nice atmosphere, wonderful rooms and the pools were great! The food on site was delicious! The staff was very friendly and helpful! We would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank tristianbj
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,261)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for our honeymoon from the 11th June until the 25th. I contacted April Willis a few months before we arrived too see what surprises we could put into place for my wife for when we got there. When we did get there it was better than I ever could have imagined. April had put us in an amazing room on the 15th floor with the most amazing view and put champagne and chocolate strawberries on our table with pettles on the bed and a lovely card, she also gave us breakfast vouchers. This combined with the very warm welcome we received from the front desk as we arrived, the hotel and the staff had made a brilliant first impression on me and my wife. As the holiday went on the brilliant service was maintained throughout the hotel. The front desk staff was always smiling and helpful, the dining staff were always polite and friendly and the one person we really went out of our way to try and see and talk to was the lady that cleaned our room and unfortunately i can't remember her name but she had gold teeth and was by far the most friendly person we met on our holiday a real credit to the hotel.
There is also plenty of things to do around the hotel with the gym and spa, but when we wasn't going to the Disney park most of our time was spent around the pools which were all very different but all were very clean, lovely atmosphere and plenty of beds and towels available. The food in the grill was very nice slightly high prices but expected in a hotel restaurant but the Deli there isn't the greatest and is the only one thing I’d say to stay away from in the hotel as very high prices for very average food.
Travel wise if you haven’t got a car the best way to get around is the buses very cheap and once you get the hang of them very simply to get around on.

To wrap up this review the hotel was a pleasure to stay in and I would recommend to anybody that wants a clean, relaxing and friendly place to stay. April and the staff at the hotel are brilliant. Thank you so much for everything you did for us, we will defiantly be back.

PS. If you want a nice cheap place to eat the village inn straight across the road have the best food - Amazing burgers and pie's

Josh and Roxanne South Yorkshire, England

Room Tip: Corner suites
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joshua D

Congratulations again on your wedding. We are delighted the team was able to make your stay more enjoyable and I appreciate your feedback. I am delighted you were able to experience so much while here and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. Thank you and we hope you have the chance to visit the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was a great find! It's right off International Drive and only 3-5 minutes from every sort of entertainment you can think of. We went to Wet N Wild the first day of our trip and it only took about 8 minutes to get there. The second day we went to Universal Studios and it took about 12 minutes (on a very busy Saturday). The check in was great, Maureen did an amazing job. I read a few posts on here saying the rooms were dated.. I couldn't disagree more. I am not sure if we were given a renovated room but the room we had was amazing! Wood floors, nice kitchenette area and an all glass shower.

The next time we come to Orlando we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for the King Studio Room if you only need one bed. Great room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RoseKL

It was great to have had you here and I thank you for sharing your stay. We are happy you were able to enjoy the central location of the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld and found it easy to get to area destinations. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

One important note, if you are getting a car and are wondering wether to take your satnav or not, do take it!!!!! It's very easy to get turned around and lost on a map, I would have been lost without mine.

The doubletree is conveniently located within walking distance to both seaworld and aquatica, motorway links to both 528 beeline and I4 plus international drive. Westwood blvd takes you down toward Disney area.

The hotel rooms are clean, spacious and cool, the aircon works very well, which it needs to in the summer months, we went in May and it was between 80 and 90 every day.

If your going to seaworld, then go into they guest relations and get a fast pass, only for a few hotels in the area, you get to skip the lines.

Mostly everything about this hotel is excellent apart from the few points below:

1. Breakfast is a little expensive, $16.95 for a buffet breakfast each. There were 2 of us and went to Perkins or village inn across the road and was very good and spent no more than $25 total.
2. The beds are hard but ask for a mattress topper or two and your ok, but normal sheets and no duvets.
3. There are 3 pools, the quietest is nearest the laundry at one end of the complex, this offered relaxing music and not many kids. The pool temperature however seemed to vary between days, very warm one day and cold the next.
4. Make sure you check in first before parking up and unloading your cases. The complex is vast and you will find yourself walking a distance if your parked in the wrong place. Park in the reception entrance first.
5. Parking costs. We booked through Thomson and are hilton honours members so, from either one of those the parking costs were included, otherwise it's $14 per day parking so is a considerable cost for two weeks, check it out first by emailing the hotel.
6. We were in the tower and the walls between the rooms are a little thin. Nothing you can really do about a crying baby in the next room!
7. Many of the garden rooms have 2 double beds and face out toward the common public areas of the complex, consider this when booking, the pools are open until midnight and from 6am. We often came back at 9pm and found people in the pool.

If your having days off from park days then there are better hotels I think than this as the pool areas are a little basic, this maybe the norm as they expect most people to go out, but could be better.

There are no shortage of hotels in this areas so consider before booking. Ask me any questions you like.

Room Tip: something in the tower, or a garden view room that doesn't face toward the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clanpip

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. Your tips and suggestions for guests is appreciated. When booking your stay with us, we offer a Bed and Breakfast Vacation Special which includes our Bamboo Grille breakfast buffet each morning of your stay. Additionally, when traveling with children, kids 12 and under can eat free. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is an older Hilton property, but still very nice. I had a room on the 16th floor in the tower. The check-in process was smooth and I was given good directions to my room.

While I didn't have much of a view, the bed was comfy. The TV was a flat screen with HD channels.

Overall a nice property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We are delighted to learn your stay with us was enjoyable and I thank you for sharing your stay. It is great that you were able to relax and enjoy your comfortable accommodations. We hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Myself and my family are due to go to the doubletree hotel by Seaworld in October I contact the hotel regarding facilities in the room, and I also asked the Hotel to send me a menu I was quiet surprised to see that for breakfast was very expensive it was 18 dollars for 1 pancake plus 22% service charge and then local tax so for a family of four we are looking at spending around $100 for breakfast over a week that would be $ 600.00. Has anyone else who has already being found it expensive anyone has any ideas!!!! Also I asked the hotel for prices for a upgrade did not come back with any prices?.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing experiences regarding your inquiries for your stay in October. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and hope you have the chance to reach out to April Willis at the following email address - april.willis@pyramidhotelgroup.com so we can work to ensure your stay is as you expect. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We arrived at the doubletree on the 3 July and as promised by April our room was upgraded free of charge. Check in was fast and the staff were all very friendly and approachable. We were in room 980 which was a room overlooking the lagoon pool. The room was very nice and came with two double beds, a fridge freezer, microwave and shower etc. The only negative thing I would say about the room was that there was not enough lights in the room and therefore it was a little dark. The room was cleaned everyday, with management coming to check if this had been done. We found the shuttles to and from Disney very good but used the I trolley for universal. The hotel provides excellent benefits for seaworld, each day we got a quick queue which saved us a lot of time and it is also located about five minutes from the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again. Also the cookies were very tasty!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

It is great that you were able to enjoy so much during your visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. We are happy you had the chance to experience the transportation options available to our guests and we thank you for sharing your perspective. Thank you for your recommendations to others and it is our hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.