“Loved the location the price”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #137 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My 7-year-old daughter and I took a trip to Sea World. The DoubleTree is one block away and there is a back exit from the Doubletree where you can walk over to SeaWorld. We lived in the Villas (not the tower) and we had a pool right near the front door of our room. Parking is $15.00 a day but that was included (free) in the online hotel price that I paid. The front desk gave away free warm chocolate chip walnut cookies --my kid and I loved those! The rooms were very clean and the rooms were extremely nice. I will certainly go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

We couldn't be happier to read that you and your daughter had such a great time while here. It is wonderful that you were able to experience so much and I appreciate you sharing your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked this holiday in july 2012 for myself and four other family members. Several weeks before travelling, we were reading reviews of the hotel on trip advisor and we were concerned about some of the comments made by other travellers about the standard of the rooms in the resort area. Having thought about this we decided to email the hotel asking if it was possible to be upgraded into the tower block as this suited us better. The following day we received a quick reply from April Willis offering us FOC(free of charge) upgrade of two rooms in the tower block, including two double beds in each, enough to accomodate 5 people.
We arrived on the 21st june, and after a long day travelling we just wanted to check in as soon as possible. We were greated by warm cookies and friendly staff.
When we checked into our rooms in the tower block, we were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of them, and we couldnt fault them at all. Once we dumped our bags we had a walk around the hotel grounds to get our bearings, and were very impressed with the facilities: 3 swimming pools, jacuzzi, games room, laundry room, mini golf, on site deli, two restaurants, expedia infomation desk, and a gift shop.
As a Sea World hotel, guests are entitled to early entry to Sea World on certain dates, and a quick queue ticket for the rides. *only 10 walk to sea world and aquatica.
Overall our two week stay was very memorable at this hotel, its in a great location with the i-ride trolley stop 29 on the doorstep. Would highly recommended this hotel, and would stay again.

Room Tip: Request tower block, or deluxe resort rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dean L

When staying with us, our guests can explore 28 acres of beautifully landscaped property which includes pools and outdoor games area, restaurants, a spa and much more. We are thrilled you were able to reach out to us prior to your arrival to ensure your stay was as you had hoped. It was great to have you here and we thank you for sharing your experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and absolutely love it! The rooms are beautifully decorated, well maintained, linen was changed regularly and kept clean. We love arriving to the warm cookies! The hotel staff are all very friendly, extremely professional and I cannot praise them enough particularly the concierge and security team who helped us when one of our party fell ill with heat stroke. The location is perfect with the iRide trolley stop just outside the hotel and the regular free shuttles to the attractions, we love walking across to Sea World in the morning after picking up a fresh bagel at the deli! On both occasions we have had rooms near the larger quiet pool and it's great to relax here at night after a long day wandering the parks, there isn't much noise even near the main building at night, the bar is lovely with a nice selection of drinks and a one of a kind atmosphere. I can't wait to come back here!

Room Tip: We prefer our rooms in the two storey buildings near the larger quiet pool, its close enough to the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

It is always a pleasure to welcome back guests to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. We can't thank you enough for your loyalty and appreciate your kind comments. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. We do hope the member of your party is feeling much better. It would be wonderful to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Room was located in the towers top floor, very nice suite! Great view of SeaWorld and hotel property. Well appointed rooms with modern updated furnishings. Parking was a little inconvenient. Located near restaurants, attractions and minutes from the airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Dan M

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your accommodations and we appreciate your feedback. The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld is centrally located making it easy to enjoy the area theme parks, restaurants, shopping and more. We hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Cannot beat their $59 teacher rate!! Big, clean, comfortable room! Great pool! Perfect place to stay if you are going to SeaWorld. Will definitely go back. The only negative was that we couldn't find an elevator to our room and had to carry luggage up the stairs.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld offers a variety of discount packages for our guests and we are delighted you were able to enjoy a great rate. For any future stays, do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding the property and elevator locations. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at this property twice in April 2013 while in the area for a mix of business and family vacation. The hotel was selected based on location for my business activities.

The property is situated along International Drive adjacent to Sea World and the Convention Center. It is a bustling hub of activity for business people and vacationers alike.. The immediate area is flush with restaurants and appears to be very safe.

The hotel consists of multiple buildings. A tower is surrounded by two story, motel like structures. The tower building has interior corridors while the rooms in the two story buildings have exterior access. This is a security issue for some.

For both stays I was sold rooms in the tower building. For the first stay I received a complimentary upgrade to a corner suite, while the second stay was in a traditional hotel room.

The exterior of the property has a mediterranean/tropical look and is very clean. Parking can be a problem and there is a daily charge for parking, This is unusual in Orlando.

The lobby was clean, neat and spacious and staff members were helpful. Check-in was very simple for both stays and while there was no wait at the HHonors desk, a queue line was long for regular check-in. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive during both stays. Elevator cabs to rooms were clean, neat and rarely was there a wait for service.

Interior hallways were found to be clean and very well lit. Despite heavy foot traffic, carpets were clean and in good repair.

The first room (suite) was very well appointed with nice furnishings, great views and above average amenities. The second room was more more traditional but again, bedding was of good quality and typical for the price point. Daily housekeeping service was good for both stays and when additional supplies were needed they were delivered promptly.

I took advantage of the breakfast buffet during my stay. I found it to be very good. It featured a superb mix of items and service was most attentive.

When my stays were complete check-out was quick and efficient. I was thanked for my business and invited back.

This is a very well managed property, and it shows. It is an excellent choice for a business or vacation stay.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are preferred.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cburley

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We can't thank you enough for your detailed review. Experiences like yours are what we strive to deliver to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a very large complex with multiple pools, bars, and eating opportuniites. I was placed in a corner room in the tower...WOW!!!! 900+ square feet with full size dining table and chairs and a full sofa with chairs. Bar and serving staff were very professional and helpful....now for the loss of a star. Hilton should send a team in to reveiw/train the check-in/out team. Upon check in, they couldn't find my reservation, so I provided the reservation number, and my Honors account...they found it, but when my bill was placed through the door for check out my rate was more than double my quoted rate. Went to the front deask to clear up, staff got everything cleared up but there were a couple of less than "Hilton Professional" actions. Overall recommendation is stay here (I'll stay there in the future) but make sure to detail and document your reservations and confirm upon check-in

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We couldn't be more pleased to learn your accommodations and dining experiences made your stay with us enjoyable. I thank you for sharing your customer service experiences during check in and check out. I will share your comments with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our customers. We truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.