“Excellent Customer Service (and we're not even there yet!)”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #119 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
WSM
“Excellent Customer Service (and we're not even there yet!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Read so many reviews. Due to stay here for 2 weeks in July. Have been e mailing hotel and received excellent and efficient responses to questions asked. We have been offered room upgrades and didn't even have to ask for them. Out travel company told us our parking charges were not included but hotel have said they are which is great news as $15 per day for 14 days soon adds up! Thank you April Willis ( Guest Service HHonors Manager Doubletree) and Michael Brugnone (Expedia Local Expert Concierge Doubletree) for all your help.

3 Thank Sue C
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are delighted you had the opportunity to reach out to our team prior to your arrival. It is always a pleasure to work with our current and future guests to ensure all their questions are addressed to help prepare for an upcoming stay. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Grounds of the hotel are wonderful. Three nice pools (although they were surprisingly chilly for late May) and nice landscaping. Definitely feels like a resort. We stayed in one of the smaller buildings which I though was more convenient than the tower since you didn't need to take an elevator. However, that did make the room a little motel-ish feeling. The room also had a damp, sort of mildew-y odor but it either faded or we got used to it five nights later because I didn't detect it by the end of the stay.

But then came check out. I didn't want to waste time upon departure in the morning so asked for a print out of our folio the night before (which should have been $0 since room was prepaid) but three restaurant charges were found. This was very alarming as we did not make them. The agent said that all charges when made are verified by room number and the guest's last name by the staff but that he would have the receipts pulled in the morning by accounting and that I should stop by before departing.

I found it quite annoying to have to go back in the morning, but even more disappointing that apparantly, accounting did not get the message to research the receipts and the front desk agent had to do that in front of me. It was very tedious as she had to go through each of the slips for the entire weekend's worth of charges (this was a Monday). Ultimately, she found two of them which seemed to have the wrong name with our room number but I can't be sure as when she saw me trying to look, she turned the receipts over so I couldn't see. Rather unprofessional if you ask me. She had trouble finding the third receipt but ultimately found one for a different room that matched the amount. Meanwhile, 30 minutes had gone by and I needed to leave immediately to go to the airport. She said she had to get all the paperwork to process the credit but at this point, I said that was her problem and to print me out a statement with the correct balance of zero. She didn't quite do this, as she gave me basically a blank statement but I needed to go so I just took that and ran. When I said I was going to be writing the manager about this incident, you could almost see her roll her eyes out of annoyance. Well I ultimately did write that letter with the names of the individuals involved. I had prepaid the room through a group organizer so they couldn't really offer me any compensation but at least I had hoped for an apology letter. To date, I haven't receive anything and it has been almost a month. Billing mistakes happen but I was dissatisfied by the manner in which the front desk attempted to resolve the situation, along with the lack of verification when the charges were fradulently made.

Another gripe is that the hotel charges $10 a day for parking which I think is silly and unnecessary for a hotel that is not located in the middle of a city.

Overall though, the hotel itself was pleasant and attractive. I only wished I didn't have to waste my time correcting their mistake.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JKNY329_10
It is truly disheartening to read comments such as yours and I regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during checkout. Our customers are our highest priority and I will review your feedback with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to service. Our parking fees help to provide a dedicated, secure and gated area for our guests to leave their car while staying with us. For those that do not require this amenity, there are many alternate forms of transportation available. Our concierge desk personnel are available to assist with any questions you may have. We are looking into your comments and thank you for making us aware of your concerns.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow this place is overpriced, $3 for a coke. Anyway, despite the hotel's curb appeal the rooms were not as nice as the renaissance. The hotel is all outside and spread out, and this is in central florida. The good side is that it has pleanty of nice pools and a great little fitness center.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are happy you were able to enjoy our pools and utilize our fitness center during your recent visit. The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld is centrally located to many area attractions and theme parks. We thank you for sharing your perspective regarding your stay. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
Kailua, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was in town for a business conference so I got a great rate. A few days before I had to book earlier but still got a great rate! I asked the staff to move me after the first night to a close room to the lobby and they did without hesitation! very very impressed with the professional staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

When staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld for business or pleasure, we strive to provide the highest level of customer service for all of our guests and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us so we could work together to ensure your accommodations met your needs and you were located in the area you had hoped. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Ocala, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

They do have a tower but most rooms are old school two story outdoor hall way style. That is not a bad thing. Nice easy access and you can park close to your room. If you are in the Military or a Teacher they offer an incredible deal during the summer. Great stay for the money.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are happy you were able to enjoy your visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. When staying with us we offer a variety of discount package for our guests throughout the year. Our website provides detailed information on our specials. Thank you for sharing your experiences and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Fayetteville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Excellent place for fun, rest and relaxation for the whole family, but checking in multiple families under one reservation resulted in complications. Rooms were not ready on time, and resulted in several changes and an overall delay in check-in.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for bringing these points to our attention. While we try to ensure our check in process is efficient and runs smoothly, we do regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are happy you and other family members were able to enjoy some rest and relaxation and fun during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.
Berkeley, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here a few months ago and the breakfast in the morning was not good. I will be back here in a couple of weeks and wish I could get some type of complimentary breakfast coupon since my last stay here wasn't good. But my room was AWESOME!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your perspective regarding the buffet breakfast. We offer a wide variety of choices for our guests and we are disappointed you were not able to find something to enjoy. In addition to our buffet, guests can order from our menu. Thank you and we look forward to having you back again soon.