Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$148
$111
$212
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$394
$313
Orbitz.com
7,573 results
All reviewssea worldvillage inndouble treeapril willisinternational drivewarm cookiestower roommain towermini golfconvention centeri ride trolleyping pongpool barparking feemain poolfree shuttleseaworld
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Disappointed-Female Biz person travling solo booked for 1 night........not a cookie upon arrival, they have a highrise shown on all websites but they also have about 12 Motel Style buildings in a 3 story walkup . To get to mine i had to get back in the car after checking in and drive around 10 other buildings to get to mine,got out in a dark parking lot limited parking . They claim the parking gate pass is a deterent, but anyone can certainly walk through to these buildings. Then you drive to the motel style room (no luggage cart insight)There is an elevator but for my room it was all the way around the otherside near the stairs.The room was dimly lit. It appeared to be clean until you look, stained walls,soiled curtains that covered a window but i couldn't open it becasue the building has "catwalks" so if you opened your curtain anyone walking to their room could look in...The best part and the main reason I can't stay at Double tree again is : I was there for business and had a FedEx package sent a day in advance to the Hotel with my name and it said Hold For Guest Arrival - but the Hotel Neglected to Inform Me it Arrived,.I woke up in the middle of the night, thinking omg where's my Fed Ex....I woke up called the bellman to learn "Yes its here "sorry". My room rate included breakfast which I will say,was nice, they offer a buffet breakfast you can eat indoors or out......If your on vacation go for it, if you have kids or are on a budget but otherwise I felt deceived thought I was getting the usual DoubleTree brand I trusted and stayed at , with my cookie!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Highrise
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

To read a review such as yours is very disappointing as this is not the experience we expect for our guests. Your loyalty to the Doubletree brand is appreciated and we regret any difficulties you may have experienced during your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to experience our hotel and everything we have to offer.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

having booked doubletree for two weeks i was not disappointed
first room they booked us in to, was in block 17. room was more then adequate but was noisy at night as it was very close to the hotel laundry. so i went to see the reception told them the problem and was resolved instead with a room up grade to block 11, at no expense to me well done, even offering staff to help us move.
over all experience was very good
bad points and has really bugged me after spending good money on the booking they charged me for parking costing very nearly $200.
and one other thing would help they overall experience wifi in the rooms would help
would go back yes but the parking fee has tainted the stay alittle

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

We are happy to hear your two-week stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld was a pleasure. Although we understand your disappointment with parking fees, this provides our guests with the convenience of a gated parking area while staying with us. All fees associated with your stay, including in-room Wi-Fi are detailed on our website and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed two nights for a conference that took place in one of the resort's meeting rooms. The rooms were very clean, the grounds well-cared for, and the staff was friendly.

Be aware that the hotel charges $14.00/day for parking, a bit more for valet.

Our only unfavorable experience was when we tried to eat in the Bamboo Restaurant. After being seated, we waited about 15 minutes before departing. Clearly, there was some miscommunication about who was to serve us. We are normally forgiving, nothing works perfectly every time, but we had some time pressure and had to depart without being served.

There is a convenience store, a liquor store, and a Subway Sandwiches directly across the street from the resort, and a bus stop is right at the gate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

It is wonderful to hear your overall stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld was positive. However, it is disappointing to hear your dining experience was not as expected and we regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. Thank you for your feedback and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you want to stay off Disney property to save some money, the Doubletree is a good option. If you’re going to stay off property, you have to be careful about where you go. Many of the hotels on International Drive are in somewhat sketchy areas. When you get there, you’ll see what I mean.

But the Doubletree backs into SeaWorld at the south end of the International Drive strip, so has a better location. The hotel also attracts business events, which brings in a positive element.

Our room in an outside building (not the tower) wasn’t particularly fancy, but seemed reasonable for the price. It was clean. Water pressure was good and we never had any issue with hot water. You do have to pay extra for parking at $14 per day.

The hotel’s amenities are fine, although not up to the standards of the truly first-class hotels. But the pools are decent and there are other activities such as miniature golf for the kids.

Front desk and other service folks were good and plentiful to get you checked in and out or help with services. Here, again, their focus on business meetings definitely helps.

Location is great. It’s a straight shot from the airport on the tollway. SeaWorld is literally around the corner. And if you turn two quick rights out of the hotel, in just a couple blocks, you turn on to Central Florida Parkway, which merges right on to I-4 to get you down to Disney in a flash. Coming home, you just pop off at the Sea World exit.

Also, there’s a small strip mall across the street from the hotel, so snacks, liquor and a couple fast food and sit down restaurants are right there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SammySki

Your feedback and tips for future guests are all welcomed. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and we appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with us. We hope you have the opportunity to visit the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was in between a family trip at Disney and a work conference at the Orlando Convention Center. I needed accomodations for 1 night and didn't want to pay a lot. I saw a special rate at the Doubletree and decided to scoop it up. After my one night, I wished I had discovered this location and stayed there for my entire 9 days in Orlando. The rooms have been upgraded and provide a Polynesian feel. It's next to Sea World and has multiple pools plus a miniature golf course, pool table, and man sized chess set on the premises. Therefore, it's a great location with great offerings for families. The Convention Center is close and there are a plethora of restaurants within walking distance. If staying multiple days, i highly recommend purchasing the multiple day trolley pass. It will take you anywhere along the miles of International Drive for the length of your stay.

Room Tip: Choose a non-tower room if you want to be closer to pools. Warning: the Adjoining Room Doors are not overly sound resistent. As long as you have a respectful neighbors, it isn't a problem. My neighbors were fine, and provided a nice alarm clock for me in the morning - which was fine since I was without my children.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bluerad86

It is nice when something unexpected turns into an enjoyable experience. We are thrilled you had the opportunity to spend an evening at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld and explore the grounds while here. Thank you so much for your review and we hope you have the opportunity to return to experience everything we have to offer.