“Beautiful resort-like property, great location.”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #134 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We were looking for a hotel to stay while our family of four with 2 small children went to Sea World. We booked the hotel through Hotwire, and were very happy with the selection that they made for us when we read the Trip Advisor reviews. We got a great price, so even when we discovered that there was a per day fee for parking, we were satisfied with the price.

Upon arrival we were impressed with the appearance of the lobby area, were given freshly baked still-warm cookies, were told that we would be given free parking (didn't even request it!) and were given a map (with an activities list) which the check in employee wrote on to direct us where to park by our room. Since we have 2 small children and A LOT of stuff, we were really pleased that the rooms in the buildings around the perimeter of the hotels (not the tower rooms) had parking very near to the door. There is also a walkway to Sea World from the parking lot, and we were given a room near that corner of the property, so it ended up being perfect for us.

The grounds were beautiful and cared for meticulously. It really felt like being at a true resort. There were several pools, so no matter where your room was, you were near one of the pools. The beds were fairly comfortable although it seemed like the sheets were always coming off of the beds. The room seemed mostly renovated and had nice furniture. I can't be entirely sure, but it seemed like my feet were getting dirty from walking around barefoot in the room, so I don't think the carpet was new.

The only area of complaint was that we found out the hard way that the map with the list of activities that we were given upon our arrival was out of date. There was a breakfast with Sea World characters advertised as a $12 breakfast for adults, kids eat free, photo opportunity. Our 2 year old LOVES costumed characters, so we planned to go. Since it said "reservations suggested" my husband checked ahead of time and the restaurant staff said that it wouldn't be necessary but to come during a certain time frame to see the characters. Again, when we were seated and given the option of indoor or outdoor and we asked if one of the other were better for seeing the characters, they said both would areas would be visited. After over 45 minutes of pushing bland and cold buffet food around on my plate, we left, no characters. We got our bill and were charged $17 for each adult. When we questioned the server, not once, but twice, he told us that the $12 was for a cold breakfast and that $17 was the price for the hot items. I didn't have the activity page with me, so I decided to just get the paper and take it up with the front desk. When I spoke with the woman at the front desk, she basically told me "that activity page is it out of date, too bad." I told her we were never given any menus or options other than the hot buffet, never saw a price listing the full price, and would have never paid $17, characters or not. I persisted, and begrudgingly she spoke with someone else and said that they would credit us the difference. There wasn't really any apology or acknowledgment that they were in the wrong for advertising something that was no longer in effect, and that their staff was so poorly informed that they led us to believe that the activity was still on. Furthermore, the food was not good at all. The fresh fruit was the only thing worth eating, and if I knew what I was getting, I would have ordered a coffee and skipped the breakfast completely. When we got our bill on the last day, we were only credited for the difference on one meal, not the two that we paid for. I brought it up at check out not because the few dollars mattered so much, but wanted to give them one more chance to make things right. The woman at the front desk who checked us out was friendly and willing to go through the process to have us properly credited, even though it required some work on her part. In the end, things were mostly made right and the majority of the staff that we encountered left a pleasant impression.

Overall, it was a great place to stay in order to visit Sea World. It was maybe a half mile walk to get into the park, but not all that much farther than the far parking spots. We even have free parking with our Sea World passes, but decided to walk one of the days, and were glad that we did. It is somewhat difficult to cross the street (no signal) if you walk out of the park back to the hotel right at closing when there is a lot of traffic coming out of the park.

Overall a good experience. Would stay there again if we had the opportunity to do so at the same price.

Room Tip: If you plan to walk to Sea World request a room near the back corner of the property.(Building 6) A...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth V
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

We value your opinion and appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel. It can be challenging when traveling with small children and we are happy to hear the accommodations provided met your needs. It is unfortunate the Shamu character breakfast was not a positive experience for you and your family and we truly regret the disappointment you must have experienced. Your input will be used as we work with the staff to improve upon customer relations. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Served it's purpose usefully for our intensive 4 days doing the theme parks. Bit distant from the busy end of International Drive so depending upon what you're looking for it could be ideal. Easy to get to and from the parks via the freeway. Car parking quoted car at $10 a day but actually 'free' - a pleasant bonus when checking out !

We all slept well. Comfy beds or long theme park days ? Probably both to be honest !

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank BigBill6

We are thrilled to hear the location of the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld provided you easy access to the theme parks in the area. It’s not very often one receives something for free so it is great to hear your parking fees were waived while staying with us. Thank you for your review and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Renovated - so the inside is pretty decent however, the outside is not so impressive. very close to seaworld so the location is really good if you are going to seaworld or aquatica.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

As the partner hotel to SeaWorld Orlando, we are within walking distance to both SeaWorld and Aquatica Water Park. We are delighted the location of the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld offered you the convenience you were looking for. Thank you for your review and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We first arrive at the lobby and it was very "vocation" feel. Our room was on the first floor in one of the two story buildings. I know some reviewers said it has the "motel" feel but I think a lot of vocational places in Asia are in this kind of setting. I actually like it because we can park the car very close to our room. The parking was decent ($10 for self parking per day). Our room actually faced the mini golf and was very closed to the pool. We thought it might be noisy but during sleeping hours it was fine. They have a ping pong table, pool table, and large-size chess. The conditions of those items were decent. I also saw washer and dryer unit (it looks pretty clean). The pool was packed with kids but it is also decent. Now about the room itself. The design of the room is quite modern. I like the spacious sink/counter top and being separated from the actually bathroom because it is easier to get ready in the morning when you have more then one person in the room. But the bathroom was very very small. I would appreciated a bit bigger bathroom, but all the decors and stuff works fine. I also wanted to have a fridge but there was not one. They also had a safe in the room which I didn't use. I don't have much else to complain except for the ants!!! I read about some ants attack but I totally forget about it. We had a pack of sweet cookies opened in our food bag and I left it on the floor close to the front door. In the morning, the whole bag was filled with ants!! Everything was covered with ants!! I had to throw almost everything that was opened the bag and had to kill all of the ants on the carpet!! Although some opened item on the table was not attacked by the ants.

Now about food. We ate in the hotel the night we arrived. The food was....let's say we might be better off eating the pizza and pasta buffet instead. We took the left over back to the room but we end up throwing it the next day. Other than that, we didn't not eat anything in the hotel.

Now this hotel is close to the SeaWorld. Our building happened to be very close to the gate that goes to SeaWorld. I would say it is about a 10 to 15 min walk. You will first walk pass a intersection and into the human resource/employee parking lot of SeaWorld. Then you walk cross a large intersection and reaching the SeaWorld parking lot. The walk is not bad but I don't see many lights on the way. I saw many people walking back from SeaWorld after dark so I am assuming it is not too bad. I would think walking might be a easier choice because the lobby can be somewhat far from your room. Also I like to mention, Seaworld has this all you can eat plan for the day. You pay like $30 (I don't remember the price) per person, and you can eat at all the designated locations. If you eat your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks there, it will worth your while getting it!

So overall, the hotel is decent but just aware of ant attack!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tktk_543

Your feedback and suggestions regarding your stay are appreciated. At the Doubletree by Hilton Orland at SeaWorld, we encourage our guests to make us aware of any issues regarding their accommodations so they may be resolved and you can get back to enjoying your stay. For future stays, you can request a refrigerator for your room during the check-in process. They are available for a small daily charge based on availability. We appreciate your input and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our 1st week of our honeymoon and I must say after reading various reviews I really don't understand some peoples expectations!!!!

We had been upgraded to a delux room with the microwave & fridge as we where on honeymoon but Mark who showed us to our room said he felt as we where on honeymoon we could get something a little bit better!!! We where then upgraded to room 2425 in the tower and this was a suite!!! whoo hoo.

As we had plans for everyday whilst we where in Orlando we knew we wouldn't be in the room during the day at all.

All the staff were extremly friendly and very curtious and only too happy to help you out.

We ate breakfast at the hotel on the morning we where leaving and it was very nice. Maybe it was a bit on the expensive side but what do you expect!!!!

This was our 1st time to Orlando and we had an absolutley fantastic time and found everything so easy to find and use and nothing was too much trouble.

Maybe we are just more easily please compare to some people!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoubyLou69

Congratulations to both of you! It is wonderful to hear the room upgrades you received provided the perfect beginning to your honeymoon. Thank you for taking the time to share your first stay in Orlando with us; we will pass your kind words on the staff. We look forward to seeing you again at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I had read the various reviews about this hotel prior to our two week stay. We stayed in the main tower and was glad to say we did have an in room safe. The rooms were a good size and were decorated to a moderate standard. There was however building/renovation work being carried out on the ground floor which we were not aware of prior to our arrival. Not sure if this contributed to the brown tap water we had in our room on one day.
The grounds are very nice, there are three pools however the nearest to us was closed for one of the weeks. The deli was also closed for best part of our stay and when it did open we found it to be expensive and not stocked well.
In the first week we ate our breakfast at the hotel, it was $12.95 and was well priced for the buffet style/each as much as you want. However the price suddenly went up to $16.95, the waitress said this was because new items had been added, all we noticed was there was now baked beans. At this price the breakfast was not so good so went else where.
Overall good hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff and nice environment. Would return despite minor issues.

Room Tip: If in the tower ask for a room in the middle of the floor. Ice machines located at the end of the co...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Nichola F
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

With the recent addition of a safe to all of our rooms, we are happy to hear you enjoyed having this amenity available. We do regret any inconvenience you experienced during your stay due to maintenance and upgrades on the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld property. While there is never a perfect time to schedule upgrades, we try to implement changes between peak travel times to ensure minimal disruption to our guests. We hope to welcome you back soon so you may enjoy the upgrades that were in progress while you were here. Thank you.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed only one night for business and chose this location because of the rate ($62 per night through Hotwire) and the proximity to the Convention Center.
Pros: nicely appointed rooms, comfy beds, nice grounds and pools, extremely quick valet service.
Cons: Long walk to the room from check-in. Very dark hallways and pathway made it scary to walk late at night. $18 per day to valet park ($10 self park). That extra cost pretty much offset the good rates.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Although your stay with us was a short one, we are delighted you enjoyed many amenities our property has to offer like our recently upgraded rooms with Sweet Dreams® bedding. Your comments regarding the lighting will be shared with the management team so we can look into providing additional lighting where needed. Although we understand your disappointment regarding parking fees, it offers a secure facility as well as ample parking for our guests. The fees remain separate from our room rates, as there are guests that choose alternate transportation options such as the complimentary shuttles while staying with us. We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the future at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.