We first arrive at the lobby and it was very "vocation" feel. Our room was on the first floor in one of the two story buildings. I know some reviewers said it has the "motel" feel but I think a lot of vocational places in Asia are in this kind of setting. I actually like it because we can park the car very close to our room. The parking was decent ($10 for self parking per day). Our room actually faced the mini golf and was very closed to the pool. We thought it might be noisy but during sleeping hours it was fine. They have a ping pong table, pool table, and large-size chess. The conditions of those items were decent. I also saw washer and dryer unit (it looks pretty clean). The pool was packed with kids but it is also decent. Now about the room itself. The design of the room is quite modern. I like the spacious sink/counter top and being separated from the actually bathroom because it is easier to get ready in the morning when you have more then one person in the room. But the bathroom was very very small. I would appreciated a bit bigger bathroom, but all the decors and stuff works fine. I also wanted to have a fridge but there was not one. They also had a safe in the room which I didn't use. I don't have much else to complain except for the ants!!! I read about some ants attack but I totally forget about it. We had a pack of sweet cookies opened in our food bag and I left it on the floor close to the front door. In the morning, the whole bag was filled with ants!! Everything was covered with ants!! I had to throw almost everything that was opened the bag and had to kill all of the ants on the carpet!! Although some opened item on the table was not attacked by the ants.
Now about food. We ate in the hotel the night we arrived. The food was....let's say we might be better off eating the pizza and pasta buffet instead. We took the left over back to the room but we end up throwing it the next day. Other than that, we didn't not eat anything in the hotel.
Now this hotel is close to the SeaWorld. Our building happened to be very close to the gate that goes to SeaWorld. I would say it is about a 10 to 15 min walk. You will first walk pass a intersection and into the human resource/employee parking lot of SeaWorld. Then you walk cross a large intersection and reaching the SeaWorld parking lot. The walk is not bad but I don't see many lights on the way. I saw many people walking back from SeaWorld after dark so I am assuming it is not too bad. I would think walking might be a easier choice because the lobby can be somewhat far from your room. Also I like to mention, Seaworld has this all you can eat plan for the day. You pay like $30 (I don't remember the price) per person, and you can eat at all the designated locations. If you eat your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks there, it will worth your while getting it!
So overall, the hotel is decent but just aware of ant attack!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando