“Nice and safe Hotel, great location”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #135 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed 13 days for a Disney vacation with two kids. Although rooms are a little out dated with old carpets, we liked the place.
The location was very good for Disney and Universal parks. The place was safe and quite, beds were good, we did not notice any bugs or mosquitos. The breakfast buffet was very good and a good value for the money. It costed us 31.47 for 2 adults and 2 kids and the food was very good (specially omlets and waffles were very good). After reading some of the reviews we were a little bit nervous about this hotel but we had 13 great nights with out any complaints.
Finally all the presonel including the breakfast buffet were very nice and helpful.
Thanks a lot.

5  Thank AhmetAkman
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

You’ve made our day! From dining and location to accommodations and staff, it seems we accomplished a wonderful stay in all categories for you and your family at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Thank you for all the positive feedback and we hope you’ll be visiting us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,274)

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Let me preface this review by saying, I travel quite frequently, I therefore know whats good and know what is not so good. I've stayed at 4.5 star hotels and 2.5 star hotels. I'm the traveler who pays attention to detail but doesn't run the white glove across the dresser. That being said, I'm not sure who I'm more upset at, Priceline or Doubletree for misleading me into believing this is a 3.5 star property. It is not. It is not even a 3 star hotel as that is my standard for hotels. This property is a 2.5 star with albeit, great amenities. This was a 1 night stay on a road trip vacation and the following night I was staying at another Doubletree resort in Tallahassee (so I had sometime to compare to) You exit the main highway and see this grand 17 story building, The Doubletree. But once between the gates there is a perimeter around the property of 2 & 3 story motel style buildings. I was disappointed there was no area specifically for guests to park while checking in. The valets are practicing pulling you out your vehicle to park it. No thank you, as I had watched from my motel style window facing the parking lot & he nearly hit another car and screech tires left and right. DO NOT VALET. The reception area to check in is gorgeous. High ceilings, nicely decorated.
Here's where I become disappointed. It was 2:30 (check in 3pm) the front desk clerk signed me in but advised me the room wasn't ready and to please return later. Every other hotel I've been to where this has been an issue has given me a map to the facilities at the hotel and advised me where to park my car. Nope. I went to refuel my car and visit a few stores and came back a little after 3pm. Even though it is check in time, my room is STILL not ready, this time I got a nice young man who gave me my DELICIOUS cookies, a temp parking pass and a map on how to find the pool and the bar. He took down my phone # and read it back to me confirming I would be called as soon as my room is ready. I went and visited the main pool, its lovely with its water fall and not too crowded as there are 2 other pools. I sat at the bar had 2 Texas Iced Teas and waited in the dead heat for them to contact me. It had been over a hour and still no call, I went back to the front desk and was told I should have gotten a call, I didn't. The room had been ready and someone forgot to call me. As I previously mentioned I got a motel style room parking lot view. I expected this because I was a Priceline customer and sometimes you get stuck with the bottom of the barrel. Had I known these were motel style rooms where everyone staying on the floor walks right by the only window in your room that has to be kept closed up for privacy, I NEVER would have stayed there. To make matters worse I was on the 2nd floor and reaching the 2nd floor is only possible by stairs. Meaning all your luggage must be drug up a flight of stairs. I have severe back problems and this was a nightmare for me. Now here is where Doubletree comes in with their generic message and a remedy to the situation. Yes, they did offer to store my luggage and deliver to my room. I'm glad I didn't because the following day I walked by the luggage room, there were suitcases strewn about the hallway near the room, many were out of site of anyone and could have easily been picked off by someone with bad intentions. And Yes, I could have had a porter come down and cart my bags upstairs, but then I will have to reach into my pocket to tip this person because I was stuck with a room that was physically inconvenient to me. And YES I could have gone back downstairs and mentioned to front desk to move me, but I make it a point to NEVER stay on first floor rooms, and at this point I was exhausted and tired having to wait an hour outside in the heat for my room. I just wanted to lay down and not deal with yet another front desk person. Luckily I was only there one night, but climbing those stairs each time was horrendous. I hated the layout of the room. The room was completely open, no wall or barrier to give privacy in case someone was walking by, like I had seen at other Doubletree hotels. In fact the only shred of privacy I had was the 2' x 1' area in the bathroom. Thankfully I wasn't traveling with my in-laws! The room was adequately clean and the bed was alright, not "Sweet Dreams" but I slept well. There are these awkward plastic hooks that hold the curtains right next to the door as soon as you enter. People with children and large suitcases BEWARE! They looked flimsy and could easily break off. I was actually surprised by the coffee provided in room. I usually don't like the coffee they provide but I hard up for coffee that morning and decided to try it, not too bad.
The property is actually in a GREAT location, an eye-shot from Aquatica water park and Sea World. I saw some people walking into the park. I wouldn't, especially in that Florida heat. As previously mentioned, there are 3 pools. There is also table tennis, billiards lawn chess and mini golf. I received an itinerary with all the activities going on that week. There were so many! From morning until dusk there were many things, specifically for children, to do. I felt the whole time I was there I was on a Caribbean vacation resort. There were hammocks to lay in as well as patio tables and chairs to enjoy in the gardens.
Only thing I really enjoyed was that the pools were open until midnight. I hate it when I stay in hotels that the pools close early....what am I suppose to the do the rest of the night? That night was movie night in the main pool, so I went to one of the smaller pools, which had few people and was playing relaxing soft music, very chill atmosphere. Another thing I really appreciated were the different choices to eat on property and the fact they stayed open late. I was able to order a Pizza and take it back to my room at 11:30pm.
Okay so here's a HUGE gripe for me: $10 A DAY for internet!?!? Are you serious? We're in 2011 and you want to charge for internet in a 3.5 property. Ridiculous. Okay I get the $10 a day parking because of it's locations to the park. And when I used the business center's internet I felt I was back in 1999 using a 56k connection and was glad I didn't waste $10 on it. When I called front desk first inquiring about this, they first told me free wifi was only available to Hilton Honors Members, but then said BECAUSE I booked through Priceline, this type of reservation didn't allow me to have free wifi in my room.
Again, I loathe the entire concept of Motels, I wouldn't stay here again based on my standards and my likes. But I have family and friends who I know would really enjoy staying here and I have recommended it to them.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsDanger

We are grateful for your recommendation to others but we couldn’t help but be disappointed that we didn’t leave you with a better impression regarding your own stay. Our room types range and vary to fit all budgets and needs. We would have been happy to help you find a room that suited your needs if we had known, as the 3 story building has an elevator that might have been more convenient for you. There are louvered panels that slide open & closed to ensure your privacy and all the rooms in the resort have Sweet Dreams beds which were added in September 2009. We recommend to all our future guests to visit our site to learn of the details on accommodations, location and amenities available. With 1100 rooms in the resort, waiting for a room is not normally an issue so it came as a surprise to learn of your regrettable experience. Thank you for your input and perspective and we hope you’ll give us another try in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld was a great and very pleasant stay for me and my family. SeaWorld was a short 5 minute walk or a free shuttle was provided, no need though. Aquatica was across the street but you need a shuttle, which is free and also provided. You were very near to all that is happening in the Orlando area. Disney was not even a 10 minute drive, Universal Studios was a 5 minute drive. Everything is nearby. The hotel/resort was very clean and the pools were great for the kids, open till 12:00 p.m. / the kids loved it. I give it a two thumbs up. Next trip to Orlando I will definitely stay there again. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: I asked for a pool view and I got it, it's always nice.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lokomoto87

Thanks for the thumbs up! We appreciate the time you took to share how convenient our location was for you and your family. We look forward to welcoming you and the kids back for another stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld!

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Tried to book a 3 night stay with this hotel but the main reservation agent messed up the reservation and booked us for 1 adult instead of 2 adults and 2 kids which messed up our breakfast vouchers. Since I am a Hilton HHonors member I called them to get the situation corrected. The customer service rep at Hilton Honors called the Double Tree directly to explain their error and to ask them to provide us with 3 extra breakfast vouchers but the manager on duty refused to accommodate us and said we would have to pay more money. This was a non refundable reservation so I spent the better part of my day getting the reservation cancelled. Finally succeeded.
Very unprofessional staff at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at Seaworld! Beware!!
We will be staying at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott!!!

2  Thank TheBrunswickPlanner

Though it is not clear what type of package you reserved, the Great Getaway package includes breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children. It has left us a bit baffled why you did not receive all the breakfast coupons as they would be included with this non-refundable package. But we regret any difficulties that may have occurred. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Found this hotel on Priceline and was very satisfied. Our room was clean and very quiet. Everything worked and the staff was attentive and the amenities were very good. Would have liked a safe in the room and a fridge with a mini bar for those times when you need a quick pick me up. The snack bar (deli) was perfect for a quick coffee and the restaurant had a different buffet every evening. All in all no complaints. Parking at 10 dollars a day for guests, could be cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

For your next visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, check out our website to get all the details about room types and amenities included. We want you to have a comfortable stay with the most appropriate accommodations to suit all your needs. Thanks for the great review and we hope you’ll visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Love the Doubletree, never have a problem anytime we go!! Thats my hotel of choice in Orlando :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarasota1989

We’re thrilled to be your hotel of choice in Orlando! Thanks for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld for the third time!

Reviewed July 4, 2011

The hotel was nice enough, most of the staff were very helpful. Our room was right beside the car park which could sometimes be quite noisy. I felt that the rooms although they had been modernised it wasnt up to a high standard, the aircon looked really old and the curtains were dirty. Our room keys kept deactivating even when we kept them well away from all our electronics. At one point my boyfriend got locked out and went to the desk to tell them, so they sent a man out to check our door just incase that was the problem.... I was at the pool, my boyfreind then went into the room and back out again to recheck the card .... with no shoes on and got locked out. He went back to the desk and they wouldnt let him back in as he had no ID and the room was under my name even though he'd just been there 10 mintues before with no ID. He was forced to walk all the way through the resort looking for me with no shoes on it was funny but he was pretty annoyed. So if you are going as a couple make sure they have both names under the room. We also had a coackroach in our bathroom once but I think it was perhaps because when the maids cleaned the rooms they left the doors open. Our bathroom looked very tired and the shower wasn't very strong. The main reason we went to this hotel was to go to Disney and Universal, the free shuttles the hotel offered where a disappointment. The disney one was a coach and went to four different hotel after us, these four were quite close together but very far from our hotel and it did seem rather silly that we where sharing, they were often very overcrowded especially at night, people were always standing and sometimes left behind. It added on an extra 30 to 45 mintues to the journey which was annoying as we were always picked up first and dropped off last. They werent very regular either. A few in the morning and some at night. For the standard of hotel they should have had their own private bus or mini van, going throughout the day. The Universal shuttle had rubbsih times it picked up once from the hotel and once from universal at 6.40pm which is really early so we had to get a taxi home or walk to international drive, this bus was also past capacity. The main reason we booked this hotel was so we didnt have to drive and could use the shuttles so that was a disappointment. One final note: there were vending machines at both ends of our block ... one cost 1 dollar the other 2 dollars for the same drinks we thought this was because it was nearer the pool. Overall it was an ok hotel but the location was brilliant, right on the I trolley route.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bonnylolliepop

We can certainly understand the level of frustration while coping with the key cards and appreciate your patience. Unfortunately, during peak seasons the buses will fill up quicker which in turn may lead to longer waits to accommodate everyone. We will look into the vending machine prices, as well as share with housekeeping your comments to ensure that each room is at its best for our guests. Thank you for all your feedback and we hope you’ll stay with us again.