“2nd Time there great stay again!”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #137 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Love the Doubletree, never have a problem anytime we go!! Thats my hotel of choice in Orlando :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarasota1989
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

We’re thrilled to be your hotel of choice in Orlando! Thanks for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld for the third time!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,408)

Reviewed July 4, 2011

The hotel was nice enough, most of the staff were very helpful. Our room was right beside the car park which could sometimes be quite noisy. I felt that the rooms although they had been modernised it wasnt up to a high standard, the aircon looked really old and the curtains were dirty. Our room keys kept deactivating even when we kept them well away from all our electronics. At one point my boyfriend got locked out and went to the desk to tell them, so they sent a man out to check our door just incase that was the problem.... I was at the pool, my boyfreind then went into the room and back out again to recheck the card .... with no shoes on and got locked out. He went back to the desk and they wouldnt let him back in as he had no ID and the room was under my name even though he'd just been there 10 mintues before with no ID. He was forced to walk all the way through the resort looking for me with no shoes on it was funny but he was pretty annoyed. So if you are going as a couple make sure they have both names under the room. We also had a coackroach in our bathroom once but I think it was perhaps because when the maids cleaned the rooms they left the doors open. Our bathroom looked very tired and the shower wasn't very strong. The main reason we went to this hotel was to go to Disney and Universal, the free shuttles the hotel offered where a disappointment. The disney one was a coach and went to four different hotel after us, these four were quite close together but very far from our hotel and it did seem rather silly that we where sharing, they were often very overcrowded especially at night, people were always standing and sometimes left behind. It added on an extra 30 to 45 mintues to the journey which was annoying as we were always picked up first and dropped off last. They werent very regular either. A few in the morning and some at night. For the standard of hotel they should have had their own private bus or mini van, going throughout the day. The Universal shuttle had rubbsih times it picked up once from the hotel and once from universal at 6.40pm which is really early so we had to get a taxi home or walk to international drive, this bus was also past capacity. The main reason we booked this hotel was so we didnt have to drive and could use the shuttles so that was a disappointment. One final note: there were vending machines at both ends of our block ... one cost 1 dollar the other 2 dollars for the same drinks we thought this was because it was nearer the pool. Overall it was an ok hotel but the location was brilliant, right on the I trolley route.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bonnylolliepop

We can certainly understand the level of frustration while coping with the key cards and appreciate your patience. Unfortunately, during peak seasons the buses will fill up quicker which in turn may lead to longer waits to accommodate everyone. We will look into the vending machine prices, as well as share with housekeeping your comments to ensure that each room is at its best for our guests. Thank you for all your feedback and we hope you’ll stay with us again.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stayed here 1 night. I reserved my room online with a special request to be near the parking lot. At check-in my family was greeted with warm cookies & my little one even got a shamu necklace. My room met my expectations & my special request. The room was, once again, clean & comfortable. This resort was very peaceful with many pools & outdoor games to choose from. This is an affordable & great place to stay while visting Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Returning guests are always a great compliment for us! Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share them here. We were happy to be able to accommodate your requests and look forward meeting any and all your needs on your next stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We really enjoyed the 13 nights we stayed at the hotel. The room was very comfortable and well kept. The personel were very friendly and helpful. My only complain was the shower, not powerful enough for a good bath.
The location was perfect, we walked twice to Sea World and it was also very close to Aquatica and Discovery Cove.
I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for the wonderful review and for sharing the benefits of our location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld!

Reviewed June 30, 2011

This was a very disappointing motel/hotel whatever you want to call it. At least at Super 8, I would expect dead bugs at the foot of my bed. My husband was gracious enough to clean them up. In the morning, the lawn maintenance personnel were cleaning the sidewalks with loud blowers at 9 am. Well, I'm sorry that I inconvienced you because I thought I was suppose to be on vacation and able to sleep in without all the loud noise from leaf blowers. I guess my money wasnt good enough to stay in the main building. Conrad should be rolling over in his grave. Well, he probably has bugs too! Don't bother to respond with your generic messages. I'm done!

2  Thank kimura21

All the feedback that our guests take the time to share with us is continuously being reviewed and evaluated proving to be invaluable to us. It gives us great insight to how successful our service and hospitality is from the best perspective of all; our guest’s. We would have liked to assist you during your stay and improve your experience, but regretfully did not have that opportunity. Thank you for your time and input.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We were impressed as soon as we pulled up to check in. The lobby is decorated in the same Balinese theme as the rooms and the staff at the desk were very welcoming and friendly. We were aware that there was a $10 a day parking charge but were a bit annoyed that we had to pay $10 for a fridge to go in our room. In our opinion a fridge is a necessity, not a luxury, due to Florida's warm weather!

The grounds are beautifully kept and there are always lots of staff around. Everyone always smiles and says 'good morning' when you pass them which we haven't experienced at other hotels.

We were staying in a garden view room in one of the two-storey blocks. When we opened the door to our room our two boys both had a large intake of breath and said 'Wow!'. The rooms are really nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable.

Unfortunately our room was right next to the hot tub, which meant groups of people under our window laughing and talking loudly until midnight. We stuck it for two nights but then were so tired we had to ask to be moved. The lady on reception was very understanding and moved us to a room which she said was very quiet and well away from everything. We had a much better night's sleep that night!

The only criticism I have is that the walls between each room are incredibly thin. This isn't a problem when the person in the next room is considerate and respectful of other people's right to sleep. However, there was a large group of American teenagers at the resort when we were staying there, who ran up and down past the rooms, shouted, screamed, and generally were very noisy. There were two or three of them in the room next to ours and they would spend the time between about 10pm and midnight laughing, having play fights, shouting and generally being very loud. Being asked to keep the noise down a bit had no effect but they were only there for two or three nights so it wasn't too bad, and they did quieten down around midnight so it could have been worse!

The pools are lovely - there is one area aimed at families with a toddlers pool and a larger pool with water jets, another pool for slightly older children with a waterfall feature and the one near our room which was aimed more at adults. There was relaxing piped music played around the pool and it was lovely to stretch out on the loungers around the pool and relax. The pools were never crowded.

The boys enjoyed the mini-golf - they're usually pestering us to pay for a round at the many courses in the area, so this saved us some money! We also popped into the playroom which was very well-equipped with lots of board games and even a Wii (which is hidden away so that parents who don't want their kids going on it aren't subjected to pestering, a nice touch I thought!). There was a lovely lady in residence at the playroom who chatted to the kids and invited them to play games with her.

Sea World is within walking distance so you don't have to pay for additional parking fees if you visit there, but it is not a 5 minute walk as some have said. It takes a good 15 - 20 minutes door to door and as it was 102 degrees on the day we went it was a punishing walk for the boys in direct sunlight.

We didn't use any of the hotel restaurants as they seemed vastly over-priced compared to eating out in the area.

The location was great - close to Universal, Wet and Wild, Sea World and I-Drive but far away enough to be peaceful and relaxing.

We ate at Uno Chicago on I-Drive a number of times and would highly recommend it - the menu is huge which is often a bad sign, but we tried many different dishes and they were all delicious. The atmosphere is great too.

In summary we had a great stay and would love to stay here again in future. I would recommend this hotel but wish they could sound-proof the walls a little bit!

4  Thank RonMcD0
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

The Balinese style that you noticed was part of a $35 million makeover at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. We’re delighted that you appreciated the overall look that was created. It is unfortunate that you encountered noise disturbances, but we appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to locate more comfortable accommodations for you and your family. For future stays, our Deluxe rooms have refrigerators included for other rooms in the resort, they are available by request and availability. Thank you for sharing how much your family enjoyed their stay and we hope you’ll return for another visit soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have stayed here previously and always enjoy the "Florida" resort feel of the hotel. Especailly the pool bar.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share how much you enjoy the feel and atmosphere of the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. We hope you’ll be visiting us again soon!