“It's close to Sea World. Period.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #118 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Suburban Illinois
“It's close to Sea World. Period.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

Having just stayed at the Doubletree in Rochester, MN, the week before arriving in Orlando, I was disappointed to find out that the quality of the two is apparently not consistent. We booked this stay through the Seaworld website as It is one of its "partner" hotels. I think that must be a pretty distant partnership. When we checked in, the clerk made no mention of any amenities associated with our package. We were not placed in the tower, but in a room in one of the out buildings. The room was very outdated. The air conditioning definitely worked well though--as in it would never turn off--not a good accompaniment for the thin blanket on the bed. The walk to Aquatic involves exiting out of the back service gate by the dumpsters and walking on a dirt path along a busy road. The walk to Seaworld is out through another back entrance and through a large parking lot for the administration center and across another busy street without a cross walk. If the hotel and Seaworld boast about being in walking distance, it should really do something to make the walk nicer and well-
marked. The grounds of the hotel weren't much better. We walked by a cottage cheese container left on the railing for about two days before it was finally picked up. When we went to the coffee shop at about 9am, the coffee was empty, which they did refill but didn't bother to refill the cream. While I felt like the package price we received was fair, I would rather spend more and stay somewhere I can relax.

Room Tip: The tower looks to be newer.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
It’s disheartening that your experience at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld was less than exceptional. We would have hoped for the chance to assist you during your stay and regret that we did not have that opportunity. We appreciate your feedback and will share your input with our staff and review the points mentioned. Thank you for your time and input.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,440)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fredericton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I was staying at the hotel for a conference for 4 days. The day before my departure, my laptop was stolen out of my room. I called for security, to no response. After 30 mins I called the police and then the "emergency number" button on the phone in my room. The police arrived 5-10 mins later, and after the report was written up security came to my room and said absolutely nothing to me and didn't ask me any questions. I was told by the police officer that they had asked him for the information. Being totally freaked out that someone had been in my room, I was not about to stay another night, so I had a friend come pick me up. Upon check out I was told everything was taken care of and didn't receive a receipt, so naturally I thought they hadn't charged me for my stay. Well, I was wrong, I was charged for the full stay including the night that I didn't stay. Having heard nothing from security for a week, I made several calls to their security always getting an answering machine, and calls that were never returned. Concerned that there were no security cameras on site, and this horrible response from security I let my professional organization know what had happened, so they would choose a better hotel next time. In turn, they contact the hotel about the matter, in which they received a response from security, blaming me for the incident, insinuating that I was lying about when I told the police I was in my room!! I am soo shocked and horrified by this experience!! I have no idea what to do about it. I suppose I came out lucky that more things weren't stolen (I think I surprised the thief, as I wasn't at the pool long) It could have been much worse and I'm glad I wasn't in the room when it happened! I would still beware of staying at this hotel. There is no security cameras in the areas of the rooms, and no key required to get in the pool area. I am a very frequent traveller and I am always very safe about things, but this experience has totally left me affected in a negative way.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank BevyPoo
While we sincerely regret any difficulties that you may have encountered. Tthis case had been investigated, denied and closed by the insurance company as well as by the local police. Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld has been in contact with you, unfortunately with not the results anticipated.
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks in October. The lobby is lovely- still trying to recreate that smell of vanilla in our own home! Got to our room and were slightly disappointed with our room- it was facing the road- I didn't feel very safe- there were ants and the dead lock was broken. We called reception and got a new room which was inside facing and perfect! Easy walk to Seaworld and Aquatica- a godsend when I left the tickets in the room one day!!! The restaurant food was ok. Hairdryer in room. Maid service very good. Free shuttle to parks was brilliant!!! Village Inn is the place for breakfast... and PIE!!! Premium outlets is good at bottom but better at the top!
Overall we had such an amazing time and would be more than happy to stay at Doubletree at such a good price!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get an inner facing room
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank torquaywl
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
We’re glad you liked the custom scent in the lobby which is actually a tropical flower. The Village Inn is a huge favorite with the locals too! In addition to great breakfasts, the Village Inn lets you reserve your favorite pie online. Thanks for pointing out how close we are to SeaWorld that you were able to easily retrieve your tickets! We’re pleased that your accommodations worked for you in the end and delighted that everyone had such an amazing time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld!
Kerry, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

Spent 2 weeks at this hotel April 2011. Was perfect for our needs - close to Seaworld and Aquatica and a short drive to all the other parks. Just off one end of Int'l Drive which was great as it was quiet and no busy traffic sounds! Only 15 mins drive from the airport. Hotel was clean, pool was spotless, staff were extremely helpful and friendly - especially staff at the front door who were great for directions and advice. The grounds were immaculate and lots of things for kids to do e.g. outdoor giant chess, playground, ping pong, pool table, crazy golf and Suzy in the kids club was a big hit - even though we only spent 1 day at the pool!! She was great!! When we arrived we asked to change rooms and this was accommodated immediately. Moved to Block 6 right outside one of the pools - great for the kids aged 9 and 12. Only ate at the hotel once - had pizza from the Deli - nice pizza. We had breakfast every morning at the Village Inn across the street. It was great value and kept up going until dinner time! Hired a car and would recommend this as its very easy to get around and you don't have to depend on buses or trams. The I-trolley has a stop right outside the hotel door and this is great if you don't rent a car. While not the plushest hotel i've stayed in I would highy recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Orlando and do all the parks! Hotel has a large tower where I believe rooms are more up to date and more expensive but our room was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SiveenAnn
Thanks for the great review. We’re so glad that the kids enjoyed all the wonderful activities available. We’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff! The Village Inn is known for their great pies, hopefully you had a chance to enjoy some during your stay. Visit us again soon at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

I would highly recommend staying here....superb pools and gardens, excellent food, friendly staff....and well positioned for seaworld and Aquatica....the best two parks in Orlando.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gedufo1
Thanks for the great review, we sincerely appreciate your recommendation! Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld is located in the heart of all the fun with SeaWorld right next door and Aquatica just across the street. We’re glad you had a great time and we hope you’ll visit us again soon!
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for 12 nights at the Doubletree and can't fault a thing! Really impressed with the hotel room and thought the facilities were brilliant. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The theme park shuttle service was great as it's free and quick to get to where the fun is!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a great compliment to be declared one of the nicest hotels in Orlando! We really appreciate all the kind words about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld! Thanks for mentioning the convenience and cost effectiveness of the theme park shuttle service. We hope to welcome you back again for another visit!
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

Hotel clean pity about the pool - during our stay myself and
and my daughter swam in the pool for approx 40 mins only to find put we had been swimming in a pool with human excrement in ! I was obviously very distressed and upset about this and repoted it to reception who didnt apologise i asked them to note our names incase we became ill they sent a security officer to file a report .The officer told me the report would be shown to the hotel manager - i still did not hear anything so wrote a letter to the manager for feedback but didnt get any !!!! Judge for yourself ...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
At Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, we have daily cleaning schedules that are followed by a short waiting period before guests can re-enter. Our records indicate that one pool was inadvertently left open during the wait period and guests had entered the pool and then asked to exit. We regret any confusion but assure you that this was simply a scheduled cleaning that each pool receives on a daily basis. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to explain the circumstances.