For my birthday my wife and I dropped the kids off at grandma and grandpa's and went to Universal for the day. This was our first overnight trip without the kids in three years so we tried to find a nice Starwood hotel (we have SPG) that was close to the park. I was a little hesitant booking this from the negative reviews but we did it anyway. When booking I asked for the biggest room they had since they said they didn't have suites. They had a kitchenette, so I took it.
When we got to the hotel I kind of freaked because part of the parking lot was blocked off for tour buses of high school kids. Check in was easy and my wife and I made our way up to the room.
Mind you this hotel is based off of 50's Hollywood so there are a lot of things that some people would find gaudy. I guess you just have to be in the right mindset going in. Our kitchenette turned out to the be the Sinatra Suite. It was a large room overlooking Universal from the 21st floor. Very nice! Once again, you have to have the right mindset going into this room with tons of Sinatra pictures, zebra skin shower curtain and the colors of forest green and magenta! Not gross just fun. We had a good laugh and admired the view for a while. The bathroom was large and had kohler fixtures and was clean. The hotel is old but not rundown, it looks as if they have been updating it as necessary.
We ran out to dinner which was a little bit of a hassle because of International drive traffic. Came back to the hotel and got to our room. We did notice some noise from the pool but since we were 21 floor up and we were exhausted from walking all day it wasn't a problem, although if I was on a lower floor it may have been an issue.
All in all this was a good hotel to stay at after a day of theme parking. I don't really know what the regular rooms are like but anything on the 21st floor would be my choice since you have to use your room key to get there and there wasn't the normal "kids running up and down the halls" problem found in a lot of Orlando hotels (and the views are great!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Central Florida on infamous International Drive, the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando hotel near Universal Orlando(R) Resort offers modern accommodations, upgraded amenities and an ideal location near the area's top attractions. Designed for comfort and convenience, this 100% smoke-free hotel features 301 contemporary guest rooms, complete with complimentary Wi-Fi, 40" flat-screen TVs, white crisp bedding, a coffee maker, soothing bath amenities and more. Guests can also enjoy premium amenities, including on-site dining at Tropical Palms Restaurant, an outdoor pool and fire pit, a 24-hour fitness center, 6,500 square feet of meeting space, business center services, a complimentary shuttle service to select theme parks, scheduled activities, a game room, and other conveniences. This Orlando hotel on International Drive is also located near major hotspots, like Universal Studios(R) Florida and Islands of Adventure(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Walt Disney World(R) Resort and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Studio City Hotel
- Four Points Orlando
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Four Points
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Studio City Orlando