“Fantastic Hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #194 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 30, 2006

This hotel is fantastic. The theme is really good. We stayed there for 11 nights. When we checked in I asked if it was possible to have a fridge, the receptionist advised that it was $11 a day however she would let us have it free.

The room was fantastic. We had a view of the I-Drive and could even see fireworks at night. We discovered the safe was not working and the maintenance guy was there is 5 minutes to fix it. All the staff were so friendly, it really made the holiday.

The hotel is in a fantastic location. There is an I-Ride stop right outside and the hotel is far up enough that you can usually get straight on the trolley. I noticed that by the time we travelled down a few stops the trolley was full and people waiting were getting frustrated because that was the case with most of the trolleys beforehand.

The free transportation to parks were handy but we found that it was a pain having to get back to the hotel at certain time so just used it for transportation to the parks and returned by taxi.

We will stay here again on future vists to Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
13  Thank Mel_fuzz
Write a ReviewReviews (2,311)

Reviewed July 17, 2006

Staff were exellent,and the hotel itself was very clean and tidy ,i had no problems at all while staying there .
The rooms were very spacious and spotless , i am going to recomend it to all my family and friends and i will be going back to stay at this hotel whenever i go to florida ,it was brilliant and i realy enjoyed it.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank Paul261053
A TripAdvisor Member
northern ireland
Reviewed July 6, 2006

i was very impressed with this hotel, it was my first time to florida and was worried about the accommodation i would get, but after a lot of searching i found the sheraton, the hotel was very clean and the rooms were great, already booking my holiday to go back to florida and i will be staying at the sheraton.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2006

I stayed at the Sheraton Studio City for 5 days, starting June 22nd. My two friends and I had a great stay. They let us check in early, around 11:30. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very helpful and courteous when we needed directions or something extra for our room. I also liked that you need a key card for the elevator to get to the rooms.
The pool area was nice. The location on I-Drive was pretty good too. There's always traffic on this street, but the rooms were quiet. Would definitely stay here again.

5  Thank racer38
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Took my brother to Universal for his college graduation. We stayed at the Sheraton for three nights over Father's Day weekend. Got a great deal on Priceline for $70/night. At check-in, the front desk put us on the 4th floor. I asked her if there were any rooms higher up and she gave a complimentary upgrade to the 17th floor. Although we didn't have the Universal views that others have mentioned, we had a cool view of International Drive and Wet N' Wild.

Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Love the Hollywood theme. The first night our bathtub wasn't draining properly. I called and it was fixed the next morning while we were at the parks.

We had the buffet breakfast. Yum. Belgium waffles and a fresh omelet. We ate more than our $11.95's worth. The other days we grabbed a quick breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts.

Although they offer a free shuttle to Universal, it only runs a handful of times. This doesn't make it easy to come back to the hotel midday. They have 3-4 shuttles in the morning between 8AM-11AM and 3-4 shuttles home between 4PM-9PM. There are some later pickups and drop-offs from CityWalk on the weekend. This was fine for us. We rode the shuttle when it was convenient and took the 15-minute walk when it was not.

I would stay here again, but only with the same reasonable Priceline room rate.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank MelNJ81
Reviewed May 30, 2006

The Sheraton Studio City is very much a landmark in the Universal/I-Drive area of Orlando. It's hard to miss the tall cylindrical building with the globe on top! I do a fair amount of casual travel and have to say this hotel impressed me all around (a much better and more impressive stay than at its counterpart- the Sheraton Safari- in Lake Buena Vista).

LOCATION/PARKING:
With easy access to I-4, International Drive (shopping, dining, activities, etc.), and 5 minutes from Universal (Wet n Wild is across the street), the Sheraton Studio City puts you right in the middle of all the action. One disadvantage to this may be the traffic, as it was moderately heavy over the entire weekend of my stay. FREE HOTEL PARKING is included with the room, a huge plus in my opinion as I've been used to paying exhorbitant amounts to keep my car overnight in larger cities.

DINING:
The Sheraton offers room service at reasonable prices (I saw chicken penne pasta for $15.95- standard for most restaurants), but the breakfast prices seemed a little high if you like to eat in. For quick and easy breakfast there is a Denny's and an IHOP right next to the hotel, and for fancier feasts the hotel restaurant offers gourmet fare from their "award-winning" chef.

ATMOSPHERE:
The ambience is quite nice. The lobby has a funky glow about it and the elevator hallway is painted with a colorful mural of people and faces. The elevators themselves had marble floors with infinitely glittering glass walls. My room was on the 14th floor, which offered a view of Universal's Islands of Adventure, the dazzling lights of CityWalk, and even the downtown Orlando skyline in the distance. The walls were painted some non-traditional colors such as a jewel-toned green in the bathroom with a zebra-striped shower curtain. Adorning the walls were various pictures of classic celebrities and vintage movie posters. This theme wasn't overdone but I thought was tastefully carried out. Just enough attitude, but not too much to be overbearing.

THE ROOMS:
My 14th floor room was large and spacious with two queen beds, lots of pillows (and even extras in the closet!), a desk with internet access hookup, TV/armoire, 3 HBO channels standard and the option to buy on-demand movies, wooden hangers, a safe, and a red velvet luggage rack/footstool. You'll also find the standard coffee maker with tea and coffee to start your day. There were no table and chairs to eat on, so breakfast in bed is somewhat of a forced option if you choose to eat in your room. The bathroom was impressively large with lots of light, counter space, and a spread of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion (I particularly liked that they give you Pantene products to use!). There were plenty of towels and washcloths, as well. The shower had the nice multi-spray head on it if you like to relax that way, and I never ran out of hot water.

SERVICE:
I put the do not disturb sign up until I checked out so didn't really get to experience the maid service; however first impressions say a lot. The room was fresh-smelling, spotless and immaculate. Also, I won my hotel from Priceline so didn't pay full price, but asked nicely when checking in if they found a room on a higher floor to be available, I'd prefer one. The person at the desk mentioned that I'd paid for a lower floor but he would see what he could do- and put me in the 14th. So that was very nice and thoughtful. Bellhop service was available but I didn't really need it for one weekend. Overall the staff was friendly and accommodating. One more point to mention- room floors are not accessible without a keycard so this enhances security. I felt very good about this feature!

OVERALL:
Great stay. I would definitely come back, especially over their sister hotel by Disney (Sheraton Safari). If you want location, convenience, and quality you'll be happy you stayed here.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank smootchick
A TripAdvisor Member
Rhode Island
Reviewed May 9, 2006

clean clean hotel A++++ for that!!!...great location ...i stayed 6 nights ..if you have been to idrive you know that there are hotels every 10 feet... i payed 139 a night ..but they dont include much ...they offer internet $$10 a day and breakfast for 2 was $$26 and the breakfast was NOT GOOD!!! ...they offer free transportation thats a plus but im sure there are better priced hotels in the same location..there are 2 hiltons right behind it and you can pick up the FREE wireless from some places in the hotel..to me it wasnt worth the extra 60 bucks for internet and like 150 for breakfast if you stay as long as i did ...but hey if your financially set ..youll love this place!!! ihop, 7-11, walgreens, wet n wild and skyventure are like 3 minute walks and citywalk is a $$4.25 cab ride .. some drinks i had were cheaper at citywalk then at the hotel bar..which randomly closed some nights at 11...great service tho!!

• Stayed: May 2006