Looking through the reviews for this hotel in the last couple of months, some very good balanced comments and I won't repeat too much. To help others, I will compare it with another hotel we stayed at.
To get best out of our time in Orlando, we stayed the first week at this hotel - Four Points by Sheraton and the second week, in WDW at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Both were about $150 per night and that is the only comparable.
What's good about this hotel includes:
* fantastic location - including Universal Orlando 5 mins away by free Shuttle & wet n wild across the road
* many handy restaurants, walgreens and also gift shops
* generous size safe
* friendly / helpful staff especially at the ticket counter
* you don't need a car - either via the Shuttle or the I-Ride you can get around, including walking
* around the hotels in the vicinity, Four Points would be the leader for access, amenities, I-Drive noise and just general presentation.
What you need to be aware of (as we were from reading others reviews before we booked):
* the rooms while spacious, are tired and the whole place could do with a blast of fresh air
Compared to Disneys Port Orleans - French Quarter outside of location differences etc:
* Four Points has the better room
* Four Points has far bigger safe (for Camera's / Laptop etc)
* Four Points has the better housekeeping service
* what Four Points lacks is character - it is "just a 3 Star" and probably survives because of it's location and it is better than any of it's competition in the local area (north end of I-Drive)
Finally an IMPORTANT warning to international visitors - if you book by calling the Starwood call centre or the hotel internet site, even though they say there is prepaid rate, they don't debit your credit card until you check in. So if you think you are booking on a favourable exchange rate, think again. This cost us an extra $200 because of the dollar weakening in the 3 months since we booked. Salt was rubbed into the wound, when we checked in, expecting a High Floor (13 - 18) as per the web site confirmation, and we were only allocated to Floor 7. This is the second thing to be aware of - they are renovating the rooms and we were told most of the high floors are closed - again the web site does not disclose, nor did Starwood when we called them, that this work is going on. Having said that, in the week we were there, we did not notice any noise or the like from building works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Central Florida on infamous International Drive, the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando hotel near Universal Orlando(R) Resort offers modern accommodations, upgraded amenities and an ideal location near the area's top attractions. Designed for comfort and convenience, this 100% smoke-free hotel features 301 contemporary guest rooms, complete with complimentary Wi-Fi, 40" flat-screen TVs, white crisp bedding, a coffee maker, soothing bath amenities and more. Guests can also enjoy premium amenities, including on-site dining at Tropical Palms Restaurant, an outdoor pool and fire pit, a 24-hour fitness center, 6,500 square feet of meeting space, business center services, a complimentary shuttle service to select theme parks, scheduled activities, a game room, and other conveniences. This Orlando hotel on International Drive is also located near major hotspots, like Universal Studios(R) Florida and Islands of Adventure(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Walt Disney World(R) Resort and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Studio City Hotel
- Four Points Orlando
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Four Points
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Studio City Orlando