“Excellent 3 star accommodation”

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #190 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Read a few negative reviews before I left. Do not expect the full Sheraton standards as the key is in the title. Four Points by Sheraton. You are not paying Sheraton prices so comparison is unfair. I echo previous reviewers - very clean room, friendly staff, excellent location. 20 minute stroll to Universal, Denny's restaurant on one side and ihop restaurant on the other. Itrolley stop at hotel entrance (access to all International Drive restaurants and shops). Again I stress this is an excellent 3 star hotel, do not expect luxury accommodation. I am a very particular, discerning, seasoned traveller and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Obviously a room on the upper floors gives you magnificent views of the area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Norman C
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Norman C, thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your host opinion and are glad you found our hotel location convenient. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope you stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I booked a reservation at this property as I have previously stayed there with my dog
My reservation booked via Starwood SPG did indicate I was traveling with my dog
Upon arrival James at the desk was friendly
I mentioned the dog was with me and he seemed unsure of the policy
He asked his female colleague Jeylyn about the policy
They inquired if the dog was ADA and I informed them no - just a traveling companion
James stated he would check
Jeylyn then proceeded to inform me that I COULD NOT STAY A THEIR HOTEL -
She then informed me that as an employee I should know this - it should be noted that I am a FORMER Starwood employee
I inquired of Jeylyn what she would suggest in this situation - to which she replied - you cannot stay here.
After reminding her that I do have a confirmed reservation - I asked where she would suggest I go and could she locate me an alternate Starwood accommodation -- I happen to know that Sheraton Suites at Orlando airport does accept pets
Jeylyn rudely reaffirmed that I could not stay there and offered NO ASSISTANCE
I requested a manager who then re-quizzed me on the entire situation and made and exception on my behalf -- The manager then mentioned that she hopes I will give them a 10 on my review

For lack of assistance and a request for a high rating - I must give them a zero for customer service

I accepted the exception - stayed one of my 3 reserved nights - and checked out the following day to another local hotel that willingly accepts pets

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tedc061
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for your troubles while checking in to our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback on the hotel staff and we will address accordingly. Again, we thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel was such a pleasant place to end our days after walking around Universal studios all day. There's shuttles in the morning and evening to get the hotel visitors to and from the park. Coffee in the lobby to go, a good Buffet and very pleasant staff that were very attentive and friendly. I particularly liked that we needed a hotel key to be able to ride the elevator up to our floor. Travelling with 2 girls made me feel more secure.
The rooms were new and modern looking, quiet, and with very comfortable beds.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone considering a stay near Universal Studios.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 40andFab
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Location location location - there was a free bus to universal, which was great, but for $6 (say $10 with a tip) you can get a cab! Either way is cheaper than paying to park at universal!

Free hotel parking, and free coffee in reception make the difference.

Rooms were a little dated, but spotlessly clean and well looked after. We had a minor issue with our lock, but the maintenance man and manager were there within minutes to fix it. Both friendly chaps and that night they'd left us a bottle of sparkling and chocolate covered strawberries to help celebrate our honeymoon. Wonderful!

Great value for money, 3 star price, 5 star service!

Room Tip: We asked for a high room and a universal view - why wouldn't you?!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our family of 3 stayed here in the middle of August for 2 weeks and it was perfect in every way. The location is great for all the parks with a good reliable free shuttle service to all the parks. We asked for a quiet room and were given a room on the 14th floor overlooking International Drive, which was lovely and quiet. We could also see SeaWorld and Epcot in the distance. Have to admit the Air con is quite loud at night but works well so it does not have to be on very long . Our room was clean with 2 huge double beds which delighted our 6 year old son. Good large tv but was hardly used due to being tired after full days in the parks. We took advantage of the `Go Green ` scheme and got a $5 meal voucher for every day we didn`t get the room serviced. Breakfast was very good and we didn`t feel we needed to go elsewhere. A special thank you to Minerva who was the restaurant manger in making us feel very welcome and an asset to the hotel. The Pool area was good with lots of towels available at all times. The front desk were helpful but we found the Concierge were a little put out when we had already bought all our park tickets in the U.K.

Room Tip: Ask the Hotel for what you require and they will try and deliver.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just come back from 2 weeks staying here and loved every minute. The hotel was lovely and clean, the staff were superb and always happy to help. The location was spot on with good food choices very close. Also very close to Wet n Wild & Universal.
Could not fault this place at all
Whilst there it was my wedding anniversary and I asked the reception if they could sort me some flowers out, which they did and also in the room was a bottle of Champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries from the hotel! Superb gesture, thank you :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank andyquinn
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. It's very close to Universal, and there are many restaurants nearby. I enjoyed the pool bar. The frozen drinks were fantastic. I also think it's excellent that Starwood Plus members can check out later. Try to check out restaurants like Hot N Juicy (seafood), First Watch (brunch), and Rocco's Tacos (beautiful view of the water).

Room Tip: Be a Starwoods Plus American Express member
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple