Myself and my girlfriend have just returned home from our trip to Orlando, we decided to split our 2 week trip between this hotel and for the first week and a hotel in disney for the second week.
On arrival we were impressed with the hotel reception staff who were more than helpful, we were allocated a room with a view facing dennys however the room we were in had a broken air conditioning unit so we asked to change and also asked if it was possible to have a room facing the parks which the reception staff were more than happy to supply us with, the subsequent room had spectacular views down internatinal drive and of wet 'n' wild and universal. We were able to see the hogwarts castle in islands of adventure from our room which was a major bonus for my harry potter loving girlfriend.
The hotel shuttle buses were excellent, and the drivers made the whole experience of visiting the parks that more enjoyable, the shuttle times were frequent however they did tend to stop around 8:00pm so if yu wanted to stay around universal citywalk to eat or to go to the bars you had to get a taxi or walk back this was very simple and very inexpensive as the taxi would usually cost between $5-10.
We ate at few different restaurants on international drive and chose to eat at chillis due to recommendations off tripadvisor which we were pleasantly surprised by and they also had buy one get one free drink offers which was an even bigger surprise, however with most restaurants we found that if one person had finished before the other they would immediately clear your plate from under you which i found a little rude ( however i can understand the get them in and out as quickly as possible type service due as most workers rely on tips).
I could not recommend this hotel more as the rooms were very comfortable and clean, the staff were more than helpful (especially the man who i did not get his name who mainly stood in the lobby and would arrange taxis and tickets to be sent to your room), and they made the first part of our trip very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Central Florida on infamous International Drive, the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando hotel near Universal Orlando(R) Resort offers modern accommodations, upgraded amenities and an ideal location near the area's top attractions. Designed for comfort and convenience, this 100% smoke-free hotel features 301 contemporary guest rooms, complete with complimentary Wi-Fi, 40" flat-screen TVs, white crisp bedding, a coffee maker, soothing bath amenities and more. Guests can also enjoy premium amenities, including on-site dining at Tropical Palms Restaurant, an outdoor pool and fire pit, a 24-hour fitness center, 6,500 square feet of meeting space, business center services, a complimentary shuttle service to select theme parks, scheduled activities, a game room, and other conveniences. This Orlando hotel on International Drive is also located near major hotspots, like Universal Studios(R) Florida and Islands of Adventure(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Walt Disney World(R) Resort and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Studio City Hotel
- Four Points Orlando
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Four Points
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Studio City Orlando