“Best hotel in orlando!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kent
“Best hotel in orlando!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned home from this hotel and ive got to say it was brilliant. We were bed only but this was a lovely stay. The maid service was great, all staff plesent and helpful and rooms were amazing. We would return back to this hotel next time we go.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ashleighj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm currently staying here until 1st october the hotel rooms are big enough for me and my partner, we have a great view from the 8th floor. The rooms are very clean. We requested a fridge on our first night and also that a lightbulb be replaced, this was no trouble at all and when re returned from dinner we had a working light and fridge, only downside is the walls are paper thin so we can hear the guests next door to us but other than that this hotel is brilliant, friendly staff and very clean! Highly Reccomended if your looking for a hotel on international drive area

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Shelle1983
Doug B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and feedback and enjoy the rest of your stay with us!

Management
Newcastle
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at the Four Points for 2 weeks at the beginning of September 2012. I had done my research and decided that the Four Points would meet my requirements.

It certainly did and then some…..

I got a room on the 16th Floor overlooking Wet n Wild and a view of International Drive, Universal and IoA. What a view. It was magnificent.

The room itself was an excellent size and included 2 double beds, a comfy chair and a big desk area with masses of drawer space. It even had a very good computer chair which was very useful as the WiFi in the room was complimentary. I certainly made good use of this throughout my 2 weeks there. The speed was very good with very little lag or delay. If you want better it does have a wired, high-speed service but that costs extra (about $9 a day I think?). I also thought the décor was in my opinion very good.

The flat screen TV was pretty big and a quality device. There were loads of cable channels although I didn’t watch many because I cannot stand all the adverts on American TV. It had 3 HDMI slots so attaching my player and PC tablet was easy. There were also loads of extra electrical sockets around for using my own devices and charging others.

There was also a coffee maker with coffee etc provided and bottled water every day. The only thing the room was lacking was a fridge. I requested one before arrival and at check-in. I was told that I would go on a list. I eventually got one after 1 week when I asked if I was at the top of the list yet! The fridge makes a big difference. It is so nice to have cool drinks available in the room.

The bathroom was a reasonable size and was in good condition. There were always plenty of clean towels and soap, shampoo etc. provided. At first I thought that there was no hot water but I soon found out that all you need to do is run the hot tap for a few minutes before you use it. There is then plenty of very hot water. The shower is over a low level bath and is adequate.

The air conditioning unit is under the massive picture window and can belt out the cold air if you set it on a low temperature and the fan up high.

The bed was extremely comfortable and each bed had FOUR of the most comfortable pillows I have ever used! There was a safe in the built in wardrobe which was also complimentary.

I never had a problem with noise from the room next door however I could hear muffled sound from their TV at times and I imagine it could become a problem if you got someone in the next room without any consideration for the other hotel guests.

The hotel itself is like a big 20 storey tower with a huge metal ball on the top of a pointed roof. It’s difficult to miss on International Drive a very identifiable building and one you can see from miles around. You can even see it from Universal’s City Walk.

I didn’t use the restaurant but I made good use of the fitness room. It had a good selection of modern equipment, plenty of fresh towels and ice cold water on tap. This is available for use 24 hours a day and is accessed by using your room key.

There is complimentary coffee on tap at reception although this has sometimes all gone by about 11am. There are 3 lifts that run up the centre of the hotel and you have to use your room key to operate them. They aren’t the fastest lifts in the world but in saying that I never ever had to wait very long for a lift to come. There are complimentary ice machines on various floors of the hotel and an ice bucket in each room.

The pool is fairly small but adequate and pool towels are available free at the entrance to the pool. The pool area never seemed too busy and it was always possible to get a lounger by the pool. The guy from the pool bar was very attentive and often came round asking if he could get you anything. I asked for some fries and he brought me the biggest plate of fries I’ve ever seen. They tasted great too! The pool is in the shade during the morning and gets the sun after lunchtime.

There was plenty of parking and it was free and very close to the hotel entrance.

The hotel was in a great position on International Drive. Next to an exit on the I4. Next to Wet n Wild and 15/20 mins walk from Universal. There was a transfer I-Ride trolley stop outside the front door (because it’s a transfer stop you get trollies from the RED and the GREEN lines stop here). Also next to the hotel was a seven eleven store, 24 hour Walgreens, KFC, Dennys, Subway, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster and Big Italy. Also every other restaurant you can think of on International Drive by walking, I-Ride Trolley or Taxi. There is also a Congo River Golf course adjoining the hotel with live alligators!

All of the staff that I came into contact with were excellent and usually prepared to do what they can to help. They always seemed to have time to chat and get your opinion on their hotel (the only exception of course was the reception).

My daughter stopped at the Hard Rock Hotel while I stopped here. She paid 3 times what I paid for a smaller room, a smaller TV, No fridge, No WiFi in room, no complimentary water, no complimentary Fitness suite, no complimentary car park etc etc. She did of course have early entry to Universal/IoA and complimentary front of line passes but hey….at a cost!

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and it will be my first choice hotel whenever I return to Orlando. I loved it. If they could only add a fridge to every room then it would be perfect.

Room Tip: Try to get the highest floor possible for a great view. The biggest rooms are on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Toon86
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Check-in was easy and smooth with the assistance of helpful front desk staff. Room was spacious and clean, just like what I expect from the usual Four Point properties. It is an extremely convenient location for exploring Universal Studios theme parks, and iHOP and Denny's are just next-door. As if playing in the theme parks wasn't enough, we found the Games Room on the ground floor entertaining as well, after a whole day of activities. This is a very reasonably-priced great base for exploring theme parks in Orlando!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked this room on the night that we arrived at another hotel we had booked for our mini-honeymoon getaway. The first hotel (not Sheraton) was DISGUSTING so I looked up hotels on Priceline and found this one with a price cut for about $69-$79/night (if memory serves me correctly). Not bad for the same night. We literally left the first hotel and headed to the Four Points by Sheraton. Upon arrival I was immediately pleased with the lobby and staff. The young man at the desk was kind enough to upgrade us to the top floor suite since it was our honeymoon (and we had shared our earlier experience with him). When we walked into the room I jumped up and down for joy. It was modern, spacious, clean and had an AWESOME view of the Orlando area. Just lovely. Needless to say, the entire stay was GREAT. Would love to return, but have yet to find a similar deal online to the one I booked that night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The best aspect of this hotel is its location. Located right off the exit makes it easy to come and go .
Free self parking and very short walk from the lot to the hotel. Large swimming pool with friendly and happy pool bar. Very attentive bartender there. Check in was easy and staff is friendly and efficient. Requested down feather pillows prior to my arrival but did not see them in the room. The room is basic, clean and comfortable. Wifi is complimentary along with bottled water - great bonus.
Felt very secure as a room key is needed to use the elevator as well as to enter the hotel after hours. My room had AC issues on the first night - wasn't cooling nor was there hot water in the shower. Complained about it the following morning and the repair man came first thing and handled both issues. Were given breakfast vouches for the inconvienience. Breakfast buffet was average with eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, pancakes,pastries, toast, cereals and yogurts. The waiters are very friendly and accomodating.
The bedroom walls are extremely thin and accompanied with loud neighbors equals a night without sleep. Following this, an alarm clock that went off for hours without guests in the room. Housekeeping should be much more attentive of this.
All in all the staff were very attentive and location unbeatable but bring your ear plugs for a good nights sleep (and your own down pillow!)

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your feedback. Feedback both positive and negative is always a welcome tool to assist us in ensuring your visits are full of honest and uncomplicated comfort.
Please do not hesitate to come back and visit us; we would love to display our commitment to change.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were very impressed with the quality and service from this hotel during our stay in July 2012. The rooms were spotless, and cleaned everyday by friendly housekeeping staff. The concierge went out of their way to provide local information and made everyone feel welcome when entering or leaving the hotel. We will definitely being using this hotel again. Only downside was there was no fridge in room however this can be rectified by speaking to staff who will accommodate this requirement

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family