“Absolutely Wonderful”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #77 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Beautiful property with great amanities. The restaurants are awesome, but what really makes this Hotel stand out is the service. The staff is incredible. I have been in the travel business for more than 20 years, attended many conventions and meetings and this is the finest experience that I have ever had.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,686)

Reviewed December 16, 2010

The staff is super friendly - from valet, front desk, servers in the restaurant to housekeeping. We felt at home. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the Holidays and the open atrium was inviting and contemporary in feel. The food was good and more than plentiful. Beds were very comfortable - one of the best night sleeps I have had away from home.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Our family (2 adults, 2 teens) stayed at the Sea World Marriott Renaissance Orlando over Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not sure why, but they were having a special for $74/night (AAA) we got a double-queen room with a balcony overlooking the atrium area. It was just super!!!!

The room was spacious - especially since we usually stay at the Disney value resorts where things are so small and cramped. The room had a lot of space and the bathroom was enormous, with two sinks. The balcony was small but we moved our chairs out there and it was a wonderful view. We listened to the waterfall all night (if you leave your door ajar).

Hotel grounds, lobby, atrium area and hallways and rooms are very clean. No issues with our housekeeping service. Even the elevators were fast. I had no complaints about this place at all except ..... they charge $15/day for self parking. I don't like that. Why don't they just shove it into the room rate so we don't know about it. I can see why Disney charges you to park - they have people manning the parking lots all day and trams are running. The Renaissance has a self-serve ticket machine and nobody around. Some people have mentioned their parking was free but I don't know how. I'm a Marriott member and it still wasn't free.

Anyway, this is a fab resort with a great location for Sea World. Disney hotels are better location for Disney parks but then again they are so small and cramped. I highly recommend this place. And yes, you can actually walk right across the street and over to Sea World.

The pool was very nice, even though we were too busy to swim. We didn't use any of the restaurants, spa or fitness center.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lasoul
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I stayed at the Renaissance Orlando for 2 nights and it's location to Sea World and Disney World was wonderful. It is right across the street from Sea World and a very short drive away from Disney World.
The hotel itself was a 5 + star hotel, the rooms are very spacious (far more spacious than many other 5 star hotels I have stayed in), modern and the double sinks in the bathroom were a heaven sent! The room also had a lovely balcony which you can see Sea World from. The facilities and amenities were fantastic as well, the lobby is beautiful and there is a great waterfall/water fountain in the centre of the lobby. The restaurants were great, there is a Starbucks, a full service restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner (beautiful breakfast buffet!) a modern sushi bar and a modern bar and grill.
The pool area was relaxing and very large and there is a great fire pit that you can relax around and have a drink. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers; families, couples and business travelers.

Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank TravelAgentCD
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed twice at this hotel during our roundtrip through florida. We started and ended in this wonderfull hotel.
First the friendly staff who were always very helpfull. Welcome with champagne is always nice! Also the roomrequests were no problem at all. The second time we even had a better room with balcony! All the rooms are very spacious and clean. Excellent beds with nice fluffy pillows. clean and spacious bathroom. The rest of the property is very nice. Nice swimming pool with 2 good size hot tubs. Very good cocktail bar.
Also location was very good. Just across seaworld and downtown disney and international drive was a 10 min drive. I ride trolley stop in front of the door of the hotel.

Defenitely a recomendation worth!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I think I have now stayed at all of the major Marriott properties in Orlando. JW, Ritz, World Center, etc. This is another very large Marriott property. It is located across the street from Seaworld, but other than that, I didn't see any real connection to the park. The room was very large and nice. But make sure you get a room that looks outside. The interior of the hotel is big and open. As a result, it appears that almost half of the rooms look inside the hotel. While my room looked out at Seaworld, I would have been very disappointed to look out my window and see the inside hotel bar.

Finally, this is yet another Marriott property in Orlando where you have to pay to park. A bit annoying considering the hotel is not inexpensive.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank xy223yz
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I had planned to stay after a conference for a few days here, and decided to switch hotels. While my stay was pleasant and I had nothing to complain about, I felt the hotel was over-rated and really geared to the business traveler.
Check in was speedy and efficient- I was even offered a glass of champagne while I checked in. This is a large hotel, and rooms can feel remote from the elevators. I felt bad for those who overlooked the interior/lobby vs seeing the lovely pool or at least the out of doors. The room furnishings are pleasant, sheets/beds comfy and staff accommodating. Well appointed bathrooms with Aveda toiletries a plus. Very pleasant.
The lobby is odd and poorly used; some parts are jammed with restaurant activity, some parts have random umbrella-shaped lamps and no seating. Bizarre. One accesses the pools from the main lobby level, which I'm not a fan of... is awkward to run into fellow conference attendees soaking wet in a suit and cover up! Spa has pretty high prices, but seems pretty well appointed- not a full blown destination-style spa, though. Decided to pass on my usual stop for a spa treat.
Overall a fine business hotel experience, but not a "luxury" experience for vacationing.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business