“A hotel I looked forward to coming home to...”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #62 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boulder, Colorado
“A hotel I looked forward to coming home to...”
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I just completed a five night stay at the Renaissance Orlando at Seaworld in conjunction with working a convention booth at the nearby Orlando Orange County Convention Center. I've traveled a lot on business, and can't remember a more enjoyable hotel stay. It made my long days on the convention floor so much easier, and I did actually find myself looking forward to getting back to the hotel at night. The room was great - large, clean, quiet, newly remodeled. It opened to a balcony over the atrium, which allowed sort of an ocean resort feeling. The restaurants were decent - not great but consistently good - and they were reasonably priced. My colleague and I ate sushi at the Mist three times, and ate at the Tradewinds and Boardwalk twice. I also loved having the Starbucks onsite, and used it every morning. The pool and workout rooms were top notch, as nice as I've seen most anywhere. There was a fee for parking, but that's true everywhere I stay. The parking at this hotel was so convenient - a very easy in and out. I will stay here again, anytime I'm heading to this part of Orlando.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Gregory B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Esko, MN
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Absolutely gorgeous hotel and a great location. Unfortunately, we only stayed one night, which, when combined with a trip to Sea World, isn't nearly enough time to discover and enjoy all that this hotel has to offer. We loved the spacious room, comfortable bed and Aveda products. The view from our balcony was awesome. My only complaint is about the extra charges, which seem to be the norm at Orlando resorts but were especially high here: $15/night for parking, plus $3/bottle of water. Still, I hope to stay here again someday.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
harlow
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Great hotel,great location and lovely rooms.
We were allocated a King bedded room with balcony overlooking Seaworld ,lots of space and a huge bathroom with twin basins. Lovely atrium lobby with two bars and a waterfall in the middle.Large swimming pool with two hot tubs and poolside bar and two huge gas fires for the often chilly Florida evenings ( in March ).Perfect location at the nice end of International drive with easy transport to Disney via Lynx # 50 or all I Drive facilities via the I ride trolleys.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarlowBully
Bucks, UK
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We're rather late with our review (our apologies) as were stayed at the Renaissance in October 2009. My husband and I had taken two friends along as a treat (so 2 x adjacent double rooms), as we had two very significant birthdays to celebrate, plus it was their first trip to Orlando, so we wanted somewhere special which would impress them and provide comfort. Well, the Renaissance certainly did that! We all loved the hotel and we had a fabulous 10 day holiday there.

Reay, a concierge, cannot be praised enough. He was so helpful when we had trouble with our hire car. He was also incredibly kind and helpful to me when he saw my mobility problems and he instantly produced a wheelchair for my use throughout our stay (an absolute godsend). Lovely man and a great asset to the hotel.

Next for thanks and compliments is Terry, the Front Desk Manager. Brilliant, friendly and always helpful. He always seemed to be around and he always had tickets for this or that, or for free drinks at various restaurants. Another lovely and helpful man. Resourceful too. Oh, and several times he gave us bottles of iced water when he saw us hot and weary.

Mike, a server at Tradewinds. Friendly, chatty and very knowledgeable about US wines. We really enjoyed chatting with him (and comparing notes about wine and roller coasters!).

As I've said, we really enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance, and it is the best location you could wish for for Seaworld. We were very impressed with the whole atrium and entrance areas, and our rooms were spacious (we had a great view over Seaworld, which we'd specifically requested), clean and extremely comfortable with plenty of wardrobe/drawer space. Splendid bathrooms too.

We had 3 or 4 evenings when we got "home" quite late and very tired after a busy day, so being able to just head for the hotel's restaurant, Tradewinds, was such a bonus. In our experience it is actually quite unusual to find such a great hotel restaurant, so this was a terrific surprise. We thoroughly enjoyed some brilliant food there - the Black Angus Burger is tremendous, likewise the Harris Ranch Ribeye Steak. The Lobster Bisque is a meal in itself! Great selection of wines too.

I'd read beforehand that the Renaissance serve an incredible breakfast, so we were looking forward to that. What I'd read was absolutely true - the buffet breakfasts at the Renaissance were superb, plentiful and delicious.

On our last day, needing to return the hire car early afternoon, we had lunch by the pool in the The Palms pool bar. What a lovely, relaxing hour that was!

Altogether a fantastic hotel, which ensured we had a fantastic holiday. We just cannot praise the Renaissance Orlando Resort enough. We will definitely stay there again, and will most certainly recommend it to friends or anyone.

You can tell we enjoyed it, can't you? :o)

Thank you, Renaissance!

(I should point out that at the time we stayed the overnight parking was still free - or at least included in our holiday price. The pay machines were just being installed).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed February 15, 2010

This was a great modern hotel next to the main entrance to SeaWorld. The hotel has large and spacious rooms.

Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I stayed here while on business in Orlando.. Room service has a great Cuban sandwich. You really don't want to leave this hotel, it has a tropical feel to it the bar and the restaurant are great, the staff are attentive. You are directly across the street from Sea World so this is a great place to stay if you have children. Plenty of parking and there is a great gift shop and a Starbucks in the lobby..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Leeds
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Sadly only for one night, but a great location for Sea World. Had a room which you could get lost in with a super comfy bed and more pillows than I knew what to do with. Good sized bathroom with great AVADA toiletries.
Had breakfast in the morning which as you would expect was on the pricey side but the buffet was well presented and was fresh.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo