“Nice Hotel in a Great Location”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #62 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kentucky
“Nice Hotel in a Great Location”
Reviewed November 30, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed 5 nights here in early November for a convention. A little background on us: We travel frequently to Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii. We like top of the line resorts with nice pools and always try to find a good "deal". We're early 30's with no kids.

We arrived at midnight- no lines at check-in of course. We were given a room facing Sea World on the 9th floor. The valet, bellman were very nice. The grounds are immaculate. We did do the self-parking. The lot is very close to the hotel so definitely no need for valet. I asked the valet about the parking charge. He said self-parking was $7/day. I know a lot of people complain about this, but if you have traveled very much you realize this happens a lot and is very often double the $7. You have to use your room key to get out of the parking lot. I figured this was how they kept track of who was using the lot. *IMPORTANT NOTE*- When we got our invoice upon check out- THERE WAS NO CHARGE FOR PARKING. I don't know why the bellman tells you self-parking is $7 day if they don't really charge you. I really don't understand this, but of course I didn't question it.

The lobby is nice with waterfall, birds, etc. The elevators were always quick. The room was nice and very large, as was the bathroom. I am picky about hotels and I must say I could find nothing to complain about regarding the room. Now, it was not as plush as maybe the Ritz is, or brand spanking new, but I still could find nothing to complain about.

The pool was very nice and the pool bar/rest. seemed very busy all the time. They played good music around the pool all day.

The guests did seem mostly there for business. I have to admit I felt a little bit out of place walking thru the lobby to get to the pool in my pool attire while people were entering seminars, etc. No one cared, but you are in the minority. I did see some tourists and families there, it wasn't all business types. I would definitely stay here with my family again. The rate we got for the convention was still a little bit steep, I thought.

This hotel is right across the street from Sea World. We walked to the entrance in about 6-7 minutes. They do have a concierge desk which also has a Mears Rep there that sells tickets to all the attractions. We got 2 days at Sea World for the price of one. If you have a room on a higher floor you can see into the park and see some of the rides, lake, etc.

The location on International Dr. was good. It is in a less busy/congested area, yet just a minute away from all the hustle and bustle. We both liked this location.

We ordered room service twice, in the wee hours of the night. The food was delivered quickly and was very, very good. We had the Sunday Brunch ($$$$$). It was OKAY, not worth the money. I think it was like $40 per person.

To summarize, the hotel is nice. We would stay here again anytime, espcially if the rates were reasonable. The hotel is just the right size- not so big that you have to park a mile away or park in a garage or walk a mile to your room. I don't know why others seem to complain about the rooms. Like I said, I am very picky about rooms and I could find nothing to complain about. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
23 Thank roxian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 26, 2005

I was attending a conference here but was staying at another Marriott property. I switched as soon as I could because of the bad experience I had where I was staying. I only wish I had booked in here from the beginning. This property is deluxe all the way. From the time you pull in to the time you leave the staff do everything possible to help you. The property itself is huge, almost a square shape with the rooms on the perimeter and the restaurnts, shops and lobby under a glass covered atrium 10 stories high in the center of the square. Very breathtaking when you first walk in. The rooms are huge by normal hotel standards and very well appointed. The bathrooms are large and stocked with nice bath products. The fitness room is excellent with all kinds of free weights, machines and cardio equipment. The outdoor pool area is also very nice. Room service is prompt and the food at this hotel is some of the best hotel food I've had and trust me I've had plenty bad hotel food to know the difference. I also noticed that every staff member made it a point of saying hello to every guest when they passed them in the hallways, from the chamber maids to the managers. That's some good customer service training they must have there. I was sorry to leave and come home to the real world of laundry and bills but I know where to go now when I am back in Orlando again. With so many hotels on Orlando it's hard to know where to go but this one stands out head and shoulders above the rest. I highly recomend it for business professionals and also for families because it was across the street from Sea World.

13 Thank mpjc121
Township of Washington, New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2005

Our stay was from 10/6/05 to 10/10/05. The location is very good. The property is across the street from Sea World and a short drive to either Universal or Disney World. I am somewhat " picky ". So I would say that some of the areas in the lobby are in need of refurbishment. Elevators also. Our room was fine. We had booked a package through Priceline so the effective daily room rate was reasonable. The Atlantis Restaurant was excellent and definitely worth a try. The pool area was very nice and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank NewJerseyJohnM
atlanta
Reviewed October 6, 2005

I had a one-night stay at this hotel and found it alittle disappointing for the price we paid. When I booked it online, I thought it would be luxurious and very upscale. What I found was an upscale & luxurious lobby, but the rooms were not upscale at all for the price. I didn'f find the rooms any nicer than a Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn. The room was very clean & very well-taken care of, but I found it very cold, even with the air-conditioner off. What also disappointed me with this hotel was that they do not provide a shuttle service to Seaworld, which is only across the street, but is still quite a hike, especially after a long day at Seaworld when everyone is exhausted. If you're not looking for luxury, but just a nice, clean hotel to stay in, this is a good choice -- but for the money they charge plus $7.00/day for parking, a stay at a Hampton Inn would be just as nice for alot less money. You're paying alot of extra money for a fancy lobby and the fact that Seaworld is across the street. It costs $7.00 to park at Seaworld, and the hike from the parking lot is closer than the hike from the hotel to the park.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank akawedge
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 21, 2005

I was so grateful for the wonderful employees at this hotel. From check-in to check-out each one was very helpful and very pleasant. The food in the resturants was excellent and very resaonable for the portions. I will surely stay at this hotel again on my next visit to Orlando. Also, for those who enjoy the fabulous Shamu... Sea World is directly across the street from the Renaissance!

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2005

We have travelled to Florida 6 times now and this hotel ranks up there with the best of them. First impressions are good as others have stated the atrium and waterfall add a nice touch to an already beautiful interior.

The rooms were spotless and spacious, we opted for an external view so that their would be more natural light in the room. The other option was a room overlooking the impressive lobby and those rooms had a balcony. The beds were indeed very comfortable compared with other hotels we have stayed in

We were only there for a week but had no problem with parking fees, you just inserted your room card into a slot to lift the barrier letting you out of the car park.

You could walk into Sea world. It was a 5 minute journey by car to International Drive. Disney was about a 20 minute drive.

There was complimentary tea or coffee and we booked it on a daily basis the night before as we got up at different times. They did miss once but they soon sent one up after a call to reception.

We only had breakfast in the hotel once and it was very nice but we got better value at either Pondorossa ($3.99) or Golden corral ($6.99 including drinks) on International drive both were eat as much as you like (don't forget to use vouchers for money off, voucher books are virtually everywhere. We opted for the buffet breakfasts which lasted us until teatime apart from the odd bag of fries.

Tea time was an all you could eat affair for us as well, generally Pondorosa again $8.99 got you a 7oz sirloin steak with potato or fries and an all you can eat buffet. If you just opt for the buffet it is $7.99.

Our second week was spent at the coast, after cramming the first week with so much you need a rest!

• Stayed September 2005
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
kent
Reviewed September 11, 2005

we stayed at this hotel for eleven nights the hotel is fantastic and we didnt have any problems apart from the complimentry coffees that kept arriving late.
The pool and spa pools were great,we used to come back from Seaworld and go and relax by the pool it was open unil 11pm,I would write my diary and my son and husband would go in the pool.

I am Disabled and our room was right by the lift which was excellent not having too far to walk.

Also we were given free valeting we would go out and they would collect our car for us and bring it to the front,it had a cold bottle of water in there and they parked it for us too when we came back to the hotel, the staff were brilliant and we would go back to this hotel.

We were just accross from seaworld which was fantastic and when we looked out from our balcony we could see Epcot and the Swan Hotel.

The room was lovely and clean and a nice size too!

• Stayed August 2005