My boyfriend and I stayed 5 nights here in early November for a convention. A little background on us: We travel frequently to Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii. We like top of the line resorts with nice pools and always try to find a good "deal". We're early 30's with no kids.
We arrived at midnight- no lines at check-in of course. We were given a room facing Sea World on the 9th floor. The valet, bellman were very nice. The grounds are immaculate. We did do the self-parking. The lot is very close to the hotel so definitely no need for valet. I asked the valet about the parking charge. He said self-parking was $7/day. I know a lot of people complain about this, but if you have traveled very much you realize this happens a lot and is very often double the $7. You have to use your room key to get out of the parking lot. I figured this was how they kept track of who was using the lot. *IMPORTANT NOTE*- When we got our invoice upon check out- THERE WAS NO CHARGE FOR PARKING. I don't know why the bellman tells you self-parking is $7 day if they don't really charge you. I really don't understand this, but of course I didn't question it.
The lobby is nice with waterfall, birds, etc. The elevators were always quick. The room was nice and very large, as was the bathroom. I am picky about hotels and I must say I could find nothing to complain about regarding the room. Now, it was not as plush as maybe the Ritz is, or brand spanking new, but I still could find nothing to complain about.
The pool was very nice and the pool bar/rest. seemed very busy all the time. They played good music around the pool all day.
The guests did seem mostly there for business. I have to admit I felt a little bit out of place walking thru the lobby to get to the pool in my pool attire while people were entering seminars, etc. No one cared, but you are in the minority. I did see some tourists and families there, it wasn't all business types. I would definitely stay here with my family again. The rate we got for the convention was still a little bit steep, I thought.
This hotel is right across the street from Sea World. We walked to the entrance in about 6-7 minutes. They do have a concierge desk which also has a Mears Rep there that sells tickets to all the attractions. We got 2 days at Sea World for the price of one. If you have a room on a higher floor you can see into the park and see some of the rides, lake, etc.
The location on International Dr. was good. It is in a less busy/congested area, yet just a minute away from all the hustle and bustle. We both liked this location.
We ordered room service twice, in the wee hours of the night. The food was delivered quickly and was very, very good. We had the Sunday Brunch ($$$$$). It was OKAY, not worth the money. I think it was like $40 per person.
To summarize, the hotel is nice. We would stay here again anytime, espcially if the rates were reasonable. The hotel is just the right size- not so big that you have to park a mile away or park in a garage or walk a mile to your room. I don't know why others seem to complain about the rooms. Like I said, I am very picky about rooms and I could find nothing to complain about. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive in and discover your perfect Orlando vacation at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld. Welcomed with complimentary champagne or sparkling cider, you’re the king of the sea when you stay at the Renaissance. Among the largest guest rooms in the area, choose a room with one king bed and sofabed or a room with two queen-sized beds. All include a 32-inch plasma TV and oversized bathrooms with double sink vanities topped with Aveda shower products. Conveniently located to three awesome theme parks, the Renaissance also offers additional coolness for every guest. Health nuts: enjoy the workout facility, accented with personal flat screens on your treadmill of choice. Caffeine-aholics: there’s a REAL, full-sized Starbucks located lobby level. Dining options include Mist Sushi & Spirits serving sushi and handcrafted cocktails; Tradewinds Restaurant serving American comfort food; Palms Pool Bar & Grill which offers free WIFI and casual dining in a relaxing setting and Boardwalk Sport Bar, the perfect place to unwind and enjoy refreshing beverages, imported and domestic beers and light snacks. Competitive siblings: duke it out in a mean game of Foosball or Ping Pong. Luxury-seekers: indulge in the lavish Neu Lotus spa. Catch a wave of family adventure as you splash the day away with the kids in the on-site water park, R Aqua Zone, complete with a thrilling 120-foot water slide, water jets, a rain tree, and more. Papa Penguins and Mommy-mermaids glide in the signature pool or bask in the sun loungers. As night falls, cozy up at one of the fire pits and let your day melt away. Provide your family with the resort that has all the right touches for an exquisitely fun experience. It’s all here. Take the plunge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Orlando Resort At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Renaissance Orlando Hotel
- Orlando Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Orlando
- Renaissance Orlando Resort Seaworld