“Awesome Resort”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #77 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We stayed at the Renaissance for a Conference. We were treated like Kings and Queens. Our room, a King Suite, was beautiful and very spacious. All of the staff were polite and very friendly and very very helpful. The meals that were served during the conference were delicious. All of our needs were met quickly and very efficiently. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,684)

Reviewed April 22, 2009

We just came back after spending 3 nights in this hotel with my husband and my 2 year old son. I got a good deal on the hotel through my work and we needed a break from the cold weather in the Northeast so we figured we'll just relax and hang out by the pool for a few days.

The hotel is perfectly located - right in between Disney and Universal, close to the airport and accroos the parking lot from SeaWorld (you can walk). Also very close to shopping and oulets although nothing is walking distance.

The lobby is very impressive, with some great bars and funky seating areas and everything looked sparkling and new. There was a problem with our reservation (luckily I had a printout with me) so they ended up putting us in a very nice balcony room with an outside view. Make sure to request an outside view because there are lots of rooms that look inside towards the atrium and it's always kind of dark there plus not a lot of privacy on the lower floors. The room was very spacious, clean and definitely renovated, flat screen TV, nice size balcony, great marble bathroom with two sinks, everything very modern. The staff was always nice and friendly.

Cons - one of the main reason for our trip was to hang out by the pool. While the pool area was rather large and very nice, the pool was freezing cold (the weather was in the low 80s so not cold). I tried to go in the pool a couple of times but it was definitely not for a 2 year old. As a resutl, the pool was almost empty most of the time. There is a large children's pool and playground, but again, the water in the children's pool was rather cold (though marginally warmer than the adult pool) so we had to alternate between the children's pool and the hot tub in order to keep my son warm. After a day of this we decided to spend the 2nd day in the Magic Kingdom (which we had not planned to do) and then on the third and 4th day we actually met some friends who were staying at one of the Disney resorts and spend the day at their pool which was wonderfully heated. So shame on Renaissance for not heating their pool - for a 4-star hotel this should be the norm. Another complaint I have is that the comforters on the beds, while wondefully soft, were so thick that we had to set the temperature at night to 65 and we would still wake up in sweat sometimes. This is FL, no need for super-heavy down comforters. The pillows were also uncomfortable as you have a choice between super soft small pillows with no support or huge super-thick pillows that are great for reading but not so good for sleeping. I know this is probably not such a big deal for some people but comfortable sleep is very important for me and unfortunately I did not get much of it on this vacation. Lastly, the parking charge of $12 per day for self-park is a little too much - you are alredy paying hundreds of dollars for the hotel, why nickel and dime the customers?

Overall, while the hotel was very nice and modern, I would probably not stay there again mostly because of the freezing pool.

Reviewed April 22, 2009

Recently stayed here for 6 nights. The hotel is of a very good standard, the public areas are very spacious and relaxed and the bedrooms are excellent. We were able to walk to Sea World and Aquatica which saved parking charges. Really good food in the sports bar and the Starbucks in the lobby was great for breakfast. For Orlando, this hotel has an upmarket, hushed quality that is so welcome.

1  Thank MMcF
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at the Renaissance April 13 - April 16. We had an extremely enjoyable stay. We loved the location, walking distance from Sea World and they provide a shuttle to Discovery Cove, free of charge. The room, as well as the bathroom, was large. We had a room with a view of Sea World and could watch the fireworks every night. They have tennis, basketball, tetherball, bocce, miniature golf, a playground, sand volleyball, a large pool and two hot tubs, truly something for everyone. This place seemed more of resort.

We ordered pizza from room service one night and it was great. Otherwise, we ordered from a take out service the other two nights.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning on going to Sea World or Discovery Cove. Perfect!

1  Thank mama_may97
Reviewed April 16, 2009

This was my first time traveling to Florida & I absolutely LOVED this hotel. We had originally booked the Westgate Lake Resort & started reading through the reviews on tripadvisor and immediately changed to Renaissance. We got a great price for a week stay that included 3 tickets to Sea World and Aquatica. We arrived early - around 2:30 p.m. (check in is at 4) so I wasn't expecting to get into our room right away. We originally booked a King room, but 2 days before our arrival I requested a double bed room. The clerk told me there were no double bed rooms available (as she greeted me with a cool glass of champagne), but if I didn't mind waiting she would upgrade us to a King with a balcony overlooking Sea World so our soon could watch the Sea World fire works every night. Of course we said yes. The lobby area and the hotel grounds are amazing & kept us busy exploring. Around 4:30 the clerk came to find me and apologized for the long wait...(there was no need for an apology) and then said because we waited so long she would give our room a $100 credit to be used anywhere in the hotel & didn't need to pay for parking!
It's beautiful, the food was great (we had room service & ate at the Tradewind restaurant) - it was a tad pricey, but we didn't pay since we had the credit. The housekeeping staff was very nice and always greeted us whenever they saw us. Other staff members were very nice as well. They always gave our son little blow up toys or balls & offered to take family pictures for us.

The pictures of this hotel are very elegant - and may make you think it's not too kid friendly - but it is EXTREMELY kid friendly & it seemed like they were all having a good time! It is close to Walmart, the hospital, post office, Sea World, International Drive, etc. We walked to Sea World a few times - directly across the street.

I am SO happy we changed to the Renaissance & I HIGHLY recommend it! We had a WONDERFUL time - and I hope that we are able to visit again in the future!

2  Thank bryansmommy
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Spent 4 nights at the Renaissance 4/10-4/14. Every employee I encountered was welcoming. I requested early check-in and a King room. Both were accomodated (even though I had booked through Priceline.com). I received a complementary glass of champagne at check-in, which I greatly enjoyed. My room was large, clean, had a lovely view of the landscaped grounds and pool area. It was quiet. The only negative was the price of the food at their restaurants. I ordered a muffin and coffee at Tradewinds on my first morning which came to $6.00. The muffin was smaller than the ones you can bake at home. If I had known how it was a mini muffin, I certainly would not have ordered it. When I asked the server about it, she just smiled and said "I know", but did nothing else. She didn't seem to have a strong comprehension of the english language. There are no restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I didn't have a rental car, so I took the I-trolley twice to go shopping and to eat out. It was convenient and economical. The pool area is nice and very clean.
Again, the most positive aspect of staying at this hotel were the employees. Everyone was pleasant, ready to offer assistance if needed, and seemed to enjoy being there!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed here last week from april 8th to the 11th. We ate most meals in the hotel, food was excellent & prices very reasonable! The pool was great , large pool with two hot tubs & every evening they had movie night down by the pool. The staff was very freindly . Sushi bar was great! we did not rent a car so When we went to Disney magic kingdom we took the LYNX bus ( concierge has the schedule) which only cost $6 for myself, husband & two girls, the buses are very clean & are air conditioned, The bus stop is right in FRONT of the hotel & takes you to Magic kingdom, ( only 2 stops along the way) the bus was always on time , we even took it to downtown disney & back.. the bus stop was right across from the downtown disney entrance. This Sure was much better than having to pay $16 per person for the Mears Transportation (mears, would have cost us almost $75 on mears) . When we went to the magic kingdom, we took the 6:40 am bus got there at 7:10 am & to our surprise magic kingdom was open already. By 9:30 am we went on all the rides we wanted the longest line was 20 minutes , it was great! you can walk to sea world , you just have to walk across the parking lot & your there...Sea world gives you a free second day when you purchase a 1 day ticket ( it can be used 7days from the day you buy your ticket at the gate). The rooms were great , very large . game room for the kids, kiddie pool that is gated right next to the bigger pool if you have small chhildren & an outdoor restaturant next to the pool great for lunch! The easter bunny came to the pool area 4 tmes on Easter which was nice for the kids. My one & ONLY complaint was when I called the front desk a few times it took a long time for them to answer the phone, I'm sure they were just really busy at the time. There is a $12 charge per day if you have a car to park & internet access is $15 for a 24 hour period ( we didn't use either) . I got sick with strep throat the second day & there is a CVS pharmacy 10 minutes from the hotel that has a "minute clinic" with a Dr. on duty so I was able to see the Dr. ( for $77) and get medicine. Very conveinient! LOVED being away from the madness yet close enough to get there whenever we wanted. This is a hidden Gem!

1  Thank travler4fun