“The staff was nice but that's about it.”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #57 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
“The staff was nice but that's about it.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel is not what I expect from the Renaissance brand. The staff was very nice but that's about it. The room was very ordinary. I was surprised that there was only one drawer for clothes. I was forced to live out of my suitcase for the week. I was there for the week attending a convention at the hotel. The maid service was poor. A large mirror in the bedroom had significant smudges on it (looked like little children's hands) and I didn't report it just to see if it would be cleaned on subsequent days. It never was. I discovered a lack of tissues and toilet paper, after the maid had finished the room, on a couple of days and had to track her down for refills. I valet parked my car ($25 per day) and was told that I could call down to have my car brought up whenever I wanted. On 5 out of 6 attempts at calling, my car was not there when I got to the front and I had to ask the valet directly to bring it up. The rooms face a large atrium that houses two bars. Both bars were showing the March basketball games and there was a lot of noise well into the night. I was on the sixth floor and could clearly hear the cheers and jeers from the bars below. The pool is too small for the size of the hotel. My wife and I had to share a chair at the pool because there were too few. Of course the prices for food and drink were the usual inflated Orlando prices and were of average quality. Unless you really want to be across from SeaWorld, there isn't anything else near by, I would suggest staying elsewhere. A very disappointing $1000 hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear davis997,

It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way and we are sorry that you feel we fell short during your stay here. We will immediately be reviewing your housekeeping issues with that department as this is not an example of Marriott's high standards of hospitality. With regard to pricing, we do feel that our rates are competitive with other full-service hotels in the area that offer the same location, services, and amenities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Second visit here. Really nice lobby. Check in at a Elite desk was a breeze. Had room overlooking lobby with balcony. Bathroom large with two sinks and plenty of counter space. Room had couch, chair, fridge, tv, big closet and a safe. King bed was comfy but pillows too squishy. Fridge made noise at night and bathroom fan ran even when light off..had to shut door. Resort fee of $15 dollars..includes daily bottle water, free internet, really nice pool and a kids water park. I had no issue with the internet. Pool bar closed at 6 . Parking us $18 a day. Great location to Sea World. And you can catch the Lynx 50 bus in front of hotel to Downtown Disney or Magic Kingdom for $2 each way. Last bus leaves Disney around midnight. Takes 35 minutes and bus drops off right by the boat to park. Great deal! There is a 7-11 a block away..easy walk to stock up on beverages and snacks.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank kes1639
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear kes1639,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review about our hotel. We're so glad that you found getting around so convenient and everything to your liking.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was here at this very pretty hotel for a conference last weekend, and it was wonderful. The room was big, the food at Tradewinds (especially their fresh grilled shrimp salad) was outstanding, and the service was top notch. In fact, I wrote a full review on my travel blog about the hotel itself: http://travelbrowsingwithdeb.com/the-renaissance-orlandos-perfect-conference-hotel/ and about the chocolate pedicure at their spa: http://travelbrowsingwithdeb.com/a-creme-brulee-chocolate-pedicure-yes-please/ Two big thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Kswritergal,

Thanks so much for your review and your blog story! We greatly appreciate it. We hope to welcome you back again one day!
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Proximity to Sea World make this a fine location if, and only if, that is your destination. This feels more 'average' than the usual Renaissance Hotel. The pool is lovely, as is the area surrounding it.

Room Tip: The building is a rectangular structure and there are elevators on the 2 longer sides of the rectang...
1 Thank MaryAnneM1007
Dear MaryAnneM1007,

We are glad that you enjoyed the pool area and our close proximity to Sea World. Thanks for sharing your feedback.
DarienJim
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were attending a conference in Orlando and our conference hotel was booked so travel put us here.

Driving up I was pretty unhappy as this looks like (and is) a big conference hotel itself situated across the street for where the taxis and buses lineup for Seaworld. I had visions of small kids running amok but that was not the case. Mostly professionals here--could be the time of the year though.

Although this is a fairly large hotel, I have to say the rooms were pretty quiet and pretty large for what you pay for. Other pluses included great valet staff and bar in the middle is a lot of fun--Justin took care of us.

On the negative side, check in is slow and not enough staff. Food in the restaurant to the right is pretty poor and average for lunch. And they missed a wake up call which is not good.

Overall not a bad decision to stay here.

1 Thank DarienJim
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear DarienJim,

We apologize about missing your wake-up call as we know how important it is to show up to your conference on time. This is not representative of Marriott's high standards of hospitality and for this we are truly sorry.
Nassau, Bahamas
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is everything!! I stayed with my husband, 15 year old and 2yr old twins. We had a wonderful stay. The staff and service was great. The hotel itself is very nice, clean and ideally located and every room overlooks the beautiful atrium (love)! with the sushi restaurant right in the middle. The lobby/atrium is also a nice place to lounge with feel of island cabanas. my kids loved playing in the lobby with the coin fountain. The starbucks and gym is a plus for the lobby, oh and I can't forget the mini water park for all ages. while staying at this hotel we were also given sea world "fast passes"because we purchased our tickets at the hotel, I also liked the fact that we were able to walk right across the street to sea world even tho there is a free shuttle. on the down side I hate the fact that the wifi was not free in the the rooms only in the lobby and only for about an hour at a time which was inconvenient and it's paid parking other than that I think it's a wonderful family hotel and I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you have toddlers I don't suggest that you stay on higher floors as the rails are pretty wide...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kara F
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Kara F,

It makes us very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be everything you needed during your recent stay here with your family. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with other members here.
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I've stayed here probably 4 or 5 times for both business and pleasure. It's a very nice hotel which is well located close to I-4 and 528. It's laid out like an Embassy Suites. There's a great pool area and its right across the street from SeaWorld but great for business travelers as well. The rooms are large and clean. The Starbucks is a big plus, although the staff always looks like their dog just died. If you are staying anywhere in the area the Starbucks is easy to get in and out of, just park on the curb when you see it and run in through their separate exterior door. Staff is very good as well. If I can get a good rate this is usually my go-to for business travel in Orlando.

Room Tip: If you want a very quiet room do not stay on the front of the hotel since it faces SeaWorld. I usua...
2 Thank Andrew H
Dear Andrew H,

We are glad that you find our hotel to be a good property for business travel. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.