“Great time!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
MN
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was a great place to stay! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We walked to Sea World - it is right across the street. The hotel is partners with Sea World so they would give you card for a discount on food at the park. They also give you a pass for the quick line on some of the rides. There was a shuttle to Universal that came 2 times, 10:20am and noon. And picked you up at either 7pm or 9pm. I wish there was an earlier option to go in the morning. The pool is great! Water park is not very big, but it wasn't a big deal. I was there with kids ages 11, 8 and 5.

2 Thank jhenders
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our resort. It is great to know that you and your three kids enjoyed the facilities along with the friendly staff. We hope you will visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (861)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here when we went to Sea World. We had another hotel in the area booked, but we cancelled at the last minute and booked here instead. I am so very glad that we did. The hotel is literally across the street from Sea World and we walked there each time we did. The hotel is clean and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. It is quite the busy place. We ate breakfast at the hotel and the food was good. The sushi bar is beautiful. It doesn't have a very large selection but everything looks very fresh. We were only there for a short visit and we didn't get to enjoy the pool area. The room was very clean and the king sized bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rmsamp
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld and share your experience. We love to know that you and your fiancée found our staff helpful and friendly and we look forward for your next visit (longer one so you can enjoy the pool as well).
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Seasoned travelers to Orlando. Wanted good value hotel, with large room for first three nights. Many trips have taught me boys (now teenagers 14 & 16) want to go to pool as soon as arrive and always never seem to have enough time at Sea World and and never use the Aquatica portion of our Orlando Attraction Passes! And as the Disney and Universal hotels are so expensive this is a great way of saving some money and spending some quality time at Sea World. Which we did and we loved it even more because of the hotels park benefits which include early entry and fast track passes for some of the rides including Manta which the boys love (get from front desk the night before as limited number available).
Hotel is Huge! Rooms also Huge! The beds were fantastic. Boys instantly loved it and we slept really well. So important after the long journey from the UK. Big pool, (another with fun slides pool but boys too big for it), pool bar serves reasonable value food and spent hot evenings here. Our room rate did not include the buffet breakfast (will be talking to agent who booked) which was a big shock at $20 + tax each, but it did have a huge choice including made to order omelets, so if you like a big cooked breakfast its worth it! There is a Starbucks in the hotel but be warned its busy first thing in the morning. Or you can go to the cafe in Sea World which is just a short walk across the street. Because it was so hot at lunch time we left the park and went to the Florida Mall which has an enormous food court and Five Guys hamburgers which are "absolutely the best" according to no 1 son who doesn't eat much else! We had a car (budget for car parking fee a day) but there is a free trolley service to Disney and Universal.

3 Thank PandorasTrips
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It looks like you and your boys had a great experience this summer. We are very happy to know you choose us and rate us as a good value family hotel. We hope to see you next time you are in Orlando.
Paducah, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently attended a convention at this hotel for people for disabilities and it was chosen because they are very disability friendly if you require accessible facilities. The pool and hot tub both have lifts so everyone can enjoy the beautiful Florida weather by swimming or relaxing in the hot tub. The accessible rooms have nice roll in showers and are clean and comfortable, with mini fridge in every room.
The food at the hotel was average and for me, $20 for a cheeseburger and fries is just too much to spend for just average food. Because we did not have a rental car for the few days we were there, we made the best of it and ordered pizza in from menus supplied to us from the concierge.
Because we had a very large group conference at the hotel, we received a reduced room rate. Otherwise, it would not be within my budget to stay at this hotel. I have stayed here once before with a friend and our daughters and we shared a room, which made it much more reasonably priced. Because it is beside Sea World, it is a wonderful location and you can walk to Sea World. There is also a trolley that runs in front of the hotel and will take you to a local outlet mall for shopping. Discovery Cove is also nearby and is a wonderful experience, not to be missed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ends of the hotel have double glass doors which look down onto the beautiful lobby and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the resort and that you find the facilities to be comfortable and conveniently located. We definitely thank you for taking the time to review our resort and for the feedback provided. Hope to see you again!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fantastic pool and water pool for kids and they put movies at night for kids in the ballroom.
The rooms clean, nothing to complain about.
I was very happy to stay there. The people were very nice and the food was really good.
They have three restaurants so you have where to choose.
The food is a minimum of 15 dollars per person and you can choose kids eat for free when you purchase that option when booking the room.

Room Tip: Great for kids from 1yr old thru 10 yrs old. (small water park for kids)
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are going to SeaWorld and have children with you, you will love this hotel. However, I was there was just my husband. The location cannot be beat, you can literally walk to the entrance of Seaworld or take a bus (we always walked). Our check in was excellent, I was helped by a new employee and when she needed some help her supervisor quickly was happy to help her and answered all the questions I had.

The hotel has quick passes for some of the rides, which was a big help in the park. Make sure you get yours when you first arrive, they were out of them for the same day we checked in, but we were able to get them for the next day. We stayed in a corner room that had tons of room and a large sofa and a great view of SeaWorld. We were there July 4th, so the hotel was extremely busy.

Our second day of our stay when we came back to the room for a nap around 2:30pm the room still had not been attended to. I called to housekeeping to make sure they at least came by to bring us a couple towels and a new set of shampoo and conditioner. They were apologetic and did fix up the room while we were at dinner. It was all fine with us. It wasn't a big deal to me, I would not call this a negative. I loved the crisp white sheets and the bed was very comfortable, I slept great.

We ate one night at the restaurant in the lobby. The kitchen was incredibly slow. The table next to us left after waiting a very very long time for their food. They actually were by the host when the food finally came out. I guess they refused to come back to their table? Our food after a ridiculously long weight was delicious! I had chicken breast with green beans and potato. My husband had a salad. We also ate at the pool one time and the food was terrible. I had a salad and chicken fingers, but the service was excellent.

Which brings me to the pool. Since it was July 4th weekend and this hotel has two pool areas, one is the regular pool and the other is the kids pool with fountains to run through and slides to go down, the hotel is overrun with children. I like to swim laps, which was out because of the crowds, I couldn't have swam much anyway, being exhausted from walking through SeaWorld, but I did have my goggles with me and under the water was pretty murky with some stuff floating around. I doubt this is the case typically, but the overload of people would be impossible for the filters to keep up with. Also, they ran out of pool towels and I waited an hour for one. The hotel has a few lawn areas near the pool, I think they should consider putting in an adult pool in one of those spaces. I hope management sees this review and takes it as serious suggestion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JennTraveler
We appreciate your very detailed review. We are happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed the location, the room and the food in Tradewinds. Your concerns in regards of the quality of the food at the pool restaurant have been addressed with the Executive Chef. And our senior leadership team will definitely take into consideration your suggestion about the pool area. Once again we thank you for your feedback and we hope you visit us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had already made reservations to the Nickelodeon Resort but after reading so many bad reviews I became very skeptical and chose to cancel. My mom recommended me to this hotel and I must say AMAZING from how GREAT and Beautiful the hotel is to the GREAT staff! When I arrived I was greeted by Stacey let me just say GREAT customer service. I had explained that I came out to Orlando from New York to celebrate my Twin boys their 6th bday and she surprised them with some goodies and a complimentary certificate to watch a movie, they were so happy. Last but not least I wanted to extend my stay for another 2 days at the resort and I was helped by Jonah which was very professional and friendly... I want to say thank you for making our trip a GREAT one.. Definitely will be back and will recommend everyone I know.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort. We appreciate you had given us the opportunity and chosen us to celebrate your twin boys B-DAY! I am glad that we did not disappoint you and hope to see you and your family back.