“Awesome Resort!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
DeLand, Florida
“Awesome Resort!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband works a lot of hours, so my family only had 3 days to "get-away-from-it-all" during spring break. We have Seaworld passes and decided to stay at the Renaissance. All i can say is WOW! This resort is amazing! As soon as we walked into the beautiful lobby, we felt like we could have been in a far away tropical resort( being just an hour away from home). From the teak wood floors, waterfall w/ rocks, cabanas everywhere, soft lighting, to the spaciousness of the lobby, we found ourselves relaxing right away. All of the staff were kind and helpful. My kids loved the glass elevators and balcony in our room, overlooking the lobby. It was really pretty at night with the palm trees/lighting. Our room was bigger than we thought it would be. The beds were plush. The outside pool area was fantastic!!! The tropical, relaxing feel is everywhere. My daughter wants to go back for her birthday! We came home feeling like we had been gone for weeks. It was worth every penny!

Room Tip: We had the two queen beds room. It was very quiet at night. The resort has done a great jump with so...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are excited to know that we were able to WOW you and your family. Also, very happy to know that the three days feels like weeks and we can’t wait for you to come back to celebrate your daughter’s birthday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Ashford, Kent
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013 for four nights. Secured this hotel via an excellent deal through Priceline. I emailed hotel in advance as we were celebrating our anniversary. I would like to say a big thank you to Oscar for the lovely upgrade to a balcony king room overlooking Seaworld. The room was very large and the bed was very comfortable. There is a Starbucks in the lobby for breakfast every morning. There is also a new Creamery for lovely ice-creams which was always very busy. Don't forget to make the most of the Seaworld fast passes and the behind the scenes tour.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Seaworld have better views.
1 Thank Matty17r
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We definitely appreciate you chose us to celebrate such a special occasion as an anniversary. Oscar is very glad to know that you enjoy the upgrade and we hope you come back soon!
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the past. Every time the service gets better and better. The moment we drove up the Valet was there to assist us. The staff here goes way out of there way to take care of the guest. The room was great, with a great view. Not to mention very clean and comfortable. The Sushi bar was the icing on the cake. The bartender and staff here were outstanding. We spent more time here than planned because of the great conversation and how genuine the staff was. Thanks for a great stay.

1 Thank soupsrus
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I loved it since I walked in I was treated like royality the lady that checked me in her name was Gloria she was great gave me all the details and information I needed and also gave us champagne then I spend the day at the pool it was another great expierence the guy at the foodbar there was super friendly his name was Luis very nice and helpful then my son went for a spa he had a great expierence too we ate at all there restaurants the service was fast and friendly house keeping great I loved that lady I just didn't get her name but she was the best made me feel right at home at Starbucks that was great too long lines but great services real nice friendly girl that works there always happy I didn't get her name but I wish I did because she is the best at checkout everything went fast and good I needed to make another reservation for the month of December because I'm a Seaworld annual pass member and I spend New Years there and the girl connected me with the hotel reservation department which was great I even got a free night since im a marriot rewards member the girl from checkout was great too her name was Inna very helpful I loved it. The beds are very comfy best night sleep ever I can't wait til I come back this will defenetly be my hotel for my Orlando trips from now on

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank barbie035
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We are so happy to know that you just have the “best spring break ever”. Gloria, Luis and Inna are thrilled to know they have been able to provide with a memorable experience and the entire team is looking forward to your return.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel was actually one of the better hotels I have ever stayed at. The check in process went very smooth ad was greeted with a glass of champagne after check in. They were very accommodating when i asked to change my room from an outer room to an Atrium balcony room with no hesitation.
The only thing I did not like about the hotel was the beds. They were very uncomfortable and probably need new mattresses. Was hard to sleep both nights we stayed so by check out, I was exhausted!!
The pool area was very nice and there was plenty to do.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms are good to get the lobby wi-fi
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lpoirier73
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are happy to know that you consider us one of the best hotels you have ever stayed at! We regret however that you did not enjoy the beds and you end your stay exhausted. If you have the chance, please contact the Guest Relations Department at 407-351-5555, we would like to discuss it further and be able to rectify the situation. Thank you again.
Mounds View, Minnesota
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This property is beautiful. Right across the street from Sea World and the shuttle picks you right in front of the hotel. Great pool area, rooms are big. This hotel would be great for large families.
We ate two different restaurants on property, both had great food with good selctions.
The workers were always smiling and the service was great.

1 Thank ponyman99
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Location great although rooms overlook the inner atrium from where you are woken up with piped music. Large bedroom and bathroom and huge foyer. Breakfast was great but the choice of food in the evening was extremely limited especially for kids who don't eat burgers and chicken nuggets. We weren't the only family to be disappointed but we found a great Italian a few mins drive away. Staff very friendly and helpful and this was a great location to get to the parks and legoland.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Caroline W
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are very happy to know you like the spacious rooms, the convenient location and that you found the staff very friendly! We regret that you did not get the variety you expected in the kids menu. All your concerns have been passed along to the Executive Chef. Thanks again.