“Great Nights Sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wellington, Florida
“Great Nights Sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice hotel, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, pretty quiet, rooms have nice acoustics keeping noise to a minimum. The staff is very friendly, the hotel has a nice moderately priced restaurant, two bars serving quick bites and sushi, there is also a Starbucks cafe on the premises. The hotel is right across Sea-world, close to Universal, great restaurants and attractions. A nice stay especially if you are traveling with children and visiting the sites.

1 Thank Cco4242

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms are large and comfortable. The hotel is big as well, and right next to attractions. The service at hotel was good. The pool area was wonderful. It was just my husband and I, but would love to go back with my children. The spa at Renaissance Orlando was awesome! I had a facial, then enjoyed the steam room. Best experience at spa. The room service was yummy. Only issues I did see was gates at exiting parking was broken. They were super busy when we went, so times for food service was sometimes long. Good hotel.

1 Thank Cari O
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for posting the review. We apologize for the inconvenient you experience with the parking gate, we have already fixed it. We are glad you had the chance to enjoy the beautiful spa and we would love to have you back with your children to enjoy a family time.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is my second time at this property, last time in 2011. The rooms are still quite nice, as well as the staff and service being excellent! I stayed at this property because of its reputation and its proximity to the Orange County Convention Center, for a trade show.

All things being pretty much the same since the last time I was there, I will simply say the two slightly disappointing things this time around:

1) Packages. All packages go to the FedEx Center in the hotel and they OVERcharge to "receive" your packages. Being that I was there for a trade show, I received 4 boxes, and paid well over $70 for them to receive them, a little crazy.

2) Location of shower heads. I'm a tall guy. I look over the shower heads. They should be relocated :)

These are just two minute things that I could find in an otherwise FANTASTIC property. You can't go wrong staying here, but check rates often, as I got great rates by using Marriott's Look No Further Rates!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing your experience at the resort. We are very happy you consider us as a FANTASTIC property and that you enjoyed the excellent service provided by the staff. We also appreciate the feedback and we will definitely take these two points into consideration. We hope you visit us again!
Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned home from a lovely stay at the hotel. From the welcome of the valet at the front door until we left after a full day at Sea World, the stay was flawless. Check in was friendly, fast and engaging. Navigator Stephen Rosa made us feel like cherished friends, keeping up a friendly and informative banter throughout the process. He made some terrific recommendations and even escorted us to the concierge desk and introduced us to David who hooked us up with all kinds of goodies and perks. The "standard" room was plenty spacious and scrupulously clean and well appointed. A call down for additional shampoo and towels (we we three women in one room) was promptly and generously responded to. The hotel has a great pool area with a large heated pool and two large pool-sized hot tubs. There is even a separate kids area to keep the little darlings corralled in one place. The breakfast buffet was one of the better ones in a resort hotel and the photo op with Shamu was great fun. The hotel has a spacious lobby with plenty of places to relax as well as a terrific looking spa looks. Located just off I Drive across from Sea World, we'll be back!

Room Tip: The are balcony rooms that open into the atrium.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give such a wonderful review. We love to delight our guests and we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We invite you and the other two ladies to come back soon and enjoy all the amenities and facilities at the resort. Mr. Stevens Rosa will be trilled to hear what you said about him. Thanks again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My family and I stayed here while visiting SeaWorld. This was our second stay at this hotel and I feel like it was even better than before. We had a roomy suite that was very clean and quite comfortable for our family of four. The staff was friendly and always helpful and the restaurant was unexpectedly great. We ordered room service a few times, which arrived promptly and was also quite tasty, though a bit limited in menu items.

The highlight of the stay, aside from Seaworld, was the fantastic mini waterpark. The kids absolutely loved it! This great feature alone would certainly bring us back to this hotel. Of course, older kids or those who frequent the big waterparks would find it small and boring, but as a first introduction to this sort of water fun, it is perfect. There is also a nicely shaded lounging area from which parents can on keep an eye on their kids while sipping on something cool to drink.

The spa was a nice surprise, as well. I loved the steam room! The staff was very nice and made me feel welcome and comfortable.

For the price, this hotel seems to be a great deal, especially considering we payed three times as much to stay at a Disney luxury resort later during the stay. The Disney resort was not nearly as clean and the rooms were tiny and much less comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate your kind words and we are delighted to know that your experience was enjoyable. We look forward to your return for more fun at the RAqua zone and more relaxation at the spa.
New Jersery
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We decided to stay at this property honestly because we booked it thru Priceline name your price deal and we had no choice. The hotel is right across the street from Seaworld which is nice if that is part of your plans. It took about 6-7 minutes to get to Universal Parks if that was were you were going to go. That was our general plan was to visit Universal. We liked that when you stayed at the hotel it said that there was going to be daily shuttle to the theme Parks. That was not true. The only daily shuttle they had was to Seaworld. Universal they had a shuttle that left at 1030 and returned to bring you back to the hotel at 730. So unless you want to be trapped at the parks all day of those specific times were ok for you than you had to drive yourself or take a taxi cab. Be prepared to pay 20 to park a day at Universal and 15 a day to park at this hotel. We were pretty annoyed at that and my husband talked to the manager albeit 2xs to get these charges taken off of our room. Eventually they did take them off. Which was much appreciated. As for the hotel itself the water park features were closed down due to remodeling, which was disappointing. The pool area was very nice and it was practically empty. The hotel was clean and inside had an impressive lobby with a nice water feature. Overall our beds were comfortable our rooms were clean so that was nice. I did not like the pool area being closed and the parking charges that they wanted to charge us. This hotel is centrally located with many restaurants and stores right down the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comment. We apologize for the closure of the RAqua Zone and the inconvenience they may cause to your family. We are glad that you enjoy your stay and the location of the resort. We hope you come visit us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Now, I try to write reviews often for both good and bad experiences. My experiences were very similar to those of the previous reviewer. The people were not "rude" but they were not very willing to help with any issues what so ever and actually seemed like they were going out of their way to make our weekend irritating. I'm going to take this complaint by complaint:

1. When we arrived we were greeted at the lobby desk by someone who said "welcome to Orlando" we gave her the confirmation number and her next words were "would you like to upgrade to one of our suites for #130 more per night?" Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer you take me to dinner first before you try to screw me. Me personally, I would have preferred a little small talk before you tried to get into my wallet; how was your trip? Where are you from? Celebrating anything special?. You know, what nice people do.

2. When we declined their offer to take more of our money they put us in a room directly in front of the elevator. Doesn't sound like a weekend ruining thing? Well, keep in mind these elevators beep (Very very loudly) every time it stops on the floor. From about 7am-12am the beeps are constant.

3. My fiance and I stay at hotels often. We usually choose Hilton (We are Hilton Diamond members) and we are used to having welcome notes written when we walk into a hotel room. When we walked in we found theirs: "Thank you for choosing Renaissance Orlando Seaworld Resort for your stay. Please note checkout time is 11AM. Guests who check out after 11AM will be charged a late check out fee of $75 and guests who check out after 12 noon will be charged a full day's rate". We both immediately felt this was very standoffish and was not such a nice thing for guests to see IMMEDIATELY upon walking into the room. (The checkout issues are a whole difference story.....see below)

4. The next morning we went downstairs for breakfast. I have not a word to say about the food overall. The breakfast was amazing pretty much everything you could want and more--including a man ready and willing to make you either eggs, waffles or pancakes. The waitress was nice. Why did the breakfast make it on this list? The waitress, while nice and friendly, picked up the check and looked to see what kind of tip we gave her before even walking away from our table. A bit awkward.

5. On Sunday at 2pm I called and requested a late check out for that Monday. The woman on the phone (Brenda) said "NO". Not "i'm sorry unfortunately that isn't an option." or something at least a bit nicer. When I asked if it made a difference we were Marriott rewards members she informed me that they will give 1 extra hour to platinum members but we have to pay if we want to check out at 11:01 per the note in the room (the "welcome" note i discussed earlier). She had a terrible attitude and was almost downright rude.

6. The next morning at 8:17AM housekeeping knocks on the door. We yelled for them to come back later but they just kept knocking. (for all those people who are thinking well, did you have the privacy tag up--the answer is no, because they didn't give us one in the room). My fiance got out of bed, went to the door and asked them to come back. The housekeeper then proceeded to ask him when we were leaving so she knew when to come back! Are you kidding me--we will leave when we want to!!!. Anyway, it completely woke us up so we got up early. As we were packing and showering to leave housekeeping came and knocked on the door AGAIN at like 10am. When we answered the door the housekeeper (who refused to make eye contact with us) said "oh, i'm sorry I thought you would be gone"!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. We went from asking for a late check out to you waking us up at the crack of dawn.!!!! AWFUL.

Overall, the hotel had a very beautiful lobby and outdoor pool area. The food was great (although incredibly expensive). It was very convenient to seaworld, literally right across the street, outlets, and other attractions. I had a very services done at the spa and it was a very enjoyable experience--although, again very very expensive. The room was clean. The room also had outdated furniture but not awful stuff. The valet guys were very nice and quick.

My overall review of this hotel:

I think it caters more to large groups than individuals or families. At $150 a night (their usual rate) I wouldn't recommend it but if there are deals on kayak or something--this hotel could be worth it for about $80/night for someone who isn't bothered by service. We are Hilton diamond members and after this experience I would never return and it was bad enough to possibly make me reconsider choosing Marriott again in the future in any city. Hilton, by far, has better service and overall knows how to treat their clients.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arynn F
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for posting this review regarding your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and although it is never good to hear of the ways in which we disappoint our guests, your feedback is appreciated. We apologize for the unfortunate experiences surrounding your check-in and departure experience. As a result of your review and the other review you referred to, we have conducted additional training with our staff on how to handle guest service requests during high occupancy periods. We want to restore your faith in our hotel and service team. Please contact myself, or another member of our management team directly at your earliest convenience. You can reach me at 407-351-5555.