“Wonderful property, superb staff a truly first class experience”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #67 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked three rooms at this property. All the staff was wonderful and truly helpful.

They upgraded two rooms to pool view and one room had a dead centre view of Seaworld where the nightly firework displays could be seen every night.

When I visited Seaworld on one of the early entry days set aside by the hotel, it was very interesting, seeing all the Seaworld employees and walking by the rides with 0 wait times (Manta, and Turtletrek)

I had a room that included a resort credit which I used for Tradewinds and parking. The hotel restaurant was superb, it was the holiday buffet where they had prime rib, turkey, chicken, salads, stuffing, deserts and all the fixings.

The waiter was very attentive, all the front desk folks would go out of their way to help, there was always staff around the front lobby willing to help with directions.

A few times I needed to park for short periods, the valet at the front allowed 5-10min parking for free and was always so kind to assist.

If I am in the area again this hotel would be my top choice.

Room Tip: Seaworld for fireworks or a pool view.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great hotel with a wonderful lobby. Its located right next to SeaWorld, with a full exercise room, a nice laundry area, great pool area (wonderful water play thing) and a Starbucks. Our room had a view of the SeaWorld fireworks, a king size bed, and nice seating area. We asked for two connecting rooms, but since the Georgia Bulldogs were staying there for the Capital One Bowl game, they could only get us handicapped rooms. Turns out the rooms were great - large area, great view, and a very nice bathroom. Service at the hotel was wonderful, a bellman to help with the bags, nice greeting at the entryway, and easy check-in. This was a priceline win from a few months ago.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the SeaWorld fireworks. All the rooms surround a nice atrium and there are severa...
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is the 4th time staying here and was as good as other times. The hotel was nearly full but it really doesn't feel it. We had breakfast included the package, if we hadn't it would have cost us $74 a day which I think even for hotel rates is too expensive. I would have liked complimentary Wifi included too !!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was not sure what to expect from this property. The last time I stayed here was 2008 and the hotel has since been refurbished. My experience was excellent in every way. From the moment that we arrived until the moment we left. The agent at the front desk (Fernanda) a cheerful, elegant & very nice woman from Argentina treated us like royalty. I am en elite member of the Marriott Rewards program & she was very quick to recognize that. I was in Orlando with a friend for my birthday weekend & once she was made aware. She immediately proceeded to offer us some sparkling wine & make us feel extra special.

The Good: The front desk staff, the parking, the room all of it. Our room was an executive suite which was huge, comfortable & most importantly very clean. The hotel itself is older so the rooms are very large. The entire property has been refurbished & is very contemporary. Our room was great & very functional. With a wet bar, a sectional sofa, a desk & plenty of space. The amenities are great at this property. We did not visit the spa, but a full service spa is available on site. The grounds are well kept & the entrance is very elegant. We found a plastic floating whale in our bathroom as a free take home gift. I found that to be a a very nice touch.

The Bad: Not much really. My only "bad" if you will are the bathrooms. So much money was spent to make the rooms look new, modern & fresh. But the bathrooms - while lightly refreshed. Are not up to standard for Renaissance. The restroom in our suite was not luxurious, looked very dated, was small & not in keeping with what you would expect at an otherwise upscale property. They towels were of poor quality & they only had 2 large towels. The hand towels were also very limited in quantity. You would think that since they bathrooms here are terrible. They would at least try to make up for it by providing lots of nicely folded/rolled white fluffy towels & other amenities. But they don't - other then the standard Aveda soap, shampoo, conditioner & lotion. They had nothing else. I expected more.

The ugly: The parking charge which is completely unacceptable for the area. I live in Miami & frequent Orlando monthly to visit family that lives there. I have stayed at most of the neighboring properties. While some of them (most don't) do charge for parking. None of them charge as much as they do here.

The Verdict: If you don't have a car & can get over the exuberant parking fees. Then stay here to enjoy five star service, a great location, a fabulous room (except the bathroom) & a fair overall value proposition. If it were not for the parking & the bathroom - they would get a full 5 stars from me.

Room Tip: Try not to park there. Its expensive !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice and detailed review. Fernanda is one of our greatest assets, and I cannot wait to share this comment with her. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a wonderful 10 day stay at the Renaissance Orlando Seaworld. This was our second stay and it won't be our last. This stay was even better than last year! Check-in was both friendly AND fast. Our room was large with lots of room to breath. The bathroom is large with two sinks and plenty of room to move around. We had a balcony that opened to the lobby. The lobby is huge and wide open with a small waterfall and a huge fish tank. Our room was spotlessly clean. The lobby and public areas were always inviting and very clean. The pool area was also tidy. For entertainment they have a large pool as well as a seperate waterpark area. They also have ping pong and foosball available. There are two fire pits that you can relax by in the evenings. They offer quick queue for Seaworld. We walked to Seaworld almost every day during our stay.
We did have a lightbulb burn out during our stay. After we called it was fixed within minutes and the maintenance person was very friendly. All of the staff was friendly. My husband picked me up at the door one day and the valet attendant came over and opened my door for me - just to be nice.

2  Thank Kris B

What a nice review! Thank you so much for being so kind, and also for reviewing in detail each of the aspects of the hotel. We were fortunate to have you for a second time, and we can’t wait to have you back to have a fabulous time once again.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here for my daughter's 10th birthday trip to Seaworld and Discovery Cove. Top Notch. Susan at the front desk made her birthday by giving her the royal treatment. The staff here is amazing and the location is wonderful. This will be our hotel when we return to Orlando.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I checked in last Friday night and stayed through Sunday morning. The hotel is right across the street from SeaWorld. I mean right across the street. This made it very easy to walk to and from the park to avoid the heavy traffic that we could see bottle-necked in the parking lot. I had called the hotel early on the day I was checking in to ask about getting a room with a good view, and they put us on the side facing SeaWorld where we could see the roller coasters, etc. I didn't have a lot of time to actually explore the hotel or spend time thinking about the room (which was nice), as we spent just about every one of our waking minutes enjoying the touristy parts of Orlando. (We went to Universal Studios on our second day there.) One of the best perks of the hotel was getting free quick que pass allowing us to bypass all the lines for the major attractions, such as the roller coasters.

Additionally, I experienced one of the finest examples of Marriott staff going far out of their way to make sure their guests are as happy as can be. On Sunday night after the parks had closed, my wife and I asked the hotel to call a taxi for us to take us to another nearby Marriott property because I had a conference beginning the next morning that was taking place there. It was a beautiful night in Orlando and my wife and I were more than content waiting outside for the cab to arrive; however, because it was taking more than 10 minutes to arrive, the hotel arranged to have one of the valets drive us in one of the hotel's vehicles to our next destination. Now that is what I call a hotel really caring about the happiness of its guests. If I'm ever back in Orlando, this hotel is on my short list.

The only negative thing that I experienced regarding this hotel was the lack of information on the website about the complimentary shuttle to and from Universal Studios. It advertised a free shuttle service, but did not indicate that there was only one shuttle leaving for the park (a few hours after the park opened) and one coming back (a few hours before the park closed). I don't think it would have changed anything about how my wife and I planned our trip, but it would have been nice to have stumbled across information about the infrequency of the shuttle service to that park.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple