“Reviewed by my 6 3/4 year old...luxurious!”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #58 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Reviewed by my 6 3/4 year old...luxurious!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is very luxurious! The atmosphere is very good. The center of the hotel looks very comfortable with cushioned chairs and couches located all around. I love the glass elevators they are sooo fast and it is cool to look out and see the whole hotel.

The arcade is small but awesome! There are ping pong tables outside near the pool area which many of the kids had fun playing. There are three pool areas; for kids the best is the waterside.

The rooms are big and the beds are comfortable. My favorite surprise was the Shamu bath toy in the bathroom! Rooms were clean too.

The food was really really tasty...especially breakfast!

The staff are very friendly. Here are the ones who stood out: Rafel, Anthony, Mark, Ana and Ray. I will definitely be back....soon! Than you!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stay in Marriott, Hilton & Hyatts and I've got over 100 nights this year alone. This hotel, with their attention to detail ranked among the best. The staff is friendly and informed, as you would expect at a Marriott property. The rooms are spacious and the food was excellent. I highly recommend it.

2 Thank Curt G
Maryland
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for a business conference and overall, I was extremely pleased with the service and accommodations. Upon arrival, I chose to use the valet parking option. The price isn't posted, but you should be aware that it is $21 a day. I didn't ask how much it was, but if I visit again, I will self park as I find their rate to be excessive.

Once inside, I was greeted with a very pleasant young lady by the name of Inna. She was friendly, offered m a glass of champagne (winning!), and took her time as she explained the layout of the hotel, various restaurants and spa specials. Perfect check in experience!

When I got to my room, 4062, it was clean and spacious. The furniture is a bit Brady Bunchy (bright colors and old) but this was not a big deal. The room was extremely comfy and I enjoyed my three nights. My balcony remained unused since I was facing the rooftops and parking lot. I had to laugh about this actually. Being in beautiful Florida and gazing out at concrete;). Oh, by the way, these rooms stay rather cold.

Room service was pricey, but tasty. If you like salads, the organic green salad is deeeelish! Also tried the wings and quesadilla which were both good. One operator even called me back to ask me how my meal was. Oh was I loving them! So on my last morning there, I had the Irish smoked salmon for breakfast and this is where they lost me. After paying $30 for a bagel w/lox, and a small cup of chopped egg, capers, chopped onions and a pot of coffee, I asked the room service operator to send an extra cup of the chopped egg. I was told that the tablespoon sized cup of egg would cost $3. Really????

I told her that I found that to be a bit ridiculous. She ignored my comment and kept it moving! So although it may seem petty, I can't rate this nice hotel with 5 stars. 5 stars means that customer service comes first. Nickel and diming me over a tiny cup of egg is not cool.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful, so I don't want to discourage you from visiting, but to me, the little things really do matter. Speaking of the little things, I must credit them for having toothpaste, a small vanity kit with q tips and a shower cap in the bathroom. These were very nice touches. The egg incident irritated me, but overall I would give this property a 4.5+.

Room Tip: If you request a balcony, make sure that its not facing the back of the building.
1 Thank Silvergirl818
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just love the hotel.... The design has a cruise feeling... The pool is great for kids.... The rooms are big... Very nice!!
It has a great location , just across aquatica water park!!!
They have nice activities for kids all day long...

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Cristine H
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Even though I was here for conferences, I still love the hotel because it's near everything. Sea world is right across the street and a very short drive to Epcot Center and Magic Mountain. The restaurants are ok in the hotel, but near plenty of great places to eat up the road. Gym is also excellent.

Stayed November 2011
1 Thank cw_333badcc
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel is an excellent choice if visiting the Orlando area. Great location; in between Disney and Universal and across the street from Sea World. Not cheap, but not overly expensive in comparison with comparable hotels in the area. Large comfortable quiet rooms; friendly responsive staff. Nice atrium with (not very crowded) bar. Parking is a bit of a hassle; people had problems swiping the card to get out of the self-parking lot the entire time I was there. I've stayed at many hotels in the area over the years; this one rates very high. Convenient and yet a little removed from the crowds and congestion one frequently encounters there.

Room Tip: While quiet when I was there, rooms facing the atrium might be noisier.
1 Thank GrandBob
Georgetown, South Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our first stay at this hotel. Got a good deal through Travelocity which included a $100 hotel credit for our three night stay. Hotel was beautiful, staff was very pleasant, room was clean and very pretty. Pool and children's water areas were amazing.
These are the things that I wasn't so happy with:
1. Beds were kind of hard, so I didn't sleep well. They were very, very clean though, which was a good point;
2. Parking your car, even in self-parking, is quite expensive. I don't understand why you should have to pay to park at a hotel that charges this much a night for a room? Plenty of hotels nearby with facilities just as good offer free parking. We used our hotel credit to pay for the parking. If not for the credit, I would have chosen another hotel, just because I didn't want to spend $50 or $60 of my vacation money on parking;
3. No free wi-fi in room. You have it free in the lobby or at their Starbucks, but if you want to use your lap top in your room you have to pay a fee. I really did not like this at all. Again, a hotel of this quality and price could very easily offer free wi-fi in your room. Less expensive hotels do....
4. Had to set our a/c on 65 to feel cool in the room.
All of that complaining aside, I will say again that this is a clean, beautiful resort and any person or family would most likely love it.

Room Tip: We had a room with the balcony facing inside to the lobby. It was extremely quiet, so if you want q...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple