We stayed here over the 2010 Thanksgiving Holiday week. It's your typical new Florida hotel with a huge courtyard in the middle and the rooms surround it. Some of the rooms have balconies that overlook the courtyard. The courtyard has some restaurants and huge areas for conventions, etc. We stayed on the 9th floor, front of the hotel, overlooking Sea World. We picked this hotel due to its proximity to Sea World. While you can walk right across the street to Sea World, we had to drive to Discovery Cove and Aquatica where we spent most of our time. Unfortunately, this hotel is not near Disney and there is no shuttle from the hotel. It's about 20 minutes to Downtown Disney from this location.
When you first drive up, it's somewhat confusing. The self parking lot has a gate and you can't get in without a key. There are daily charges to park there also. So, you're forced to valet park in front which also costs money. When we walked in, you are greeted immediately and helped. The front desk was awesome and made check-in a breeze. Since we were Marriott Rewards members, we were offered a package of free valet parking, internet and breakfast for a slight additional charge. This was great while we were there, but turned into a checkout nightmare when we were charged for these services instead of being credited. Technically, we weren't supposed to get this package (we were a day early) so there was some disagreement on the charges. Eventually, they credited everything. But if we didn't have this package, there would have been alot of extra charges at check out which totally inflates the actual cost to stay here.
The hotel itself is either new or newly renovated. Everything is clean and trendy. The rooms are your typical Mariott: roomy, big beds with lots of pillows, a nice flat screen TV and a desk area to do work or work on your laptop. The Internet is not free in the rooms. When we were there is was $15 a day. Not sure why Fairfield Inns offer free internet access but these upscale Mariotts do not. In the public areas, there is some free Wi-Fi, but it's quite slow. The rooms are excellent. They are clean and updated including the bathroom, all renovate. We didn't hear any noise from guests next to us or above us. The sleep experience was excellent especially when you're walking around all day at the Parks and you're tired. The pool out back is really nice. Alot of seating, a pool bar, towels, etc. There are outdoor fireplaces in use at night. It's a big hotel with alot of space. You can see that they must have conventions and/or business meetings. When we were there, it didn't feel packed with people especially during the day when everyone is out at the Parks.
In the Courtyard, there are several restaurants/bars, a Starbucks and a gift store. We ate at the TradeWinds breakfast buffet which was pretty good each day. The service was excellent and the food selection adequate. We ate there because it was part of the package but it is somewhat expensive for breakfast if we had to outright pay for it. But, you could definitely eat a big breakfast here instead of the Parks and save time. We also ate at the Boardwalk Bar the first night because of a late check in. It's your typical sports bar/pub food. The food was fine and has alot of TVs.
Overall, this is a really nice, clean updated hotel and a perfect location if your vacation includes Sea World. It was kid friendly and perfect for families. It's very quiet for a good night sleep. The downsides are that it's not close to Disney and no shuttle, there seems to be quite a few additional incidental charges and the Florida taxes that are tacked on every day, you have to pay for parking and the Internet is not free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive in and discover your perfect Florida vacation at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld. Welcomed with complimentary champagne or sparkling cider, you’re the king of the sea when you stay at our hotel in Orlando. Among the largest guest rooms in the area, choose a room with one king bed and sofabed or a room with two queen-sized beds. All include a 32-inch plasma TV and oversized bathrooms with double sink vanities topped with Aveda shower products. Conveniently located to awesome theme parks including LEGOLAND. Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld also offers additional coolness for every guest. Caffeine-aholics: there’s a REAL, full-sized Starbucks located lobby level. Luxury-seekers: indulge in the lavish Neu Lotus spa. As night falls, cozy up at one of the fire pits and let your day melt away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Orlando Resort At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Renaissance Orlando Hotel
- Orlando Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Orlando
- Renaissance Orlando Resort Seaworld