“Checked in quick and up to room. Got in...”

Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #80 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Boca Raton, Florida
“Checked in quick and up to room. Got in...”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Checked in quick and up to room. Got in late and they did hold room for us. Disapointment came when reserved a king and got 2 queen room.
Big disappointment was no soap or shampoo in room. After day at park would kill for shower. Called down to desk "will send right up,, so sorry ". Waited 45 mins fell asleep.
Went down to desk in morning to get and was like pulling teeth to get her to give me.
I booked thru hotwire and wonder if that had something to do with lack of service. Too many nice places to ever stay here again. Nice enough place though. Lobby was grand and rooms were clean. Minus fact that lack of shampoo and soap made us wonder if we had clean sheets.

1 Thank RJ24R2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Nice enough. Quiet, give its proximity to airport. Not a family hotel. Mostly business meetings while I was there. Parking is a rip off, but you CAN park free at the neighboring Courtyard and walk to hotel.
One big complaint: They held a large deposit on my debit card for over a week after I checked out. When is this sort of lunacy going to stop? Tell me, why is a debit instantly debited, but a credit takes a week?
It is, however, an OK hotel. The kids, if you bring them, will be bored.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Denton, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We were lucky enough to stay at this beautiful four-star hotel for three fabulous nights while we were in Orlando to visit Disney World. The lobby is magnificent and the room was spacious enough for my family of five (we have an 8, 5, and 4 year old) The beds were super comfy, and I hate to admit it, but the bathroom was bigger than the one I have at home! The only thing that was a little strange was that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, and with five people going, it can get a little... well, odoriferous. We bought a can of febreze air effects and it solved the problem! Also, if you are traveling with more than one adult and you really enjoy a couple cups of coffee in the morning, get some extra coffee packets from the front desk. The next time we go to Disney we will probably stay at a Disney resort only because we think it would be more convenient on those hot summer days to return to the room for a while and rest during the heat of the day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a wonderful hotel close to the airport. Cocoa Beach is also a short and convenient 30-40 minute drive down 528. The only down side is all the toll roads in Orlando. Bring a roll or two of quarters!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
California
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Went on hotwire crossing our fingers to get The Hyatt at the airport for the arrival of our late night flight. Well it did not work out and we ended up at the Renaissance. What a beautiful hotel. Remodeled in the last few years, beautiful rooms, comfy beds, and yummy food. FYI: We decided to call the shuttle late at night leaving our car at the airport because they charge $8 and we had already paid for that portion of the day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Renaissance Hotel, Orlando Airport – May 24, 2010

I booked this through a “phantom” site which doesn’t disclose the hotel's name until after you buy it. As usual, I was happily surprised to have a "four star hotel" at less than $100 a night, probably about a third of the going rate and five minutes from the terminal.

This is a modern Marriott property, offering everything you could ask for….at a price, of course. Parking was $8 a night. Internet access was $10. I find this sort of “extra fee” annoying at any time and although it represents a current trend, it is not easier to swallow when the room is less expensive. If you are paying top dollar it's inexcusable.

Check in was fast and very warm and professional. My room was on the third floor, a bit of a walk from the elevators, but reasonably quiet and comfortable.

Some special items need to be mentioned: I left a wakeup call for four a.m. and it came on time, but I couldn’t figure out how to answer the multi-line phone. Within five minutes, someone came and knocked on the room door to make sure I was up and wouldn’t miss my flight. A very nice touch.

Large, well laid out bath with plenty of nice toiletries, oodles of nice clean towels, black marble counter tops and a “rain fall” shower that worked well.

Plenty of accessible power outlets in several locations in the room and reasonable cable channels on the flat TV.

The room view was looking out over the air conditioning units on lower floors, but you could see planes flying in and out of the airport.

I did not use any other hotel services.

Summary: Modern, safe and comfortable probably best describes this property. Some evidence of the tough economic times was evident in the frayed seat covers on the couch and rust around the bath tub drain.

There are dozens of hotels in this area near the Orlando airport (MCO) and it makes sense to check on them when booking and get the best rates. I would go back to Renaissance at that rate, but would not pay full price with so many other choices available.

Tip: If you need airport parking, there is an off-site airport sheltered parking location, Orlando Fast Park, a few minutes away from the hotel with shuttle service to the terminals. Parking there was about $7.00 a night including tax. Sheltered parking at the airport is $17 a night and the economy lots are slightly less.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed here because the colleagues we were traveling with like to stay at Marriott hotels. Otherwise it was overpriced and outdated. The bathrooms especially were outdated (tub water didn't drain well and the tile had seen better days.) The fitness facility, swimming pool and bar were good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Boise, ID
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We got this hotel on Priceline and only stayed one night. It was rated as a 3 1/2 star. Definitely not meant for kids. The staff was about average, but the Sleep Inn we stayed at in Gainesville was much cleaner, and the staff friendlier.
It looks like they did a major renovation about 10 years ago, but it needs touched up. The baseboards were a bit grungy, someone had written on our hotel room door, and the towel rack in the shower fell down when my husband took a towel off. Not bad, I just expected more for a 3 1/2 star.
The furniture and artwork were unique, and... indescribable. Kinda fun for one night, but they charged extra for EVERYTHING from $10 per day for internet and $8 per day for parking, to $6 for a bottle of water in the room. Not a good value, but the set up for computer (s) in the hotel room itself was really good! They also had pretty solid walls and floors- I didn't hear anyone while we were there. The beds were a bit hard, but their pillows were nice. I won't go back, but I'm also not their target customer...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family