“Absolutely Beautiful Hotel”

Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #112 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We were lucky enough to stay at this beautiful four-star hotel for three fabulous nights while we were in Orlando to visit Disney World. The lobby is magnificent and the room was spacious enough for my family of five (we have an 8, 5, and 4 year old) The beds were super comfy, and I hate to admit it, but the bathroom was bigger than the one I have at home! The only thing that was a little strange was that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, and with five people going, it can get a little... well, odoriferous. We bought a can of febreze air effects and it solved the problem! Also, if you are traveling with more than one adult and you really enjoy a couple cups of coffee in the morning, get some extra coffee packets from the front desk. The next time we go to Disney we will probably stay at a Disney resort only because we think it would be more convenient on those hot summer days to return to the room for a while and rest during the heat of the day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a wonderful hotel close to the airport. Cocoa Beach is also a short and convenient 30-40 minute drive down 528. The only down side is all the toll roads in Orlando. Bring a roll or two of quarters!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed June 4, 2010

Went on hotwire crossing our fingers to get The Hyatt at the airport for the arrival of our late night flight. Well it did not work out and we ended up at the Renaissance. What a beautiful hotel. Remodeled in the last few years, beautiful rooms, comfy beds, and yummy food. FYI: We decided to call the shuttle late at night leaving our car at the airport because they charge $8 and we had already paid for that portion of the day.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Renaissance Hotel, Orlando Airport – May 24, 2010

I booked this through a “phantom” site which doesn’t disclose the hotel's name until after you buy it. As usual, I was happily surprised to have a "four star hotel" at less than $100 a night, probably about a third of the going rate and five minutes from the terminal.

This is a modern Marriott property, offering everything you could ask for….at a price, of course. Parking was $8 a night. Internet access was $10. I find this sort of “extra fee” annoying at any time and although it represents a current trend, it is not easier to swallow when the room is less expensive. If you are paying top dollar it's inexcusable.

Check in was fast and very warm and professional. My room was on the third floor, a bit of a walk from the elevators, but reasonably quiet and comfortable.

Some special items need to be mentioned: I left a wakeup call for four a.m. and it came on time, but I couldn’t figure out how to answer the multi-line phone. Within five minutes, someone came and knocked on the room door to make sure I was up and wouldn’t miss my flight. A very nice touch.

Large, well laid out bath with plenty of nice toiletries, oodles of nice clean towels, black marble counter tops and a “rain fall” shower that worked well.

Plenty of accessible power outlets in several locations in the room and reasonable cable channels on the flat TV.

The room view was looking out over the air conditioning units on lower floors, but you could see planes flying in and out of the airport.

I did not use any other hotel services.

Summary: Modern, safe and comfortable probably best describes this property. Some evidence of the tough economic times was evident in the frayed seat covers on the couch and rust around the bath tub drain.

There are dozens of hotels in this area near the Orlando airport (MCO) and it makes sense to check on them when booking and get the best rates. I would go back to Renaissance at that rate, but would not pay full price with so many other choices available.

Tip: If you need airport parking, there is an off-site airport sheltered parking location, Orlando Fast Park, a few minutes away from the hotel with shuttle service to the terminals. Parking there was about $7.00 a night including tax. Sheltered parking at the airport is $17 a night and the economy lots are slightly less.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed here because the colleagues we were traveling with like to stay at Marriott hotels. Otherwise it was overpriced and outdated. The bathrooms especially were outdated (tub water didn't drain well and the tile had seen better days.) The fitness facility, swimming pool and bar were good.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We got this hotel on Priceline and only stayed one night. It was rated as a 3 1/2 star. Definitely not meant for kids. The staff was about average, but the Sleep Inn we stayed at in Gainesville was much cleaner, and the staff friendlier.
It looks like they did a major renovation about 10 years ago, but it needs touched up. The baseboards were a bit grungy, someone had written on our hotel room door, and the towel rack in the shower fell down when my husband took a towel off. Not bad, I just expected more for a 3 1/2 star.
The furniture and artwork were unique, and... indescribable. Kinda fun for one night, but they charged extra for EVERYTHING from $10 per day for internet and $8 per day for parking, to $6 for a bottle of water in the room. Not a good value, but the set up for computer (s) in the hotel room itself was really good! They also had pretty solid walls and floors- I didn't hear anyone while we were there. The beds were a bit hard, but their pillows were nice. I won't go back, but I'm also not their target customer...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed here 1 night before an early flight home. The hotel is very close to the airport but we never heard any airplane noise. The hotel is newly remodeled and is very elegant. Out room had a king bed with the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on. My husband and I both commented on it in the morning and wished we could take the mattress home with us. The pool are was average - but had very comfortable loungers around the pool. I wasn't thrilled to pay $8 for parking, but it was in a secure lot and we got the hotel for a great price online so that made up for it. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2010

It has been two weeks since our reservation at this property. I expected to return home, and advise our friends, family and colleagues of the fantastic amenities and experience of our stay. Instead, I have returned home, and ensured that I have advised everyone that I have talked with about our deplorable experience and shoddy service that we received at this hotel. I booked this reservation three months ago, online. I phoned two days in advance of our arrival to advise the hotel that we would require late check in, and to request two double beds. I was advised that would be no problem, and they noted that we would be arriving at midnight. Upon arriving at the Orlando airport, and collecting our luggage, I called the hotel to request shuttle service. Then waited, and waited, and waited. A half hour later, I called again, then waited another 20 minutes before the shuttle finally arrived. When we finally arrived at the hotel, I was very impressed by the magnificent foyer...unfortunately that is all that I can say that I was impressed with. As my husband, and two young daughters waited with our luggage, I went to the front desk to check us in. Did I mention that it was now after 1:00am? I was then advised by Kenneth, that he was very sorry but the hotel was sold out, and there was no room available for us, and no there was nothing that he could do. No room! At a property that I had a 3 month old PAID IN FULL reservation for! At a hotel that I had just waited nearly an hour with two young children to be shuttled to! I was then advised that I would be shuttled (again) to a nearby hotel, and that I wouldn't be charged for my stay at this other property. Fortunately not, since the hotel that I was shuttled to was an absolute dump! I find it difficult to believe that there were "no rooms at the inn", but I will be ABSOLUTELY sure that everyone that I speak to, as well as every travel advisory site that I can "google" and add comments to will have a full understanding and belief that The Renaissance Marriott Orlando Airport should not be on ANYONE'S travel destination list.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Maverickonvacation
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2010

We are grateful for all feedback on our hotel, both positive and negative. We sincerely apologize for you being displaced after having a reservation at our hotel. Additionally, the front desk service you received is unacceptable and we will handle your concern internally. Please accept our sincere apology. I would personally like to invite this family back to our hotel in the future if their travels ever bring them through the Orlando Airport area and I will personally ensure their next reservation is perfect and exceeds what our guests expect from a Renaissance Hotel. Jim Berkley, General Manager