“Don't bother”

Ranked #80 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Ithaca, New York
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

Quite simply, don't bother. The shuttle service from the airport did not arrive as promised. (Add an additional 30 minutes to what they promise.) The mattresses are worn and tired. There is an additional hidden $8.00 fee for parking per day- that includes the guests staying there. This means in a parking lot where there was an inactive security system. I don't know why the parent company, Marriott, thinks this is O.K. to do. The halls can be very noisy, including the higher floors. There does not appear to be a concierge, but I am not certain about that. Who would know? The front office staff has no idea about the restaurants in the vicinity.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwebster2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

Hotel is nice and fairly new. Beautiful lobby. The staff is friendly but housekeeping is very slack. In a year this will be a dump if they don't pay more attention to detail. Read all of the review because they are right. Internet is not free and our bathroom floor and area in fo\ront of the closet (ceramic tile) was flithy. They apparenlty just damp wiped that area. The carpet looked clean. Also two light bulbs were out. I mentioned it on the way to the gym and the maintenance tech was in the room quickly to repair. Housekeeping finally showed up with an annoyed look on her face. I noticed that the beautiful restroom by the gym and pool could have been a bit more tidy. It is a great deal on hotwire .....could be a 4 star more 3 ish ....due to the items mentioned above.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

I really liked the hotel. Looks like it got a major makeover recently. The lobby and rooms are heavily decorated like a much more expensive property would be. Its well situated for the airport and the highways. Its very nice, comfortable place.

I was surprised and annoyed to see a charge for parking at this location.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

We picked this hotel for a one night stay because the price was great through Hotwire and it was so close to the airport for an early morning flight. The bed was fantastic - soft and comfy with 8 big fluffy pillows and 2 more in the closet. The bathroom was huge and had nice toiletries.

The room was a great size and allowed our toddler to play on the floor with his race cars. We had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The TV was a nice size but should have had HD signals. The small lounger would have been a nice place for a child to sleep. The room was very clean.

My only complaints are having to pay $8 a day for parking and a charge for the internet service. Too many other hotels are providing free internet and free parking.

The pool was great too but the spa was too hot to get in. The fitness center had nice up to date equipment.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
CONNECTICUT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

I got this hotel at a very good rate through Hotwire. It was for a one night stay before departing Orlando Airport on an early morning flight. I arrived in the area much earlier than I expected and was allowed to check in before 11:00 am. Everything about this hotel was very beautiful and clean including the public areas and the rooms. The rooms were very large, extremely clean, included a microwave and a sizeable bathroom. I did not use the pool but my husband took the kids and they enjoyed it very much. He told me it was very clean and there were very nice poolside chairs & cabanas. He also checked out (but did not use) the fitness center and said it had up to date, state of the art equipment. The area this hotel was in seemed primarily a business location rather than for leisure travel but it was only about 20 minutes from Seaworld & more importantly less than 10 minutes (and an easy commute) to the airport. We found a few stores & many restaurants in the area but we did not venture out very far. There is a fee to use the internet as well as an $8.00 per night parking fee both of which I was not pleased with but all of the good about this hotel made up for it! They did have one computer at the front desk that was complimentary to use only for airline check-in and to print boarding passes. I would definitely stay here again if I needed a play to stay near the airport.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank IMLISA
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Loved it! Especially the price! We had a deal of $57.00 a night through hotwire. Unfortunatley, we only stayed one night, but everything was first class. Beautiful hotel, but the breakfast buffet was way pricey and almost not ediable. Eat somewhere else, and you'll enjoy your stay more. I frown on places that charge for internet, but it was only one night so we didn't need it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank myjb
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

I have to give this hotel three stars because my stay was very much a mixed bag. First of all, my room was lovely, clean, and spacious. I had absolutely no problems with my room and enjoyed my stay in it. I was also pleased by the service on the first day of my stay. I caught an early-morning flight to Orlando and expected to just store my bag until it was time to check in. The sweet lady at the front desk actually checked me in at 10am with no problem. I was very pleased by that. Also throughout that one day, the hotel staff repeatedly asked me if there was anything they could do for me or help me find.

Unfortunately, the good service was a one-day-only deal. I attended a group event at the hotel. And throughout the weekend, it seemed to me the hotel staff was more interested in running a tight ship than providing good customer service. While I respect the hotel's policy of no outside alcohol during events (which I didn't know about beforehand because it's never been an issue at other hotels), the event staff was rather heavy-handed in the enforcement. Also throughout the event, the event coordinator never smiled and it almost felt like we were inconveniencing the staff. I can't count the number of times I watched them roll their eyes at us.

Overall, I recommend the hotel for its rooms, but not its service.

• Stayed July 2009