“Best value”

Ranked #79 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Best value”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I frequently choose the Renaissance Orlando Airport for its wonderful accommodations and friendly staff. Special kudos to the breakfast staff (Nohemy, Augusto, Jason, etc), who will make you feel at home and will have off to a great day's start.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. So glad that our hotel service teams provided these great experiences for you and mentioning so many of them by name means the world to us! It is rewarding for us to learn how experienced travelers such as yourself view the hotel amenities and service. We love that you enjoy our “Renaissance Hospitality” and each and every one of the team in every department looks forward to your next visit. I will be sharing your review with the staff as well. Much appreciated!

Jim Berkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It is hard to not be enthusiastic about a Tuesday night price of $127 for a Renaissance property with super friendly staff, but I did not have a WOW experience like I have had at other Renaissance hotels. The lobby is great. The room was nothing special (disappointingly average) and the shower pressure was as low as it could be and still be called a shower. The basic internet was slow. The toiletries were first rate and the room was clean and neat and the bed was wonderful. Airport transportation was friendly and quick. The staff were first rate. So this was a mixed experience. I think the rooms need a bit of an upgrade. I gave it four starts because it was a mix of 5 stars and a 3 star for the room with my concerns listed above. Having said all this I would return because the staff were all so nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We appreciate your review and the expressed perspective from your visit with us. We are glad that several parts of your stay met or exceeded your satisfaction especially the nice comments about our guest service staff. But we also highly value all feedback especially in the areas where you have noted we failed to live up to your expectations and will certainly share this review with the team. We would like to have a second opportunity to make things right with you and do hope that when you return that your stay is exceptional. Thank you.

Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Reasonable price room - but with parking for 2 weeks included it was a steal. They do a great job of drop off and pick up - it was nearly quicker than airport parking! Room was nice - I ask for feather-free and got it. Great places to eat nearby if you want to get out of the hotel. Breakfast was way more than continental - and it was good. It was out early enough that we grabbed a bite and still made an early plane.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We appreciate the terrific comments you have posted about your recent stay with Renaissance Orlando Airport. Our team thrives off this kind of feedback and we are very pleased that our hotel & services met your expectations. Yes, our park & fly packages are the best in the area and a very popular amenity with guests including our prompt & friendly shuttle drivers. Glad it worked so well for you. Hope to have you as a return guest again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 6, 2013

As a major road warrior i often stay at Airport Hotels for location, economy, and ease. This hotel property comes highly recommended! It is located in a great complex and the staff are eager to serve you ! As a Marriott Platinum Guest , I was recognized by name and upgraded to the Club Floor. The rooms are very comfortable and feature a great working desk area, larger bathroom, very comfortable beds and are very well maintained. Major compliments to the housekeeping staff here who take pride in their work and it shows! Nothing better than a CLEAN and COMFORTABLE room! The Club is well stocked with breakfast and dinner food /drink items. I will be back and highly recommend this property to others it will not disappoint you either!

Room Tip: Get a club room if available !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
WOW -- Thank you very much for taking the time to share the wonderful review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the kudos to our Housekeeping department. The Renaissance service team loves seeing these types of reviews and I've shared your review with our whole team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Long Island, NY
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Must have been a bad week for me to choose the Renaissance Brand!

I'm a HHonors Diamond and Marriott Gold and during the 4th Qtr of the year I generally stay at Marriott properties to keep gold status.

I generally try to avoid Orlando airport hotels when possible as they tend to "wear" faster then other properties (in my opinion). Well this property is WORN and Mediocre at best.

Like my stay in the Plantation Florida Renaissance, the staff was helpful and the lobby area very nice, but the rooms leave something to be desired.

My first rooms AC unit was very loud! I can usually sleep through a lot of noise but this was just way to loud. The intake unit was rattling and the AC was just plain loud. I switched to a new room and asked the staff to find me one that wasn't so loud. Apparently, the building is old and the style of AC is contusive to being noisy as the next room they gave me same problem and one of the staff members indicated this was a normal "problem."

The second rooms clock was incorrect and I couldn't fix it. I called down for a maintenance person but he didn't show before I had to go to dinner. Again the staff tried to help, but I didn't feel like bouncing around room to room, again!

There are NO drawers to put your stuff in, just little cubby holes in with a small door.
Parking is $14 per day, when other hotels by airport are free and don't reguire key access.

Just not a very good property and Avg may be to generous a score, but staff willingness to help improves the property.

2 Thank SalMTravels
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I truly appreciate you sharing your feedback and I apologize that you experienced a less than satisfactory stay with us. I understand your concerns and I would like to personally remedy this for you as well as gain knowledge of your room number and dates of stay if you were willing to forward that data to me at jberkley@jhmhotels.com. I will respond personally to you with a resolution if you allow me the opportunity. Thank you for noting our guest service team's efforts to help you with these issues when reported. Again, please accept my apology and I sincerely wish that you had departed with a more positive experience. We do hope that we have a second opportunity to provide an outstanding hotel stay next time.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

During our recent visit to this property, we had excellent service from all of the hotel groups that we encountered including front desk, lounge, room service, housekeeping, lobby bar and restaurant. We were in town for a business meeting that ended up extending into Marsthon hours over he weekend. The staff went above and beyond to provide anything that they could to help. The team even went to the extent of allowing us to utilize the lounge for an all day meeting (when the lounge is generally closed). I will definitely be using this hotel for future business in Orlando...it is rare to find staff who obviously are masters of the service industry?

Room Tip: It always helps to be a Platinum Marriott member as rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the amazing review! We are very happy that our hotel service teams provided these great experiences for you and when someone writes such a nice account of their hotel stay it means the world to us! It is rewarding for us to learn how experienced Platinum level travelers such as yourself view the hotel amenities and service. We love that you enjoyed our “Renaissance Hospitality” and each and every one of the team in every department looks forward to your next visit. I will be sharing your review with the staff as well. Much appreciated!

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Attended a sales conference for three days and there were countless acts of going beyond the call of duty. If you need to stay near the airport or do not need a resort with a beach, this is a good choice. The management clearly hires good people but further must have excellent training. Well done.

• Stayed October 2013
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We are delighted to hear that your conference was such a success and that the Renaissance Orlando Airport greatly contributed to it. Thank you for complimenting our associates and our hotel. Our banquet services team is ranked #1 in the Renaissance system and your outstanding comments give great motivation to the team to strive for success. We hope to have you as a guest again one day. Until then, stay well and thank you again for your business and the great review.