“Very nice”

Ranked #80 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for business 3 nights in April 2013. Overall, a great stay. Room was clean and comfy, lobby was very nice and modern. Great bar service. The restaurant is overpriced and I had a few small issues (phone in my room did not work, problem with my shower), but nothing to get enraged over. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for the nice review you posted about your stay with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. I've shared your review with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Jim Berkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel literally hundreds of nights, and it never disappoints. It is conveniently located to the airport (literally a 2 minute drive or via the shuttle service), and the amenities are great: a nice outdoor pool, an up-to-date exercise center, good and reasonably priced hotel bar/restaurant, and each guest room has a microwave and frig. The wifi is always dependable and faster than I typically find at other hotels I travel to, even during peak periods. There are also several restaurants within easy walking distance, and dozens more that are a 5 min drive away. The staff are all exceptional, starting with the front desk staff through housekeeping. Everyone you will encounter is top notch -- shuttle drivers, maintenance, everyone. I know I stay here a lot and get some special attention as a result, but I've seen numerous interactions between guests and staff that assure me that everyone is treated special and that guest satisfaction is very important. I would also mention that if you are looking for a meeting/convention location, the layout is nice, with the breakout rooms conveniently located close to the main auditorium. I cannot speak to the quality of other airport hotels nearby, but for whatever it is worth, on my first visit to MCO I selected the Renaissance sort of by chance, and over the course of 5 years I've never been tempted to find out what the Marriott or other properties might offer...

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the airport, ideally on a high floor. Corner rooms are extremely quiet.
1 Thank Scott L
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
WOW - What an incredible review. Thank you very much for taking the time to share the wonderful comments about your many, many, many stays with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provide a great experience for you each & every time you stay here and we appreciate the sensational comments about the staff and hotel. I've shared your review with our team. They really love seeing this. See you soon!!!

Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed there for one night. The first room I was given was not clean. There was a bottle on the table that was left there. The bathroom was dirty, all the grout had come up and it was brown. I asked the staff for a different room and was given one on the same floor. That room was the same, bathroom dirty, the filter on the a/c unit looked like it had not been replaced in years, there were hair on the comforter, the table had not been wiped. It was gross.
The hotel lobby looked awesome though.

1 Thank VanaFlorida
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. Extremely disappointing for our team to see that your guestroom cleanliness with us fell below expectations. This is definitely a non-typical experience at our Renaissance and do hope you'll accept our sincere apology for this less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. I certainly would like to have a second opportunity to make things right with you and get a little more data (if you are willing to share) of your stay dates and room number to allow us to dig deeper to the root of the reported issues. You may reach out to me personally at jberkley@jhmhotels.com if you are willing to allow us to research your concerns. Again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kirkland, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the moment my wife and I arrived at The Renaissance Hotel in Orlando, we were immediately made to feel welcomed. The staff at the reception desk, as well as, on the floor seemed particularly eager to bid us welcome and to help us get settled in.

The layout of the establishment was more impressive than we had expected, with wonderfully coordinated colours in the decorations and furniture. The overall effect clearly spoke to us of class and distinction.

We were particularly pleased by the service we received at the dining room. Our waitress made every effort to answer our inquiries on the meal and to make sure our dining experience was outstanding and memorable. Both of our meals were remarkably well prepared and presented.

Every staff member we came across during our brief stay seemed to go out of his or her way to acknowledge us and to bid us a pleasant stay at the Renaissance.

We don't often take the time to submit comments about hotels we stay in during our recurring trips, but the team of the Renaissance Orlando clearly deserved our full compliments. We would definitely consider staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We were so pleased to see your delightful review and hearing that our team delivered exceptional service makes us very happy!Our Renaissance staff members are passionate when it comes to taking care of our guests and providing memorable experiences. Again, thanks for taking the time post a review and I've shared your comments about your stay with our team and we do hope you will visit our hotel again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I opened the door the smell was so clean that it felt like no one had ever stayed in the room before. The room was very clean, bright, and with a great view. The front desk check in personnel were some of the best I have ever come in contact with. I would stay at this hotel any time I am in the area. Make it a must stay for your next trip to Orlando

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that over look the airport.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful posting about your visit to our Renaissance. So glad that our ultra clean guestrooms added to your enjoyable stay. We are so glad that our great guest service team provided you with the warm and friendly customer service you speak of and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

West Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel is a good choice among many airport hotels located near MCO. The property is attractive, rooms are nicely appointed, the conference facilities are good, and the employees are friendly. The main downside is noise.

The Renaissance is part of a planned development designed for air travelers. The area contains about a dozen hotels built within the last ~25 years. Located about 1.5 miles north of the airport terminal, it’s an easy, straight shot to/from MCO’s rental car lots. The 9-story high-rise hotel has an attractive small lake on one side of the property and a large private airport parking lot on the other. The hotel’s parking lot is gated and well-lit. There’s a nice-but-small outdoor pool, as well. Inside, the first floor of the hotel features a restaurant, bar, conference facilities, and the lobby/front desk.

The room I was assigned was average in size for this class of hotel. The décor was fresh, modern, and cheerful. My room was clean and everything worked. The windows are large. My south—facing room had decent view of the lake and surrounding area. Three elevators connect the lobby to other 8 floors; I never had to wait long for one.

The employees I encountered were professional and friendly on all occasions. I was especially impressed by the hotel’s staff who handled all of the supporting tasks at the conference that I attended.

I have to take points off for noise, however. Of course, there’s the deep rumble from the jets taking off and the street traffic (to be expected from an airport hotel). But, for a somewhat upscale hotel, there was too much noise within the room. The air conditioning unit was unusually loud and it was surprisingly easy to hear activity from the hallway (conversations, other room doors being shut, etc.). In the lobby area, the music blasting out of the bar seemed a little over the top during the evening -- but, hey, this is Florida we're talking about.

You’ll probably need a car if you want to eat somewhere beside the Renaissance’s restaurant. There’s a TGIFriday’s and Longhorn Steakhouse within a block or two but you’ll have to cross a busy boulevard to get to other restaurants in the vicinity. Convenience and other retail stores are not within a typical walking distance.

Room Tip: For a better view, ask for a south-facing room. For less airport noise, request a north-facing room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for reviewing the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel. We are so pleased to see your delightful review and hearing that our team delivered outstanding service makes us very happy!Our Renaissance ambassadors are passionate when it comes to taking care of our guests and providing memorable experiences. Again, thanks for taking the time post a review and I've shared your comments about your stay with our team and we do hope you will visit our hotel again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Been to this hotel many times before, and it's always been a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean enough and quite roomy, and the hotel facilities (pool, gym) are quite nice. I wanted to take a moment this time, though, to single out excellent service from the staff in the bar/restaurant downstairs. In particular, the chef, Theresa, was fantastic. Not only was her meal hot, quick, and delicious, but I was fortunate to get to put a face to the name, and she was very pleasant to deal with. She, along with our server, Yvonne, kept us laughing and smiling the entire evening.

• Stayed June 2013
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
WOW - Thanks so much for the awesome trip experience you posted about your recent stay with us here at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel. Your wonderful comments about the hotel amenities and our great staff, especially the food & beverage team members Theresa & Yvonne, make our day here at the Renaissance! Your thoughts are such a pleasure to read and the team here thrives on this type of guest experience. I've shared your comments with the entire hotel management team and our hourly staff. We look forward to you returning again soon.