“OK stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Seattle, Washington
“OK stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

So the hot water is not always available, and the blackout curtains are a struggle to close. The internet is weak, but overall it's a pretty nice place to stay next to the airport. Breakfast buffet is well done. Housekeeping very good.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel has a view of the parking lot, one side has the view of a fountain. The rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We appreciate your perspective, both the positive and the negative. I would personally like to invite you back to our hotel in the future if your travels ever bring you through the Orlando Airport area again and I will personally ensure your next stay is perfect and exceeds what our guests expect from a Renaissance Hotel.

Jim Berkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time. I love this hotel. It is clean, emmaculant, and comfortable. The bed and pillows are awesome. Conveniently located to the airport, shopping and eating establishments.

Once again I highly recommend this hottel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Robert G
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about your stay with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. I've shared your review with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at the Rennaisance Orlando Airport property for just one night before moving to another hotel for a convention. I probably spend over 150 nights a year in a hotel. I typically try to stay in Marriott properties and have seen them all. I'm a bit of a picky traveler, and try to stay at newer or recently renovated properties. I must say, that overall, I was quite impressed with this hotel. It's beautiful and inviting. It has a trendy look and feel. The room was great and so was the buffet in the morning. Beyond being tastefully decorated the bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly from initial check in, while dining and as I left the property. I rarely notice one way or another, but for whatever reason I particularly liked this hotel and would gladly stay there again. It just had a good feel to it. Next time I would try to use the workout facility and pool, which also were well designed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brice789
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
We very much appreciate the glowing four star review of our Renaissance and especially your highlighting of our outstanding service staff. We are pleased that our hotel provided the many beautiful and comfortable features you have noted including our popular and scrumptous breakfast buffet. Our culinary team takes great pride in preparation and high quality so that our offerings always taste great!! Again, Thank you for your four star review and we hope you will return again in the near future.

Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here on April 19th 2013 for a wedding!! We were greeted immediately upon arrival!! The room was Very Clean and Welcoming!!

The staff were very helpful and accommodating!!

I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debra38
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about your stay with us during the wedding event. Our hotel is a popular location for local weddings and we always try to make our client's wedding "the special one"! We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments about our guestroom cleanliness and friendly staff. I've shared your comments with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Fellsmere, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overall, great property. Lobby is beautiful. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms service - quick and friendly. Only one thing I was very disappointed about - the bathroom shower - the lower tile section in room 816 looked horrible with open gaps and a VERY poor attempt at recaulking the bottom tiles. For such a nice hotel, this was a truly a downer.

Room Tip: Do not choose 816.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnneMThomas
We are delighted that you had an excellent experience at our hotel and thank you so much for sharing your critique with us. Our staff truly enjoys seeing reviews such as yours. We have taken care of the guestroom caulking issue you mentioned. I saw it myself after I read your review - indeed that's unacceptable. Thanks for that heads up. We hope to see you again soon and greatly appreciate the review,

Nyack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Located a few miles from MCO. Shuttle available. You will pay for everything as this is a full service property. Cost for parking and breakfast. Rooms are beautiful with comfortable bedding. In room coffee maker and microwave. Lovely lobby and outdoor pool. Front desk was very pleasant. Nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Gracielulu10960
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us at Renaissance Orlando Airport. We are delighted our staff and hotel facility provided a memorable guest experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Our entire hotel service team enjoys seeing these type of reviews and I've shared your comments with our whole staff. We hope to have you as a return guest soon.

Baltimore , MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was a large disappointment and does not meet Marriott standards at all.
The staff at the front desk were rude and unaccomondating. We had a elderly family member with us that we requested her room be near us or at least on the same floor as us and we were told that was not possible because the rooms were assigned and could not be changed. It was explained that we had made the request in writing to which the clerk replied "No you did not." She was ignorant and ignored the written verification copy that I presented to her.
Upon arrival in the room there were pills on the floor next to the bed. Obviously the room was not cleaned very well. No ice bucket and the ice machine on the floor that we were on was out of order and remained out of order the three days we were there.
The shower water was COLD and never got warm. The wash clothes and towel in our room had holes in them----what a disgrace. The blow dryer needs to be replaced as the fan was working at a low capacity and could hardly dry our hair.
We requested a sewing kit and were told that one would be bought up to our room. NO KIT< NO CALL just ignore the request and it will go away. Called again and was told that the hotel did not have any. UNBELIEVEABLE> I have never heard of a hotel not havig a needle and thread. Finally a assistant manager bought a kit that was old and dirty. What an embarrassment for the Renaissance----I think if I was the Renaissance I would have gone to the 7-11 and bought one before I gave this one to anyone.
In the am we asked for a 1 pm check out. The front desk person stated that there were no late check outs. My family member that was separated from us was just told by the next clerk over that she could have a late check out. Our clerk was so nasty and would do anything just be negative said "they should not have done that but I will let you have to 12:30 pm."
We ate dinner in the dining room on a Friday night and waited over one hour for our meal. We asked the waitress about our dinner, she went to find out and states that it will be another 10-15 minutes. No offer to get us something while we waited. When the food arrived half of it was cold and the rest was overcooked.
A nightmare of a stay,,,,,never again!

Room Tip: Another hotel in the area. Not here!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rater521
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. Extremely disappointing for our team to see that your hotel stay with us fell below expectations. This is definitely a non-typical experience at our Renaissance and do hope you'll accept our sincere apology for this less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. I certainly would like to have a second opportunity to make things right with you and get a little more data (if you are willing to share) of your stay dates and room number to allow us to dig deeper to the root of the reported issues. You may reach out to me personally at jberkley@jhmhotels.com if you are willing to allow us to research your concerns. Again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.