“Good Breakfast, Close to Airport”

Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #86 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice rooms, had a pack and play ready to go for my daughter when we got there. Because of my status we got a free breakfast the next morning which was not just your average breakfast it was a very nice buffet.
Had a shuttle to and from MCO (we were going on a cruise so this was very useful to us). The only reason I gave 4 and not 5 starts because the shuttle when we arrived at night took quite a while to get there. It may have been something about it being 11PM but still figured it would be faster, took over 45 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thanks very much for the delightful review of our hotel. Very nice to hear that our breakfast buffet and our great location worked well for you and your family. We do apologize for the noted length of time waiting for the airport shuttle. It can get very congested at the Orlando Airport especially in the late evenings however the 45 minute wait you have noted is indeed out of the ordinary. We will do better for you next time on that service and we do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed three nights as part of an onsite business meeting. The staff was very friendly--providing nearby dining recommendations and prompt assistance with Internet connectivity issues. The boardrooms were spacious, the provided lunch was quite nice, and the service was attentive. The lobby bar had a great happy hour as well. My room was in good repair and unlike some hotels I've stayed in recently, the AC actually cooled the room. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for short business trips--it's proximity to the airport make it a great choice. However, if you're interested in seeing theme parks or downtown Orlando, you will want to stay closer to the action. Cab fare downtown was in the $30 range.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us at Renaissance Orlando Airport. We are delighted our staff and hotel facility provided a memorable guest and meeting experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Our entire hotel service team enjoys seeing these type of reviews and I've shared your comments with our whole staff.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a king bed room which was spacious and clean. The bathroom was good size and relatively new. (I had to put both the shower liner AND curtain inside the tub to prevent serious leakage, but what the heck - live and learn!) The room was decorated in the new business style with sleek cabinetry, good TV and desk. To be sure, this was not a room in need of updating or new styling, but it wasn't brand new. Everything in the room worked well, including the a/c which can be critical in Florida.
Check-in was smooth, although I later found they did not have my rewards number when I inquiried as to why I was not upgraded. I don't know where that miss originated (possibly with the travel agent). Dinner recommendation for a nice seafood restaurant from the front desk turned out to be a fried seafood type of bar/grill, much less than we were seeking, but I didn't see a concierge when looking for a recommendation.
The shuttle from the airport was very easy after calling for directions from the hotel operator.
There are a ton of hotels in the immediate area, but would stay here again if planning another trip.

Room Tip: There are no views so don't worry about it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We appreciate the terrific comments you have posted about your recent stay with Renaissance Orlando Airport. Our team thrives off this kind of feedback and we are very pleased that our hotel met your expectations. Hope to have you as a return guest again soon!

Thanks so Much!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last three or four years. It is a nice facility, and the staff is very friendly. I noticed the room furnishings are starting to show some wear and the bedding is not as comfortable as it used to be. I enjoy staying here and hope it is time to replace the bedding.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

First off, much appreciated that you are a multiple return guest with us!! Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts about your stay with us at the Renaissance Orlando Airport. We sincerely appreciate the nice comments about our hotel and your perspectives of the noted items and knowing this we can work on improving this area in the future. Thanks again for choosing us and we will see you on your next journey!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

By far the best hotel in the area! Location, decor and service are fantastic. Getting to the hotel from the airport is fast and easy. our room was large, clean and the tv was real hd not like some others that are poor conversions. All the staff were genuine and helpful with local recommendations. The restaurant and bar were great. Don't miss the bread pudding a perfect ending to the day for me.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank AbeFromanlinks

Our appreciation to you for your selection of Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel and your kind and upbeat review of our hotel during your recent visit to Orlando. We are simply delighted you had such a pleasant stay and I have shared your comments with all of our team. Your review has made our day!! Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

And yes, our Chef prepared scratch made Bread Pudding, a secret local receipe of our wonderful Chef Roger, is a big hit with everyone and glad it became a discovery of your while here as our guest!

Regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because we had an unexpected layover and this was a reward night. If this wasn't a free night I don't know that I would have enjoyed it. The bathroom was messy, it ha rust on the tub. The bed was big but we had to put the sheets back on, which bothered us a little. It is a decent room hardly worth the cost it would have been without the reward

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience. I'm grateful for the candid remarks and I am sorry you found some portions of your stay subpar. We do strive to always exceed our guest's expectations and in this case it is clear you expected more. I appreciate your comments and look forward to the opportunity of hopefully serving you again.

Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My first impression of the Renaissance was just okay, though I had just come from the JW Marriott Grande Lakes, so I was bound to be disappointed. Still, it was a clean facility with some modern and even whimsical touches. My impression became more negative with almost every encounter from the "customer service" associates, who seemed to almost disregard my Marriott Gold Elite status. I had to practically beg for complimentary breakfast tickets (the concierege lounge was closed) and they wanted to add on an additional charge for a "full buffet" (I've never experienced this in the past as a Gold Elite member).

The hotel is clearly an older property that has been updated. The rooms are nice, but nothing special with small bathrooms. However, the micro/fridge and sink area outside the bathroom was much appreciated. The beds are comfortable, but not as heavenly as some Marriott properties. Maid service is just average (did not leave enough towels).

Overall, I was not terribly impressed. If you get this hotel at a discounted rate, you may be satisfied as it is not a bad property. But there are better choices (with much better customer service) if you do some research.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MaineBilleboy
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. Very disappointing to see that our service levels fell below expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for this less than satisfactory experience at my hotel. I certainly would like to have a second opportunity to make things right with you and do hope you will reach out to me personally if you are willing to allow us a second chance. I will ensure your return stay is exceptional and special concessions will be afforded to you for past issues. I look forward to hearing from you.