“One of the better airport hotels”

Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #78 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Morristown, New Jersey
“One of the better airport hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Although I only spent one night here, I know this is one of the better airport hotels I've stayed at. Very modern, clean, and upscale, it is a refreshing alternative to the get 'em in, get 'em out airport hotel. Restaurant and very nice bar, a splendid outdoor pool area with gazebos and bar, lots of restaurants in the area, modern bathroom, great breakfast,....all in a very nice, landscaped, pleasant setting. Not a bad place to spend a night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Clinton, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We enjoyed our stay---well maintained, exceelent shuttle service and alot of ecellent places to eat in the immediate area

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradenton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Okay, Mr. Jim Berkley, general mgr of Renaissance, I have to admit that you quickly got on my bad side with the daily $9.95 internet charge. However, I soon got over my mad spell when I entered my room. Let's just say I was wowed with the lush bedding and beautiful decor. Nice to have the refrigerator and microwave too. The bathroom, with the Aveda hair & bath products, was extra nice. I also loved the fact that you have three working treadmills and a bike, but I was blown away with the pool. OMG! You had cabanas at the pool and someone came around and asked us if we needed anything from the bar. I didn't try the restaurant, since you do have several restaurant options within walking distance. Nice area to walk and go for a jog. Your staff was friendly and helpful. Super clean place and all of this adds up to one well-managed hotel. Oh yeah, you are now on my good side and we will return. Thanks!

Beijing, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I spent 1 night with my boyfriend at this hotel because our flight was overnight. Just like other airport hotel, it provides a shuttle from airport to the hotel which is good. The lobby and the restaurant looks nice too. However, the hallway and the room is terrible. Our room is damp and not clean and there is even a BIG cockroach in the bathroom. It was 2am in the morning and our light was 11am and we just let it go. In addition, when we were check out next day, I mentioned we used a bottled water in the room because it was not on the bill. The lady in the front desk then put the charge on the bill. When I checked my credit card statement next week I find that they charged me twice on the water. I am not gotta call the bank and spend 30min with them just for $5, but I have to say this hotel REALLY sucks.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LivyX
Hancock, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here for a meeting over a weekend and then extended two nights. The hotel has a dull, sterile feeling to it in the lobby. The rooms are nice and clean and about what you would expect in a place in this price range. The food the the restaurant is to be avoided at all costs. However, the surrounding food options are stickily strip-mall style. If you want something ether, you're going to have to have a car or take an expensive taxi ride. The pool and exercise room are nice. I was unimpressed, but it might be the best you can do in the Orlando Airport area. I should mention that I would never go to Orlando for a vacation and only go there when I have to for business, so consider that when reading this review.

SAO PAULO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

When I entered this hotel I was impressed by the lobby, really nice and luxurious but the rest was disappointing. When I ordered room service I never got what I had requested. The gym is not well maintained. TV in the bedroom has very few channels to be selected. Definitely not a good quality / price ratio.

Room Tip: My advice, if you are traveling alone, do not accept a room with two queen size beds, it is too smal...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your candid remarks about our hotel. It seems that although many features of our property met your expectations there were some conditions you were unhappy with. The entire team at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel is dedicated to providing excellent service and an impeccable guestroom and food & beverage product thus it is very disappointing to hear we failed to deliver our promise in some ways during your stay. We apologize again and do hope we are able to to have you as a guest in the future if you travel to Orlando again.

Regards,

Jim Berkley
West Palm Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

We booked this room through Hotwire, and so got a great rate. However, extras not included in HW were $9.99 a day for in-room internet (free if you use their computers in the biz center); and $10 parking per day. Also, the main road to the hotel is a toll road - 528.
The hotel's staff was remarkably friendly, and check in was quite smooth. They are used to business clientele - mostly airline and biz travelers were seen. But attractions aren't far away and being out of all the theme park traffic was a plus for us.
Elevator is convenient to the side door for unloading luggage, though porters are available. The room is nicely set up with closet space, a separate nook for the fridge and coffee set-up. (free coffee and tea, but all else costs $$, including water they provide). The sink area, well lit, was separated from the toilet-shower area. The shower was a hotel "rain" head - soothing. We found the beds too soft for our liking - they are the pillow-top variety and didn't provide quite the support we needed.
But the room was spotless and quiet at the end of the hallway; even sort of near the airport, you couldn't notice the planes.
There's a nice bar/lounge in the lobby as well as a restaurant - we didn't try it as we had reservations at the Ravenous Pig in Winter Park (also a winner).

Room Tip: I can't speak to which floor to choose; our 4th floor room was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about your stay with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. I've shared your comments with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Jim Berkley