“Nice Hotel”

Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #88 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Booked this Hotel through Hotwire for my wife and myself. We live in Florida and travel to Orlando several times a year for shopping and events. This hotel is near the airport but there is no issue with noise. It is a little out of the way if your visiting the Theme Parks but not a major drive. The hotel is clean and the room was spacious. We didnt need use any of the facilities or restaraunts just needed a nice place to sleep for the night. I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to having you as a future guest again! Jim Berkley General Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2011

What can I say. This Hotel is Great. We were greeted by a Bell man who took our bags to the rooms. Rooms are really modern and the staff really are making it so far. The lady checking us in was great. The lady in the restaurant came over to speak to us and was so friendly.

I know I moaned in my previous reviews about hotels charging for parking and internet and this hotel is no exception. £10 for internet and £8 to park. That frustrates me but I guess I need to get over it..!

Seriously though the staff here are awesome - had such a good check in experience and can honestly say in recent years this is the most personal hotel we have stayed in - we felt special and we have only been here 15 minutes!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank skinkaid
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your stay with us. Myself and our staff sincerely appreciate the wonderful comments about our hotel and our staff. I've shared your comments with our staff and we sincerely hope to have you as a return guest in the near future. Much appreciated!

Jim Berkley

Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is a great airport hotel. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. I would definatly recommend this hotel. The only thing I didn't like is the breakfast in the restaurant. It's a buffet breakfast and I even get it for free because of my elite status but it really is not good. The food seems like its been sitting around for a long time.
If you have breakfast somewhere else this hotel is great!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after missing a flight early in the am and being on standby all day long. Our bags flew to Phila but we spent the night in Orlando. The front desk was only able to give us one toothbrush for two adults checking in at 4 in the afternoon. We were charged for Wifi service - who in the world does that anymore ? this was necessary to complete some tasks for work that would be missed the next day. The connection was repeatably dropped which was quite annoying especially since we were charged extra for it. When I told the front desk this a rude employee was quite sarcastic about why I was even on the computer in the evening. lThe front desk told us to come down a five minutes before we were ready to leave the next day for the shuttle to the airport and surprise surprise we had to wait 25 minutes for a shuttle. Would never stay at this hotel or any it's chain again - too many better choices out there

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vaca21
RenaissanceGenMgr, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate knowing that you had internet connectivity issues while our guest and I sincerely apologize for this unusual experience at our hotel. Our hotel prides itself on a reputation of taking excellent care of our guests and if you would kindly email me your name and exact date of stay I will credit the internet charges that you were charged for at my hotel. My email address is jberkley@jhmhotels.com and my direct telephone line is (407)513-7200. I sincerely look forward to hearing you and really hope that you will give us a second chance in the future should you need airport area lodging in Orlando.

Jim Berkley

Reviewed November 2, 2011

No bell or valet services.
Door security bar was broken in room asked to have it fixed twice no one eve came or responded to request,
Air conditioning did not work well at all called twice and requested it be fixed no response, asked on 3rd nite at front desk and still no response. Did not sleep well because room was so hot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zacckie
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance. The hotel was very clean and the staff and service were also excellent. Everyone was looking to help you, which was nice. We ended up getting in a round of golf and they were helpful in finding a course at which to play.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you are looking for a cheap alternative to Disney hotels, take a look at the Renaissance near the airport. A clean, modern look with an adequate Fresco Cafe offering. Sits less than 1 mile from Chilis, Cracker Barrel, Tony Romas, Longhorn, Dennys and Bonefish Grill. Hop on the expressway and be to the Disney properties quickly or to the International Drive area for shopping. A good value with Wi-Fi and a pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business