“Great stay and very helpful, friendly staff !”

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #149 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had a really great stay at the DoubleTree Downtown Orlando. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful ! I wanted to also mention that the front desk staff, Henrik & David were very helpful. They helped me get a refrigerator and microwave in my room as I was staying for a week and needed to keep food cold. I would recommend this hotel to travelers. The breakfast was also great ! Thanks so much again !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation for the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. It is always our desire to do whatever we can to help our guests and to make their stay memorable. Your praise for our staff is greatly appreciated and we will share your comments with the team so that they are aware of their impact on your visit. Please come back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We paid $17.50 per night to park in the hotel garage. We had to park on the 3rd floor and unloaded our luggage. We walked to the elevator and it didn't work. So, we were debating on weither to lug our stuff down the stairs or roll it down the garage ramps. As we were entering the stairs we ran into someone who worked there and asked him what was going on with the elevator. He said it wouldn't be fixed for another hour and continued up the stairs, never asking if he could help us in any way!!! So, we decided to roll our stuff down the ramps and saw the employee we ran into drive down the ramp as we were struggling with our stuff. NOT customer service!!! THEN, I accidentally left my pillow at the hotel :( I talked to the houskeeping supervisor who informed me that they could return my pillow at my cost. I agreed. He asked for my credit card number and I gave it to him. I asked him to ship it to me the cheapest way. Well, apparently their cheap is different than my cheap because I was charged $50 for them overnight it to me!!! That was unneccessary and NOT what I asked them to do!! It's a pillow, doesn't weigh much and shouldn't have cost me that much to get it back!! Had I known they would charge me $50 I would have just bought another pillow!! DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING BEHIND OR YOU'LL PAY OUT THE BUTT TO GET IT BACK!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay. It is definitely disappointing to learn that your recent visit to our hotel was not a positive one and we ask that you please accept our sincerest apologies. We regret the lack help you encountered with your bags and are very sorry for any confusion regarding the method in which you wanted your pillow returned to you. Your comments will be shared with our management team. We hope you'll consider returning in the future so we may provide you with the service and experience that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree last week. The interior had been updated and the staff was friendly but the walls were very thin and the hot water took 15 minutes to come in. The front desk explained that "the water had to come from the bottom floors" so just let it run for about 10 minutes for the hot water to arrive." In this age of water conservation, I thought it was an grotesque waste of water. I agree with an earlier review that the trains are noisy as well. Room service was very friendly and the food was good. Not a good location for walking to restaurants but there is a shuttle available.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the area. We appreciate that you have shared your thoughts with regarding your experience and we sincerely regret the delay you encountered with the hot water. All guest feedback is taken seriously and we will share your review with our team. One day we hope to welcome you back and exceed all your expectations.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I are staying at the DoubleTree in Orlando for a Cru conference. We have been here for roughly 8 days and we have been incredibly impressed by the over all level of customer service. The staff are very quick to answer questions, etc., but the most meaningful thing was that after learning it was my birthday, a kind man named Elias brought me a birthday cake from the Double Tree kitchen and served it at our staff luncheon on Saturday, along with prompting our group to sing for me. It was a very thoughtful gesture and my wife and I were very impressed. I wanted to offer a big thanks to the Double Tree for hiring such kind and attentive staff like Elias and his coworkers. Thanks much :)

Room Tip: The tower is very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Happy birthday! We cannot thank you enough for sharing such a lovely review. Providing an exceptional level of service is always our goal so that our guests can experience the best stay possible while at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. We are so glad that you and your wife have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for your many kind comments; we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The only complaint I had was the Trains that run throughout the day and night. I would like to have known that prior to reserving my room. Because everything else was top notch I was not so upset. Get staff,location and comfort. I wish I could have applied my points towards my rewards but the fact I went through Price line I was not able to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. We truly appreciate your praise for our hotel and staff however, we are sorry that you were unaware of our proximity to the trains and hope that the impact on your visit was minimal. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Today I came back to the hotel after working nearly 13 hours expecting the normal housekeeping experience but I received so much more. I had been leaving all my personal items a mess from being exhausted and nothing had been touched....before today. My face wash moisturizer and other things left on the counter were organized and placed in an almost artistic manner. My shoes were lined up and in order just waiting for me to slip into them. The remote was left on the bed just like I had been leaving it after falling asleep every night. Everything was PERFECT and it felt good coming in to this experience after a long long day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

It is always such a treat to hear from our guests and learn about their experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you had such a great stay and we appreciate your praise for our housekeeping staff. The next time you are in the area we hope that you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Thank you to the staff of the DoubleTree, Downtown Orlando! You were very hospitable in allowing use to see a couple of rooms before we checked in. We enjoyed our stay and the room had an amazing view! Loved the blackout curtains! We enjoyed the starbucks in the hotel. Will stay Again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple