“Double Tree Hilton Orlando Downtown”

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #148 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Double Tree Hilton Downtown was the host hotel for a tournament in which I participated. The staff was extrememly helpful. The hotel is situated right off the interstate so it has easy access. The Starbucks kiosk in the lobby was a wonderful stop for a breakfast wrap and coffee. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

We appreciate your kind words on the hotel, glad to know you enjoyed your stay!

Hope to see you again soon,

Stephanie Banks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree last night and was very impressed. I travel weekly and this is one of the nicest Doubletrees in which I have stayed. The decor and lobby are nice, it has a great bar and restaurant, but above all, the customer service is amazing.

I mistakenly thought my appointment with a judge at the courthouse was 30 minutes later than it was. The valet staff got my car so I could get a few things and then the Doubletree van driver drove me as fast as possible right to the curb of the courthouse (2 miles away) so I was on time. They were SO nice and bent over backwards to make this happen by taking my luggage behind the counter, calling the van driver and telling him where to pick me up, valet staff getting my car and returning it. I really have never had hotel staff go this far to help. I was truly appreciative.

The rooms were great, bed very comfortable, linens extremely soft, and my room had the nicest leather couch. It was a really great hotel experience. Recommend highly expecially if you have a downtown appointment the next day.

Also the bar/restaurant staff was great. Cold beer with a good selection on draught and a nice menu to choose from that stayed open pretty late.

Close proximity to downtown and college park.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We can sincerely say thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. We are so glad you appreciated our warm and caring service and we appreciate you, very much, for selecting us in the first place!

With gratitude,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The doubletree hotel in Downtown Orlando excels in customer service. I am a frequent guest and they never disappoint. I stayed there May 13, 2013 and upon check-out I realized a button on my sleeve was missing. I asked for a pin, and the front desk clerk, Peggy, actually offered to sew a button on! She got a button, she got the thread, and BOOM! Done, right then and there!! This is just the latest example of my excellent experiences here. This hotel is run the way a hotel should run. It's all about the guests. They are friendly, helpful, and genuinely caring. They don't just rest on their great location, they provide a quality stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms over looking the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We appreciate your recommendation and we appreciate you and your loyalty to the hotel. It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us!
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel was nice and comfortable. The room and bathroom were neat and clean. Front desk staff were courteous. King sized bed was very comfortable. Location for the first time in Orlando was the only problem, a little out of the way of the major attractions, but we will know better the next time. However, the hotel was right off the interstate 4, so at least it was easy accessible. Also, please note, parking fee was ridiculous. $17.00 per night was way too much. I do believe they should lower the fee.....at least for guest.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

It is nice to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you found the quick easy access to the interstate convenient. It is wonderful to be so advantageously located that our guests can get to the theme parks quickly and also have the opportunity to enjoy some of the local culture offered in and around Downtown Orlando!
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very typical DoubleTree hotel, overall very satisfied. I stayed in one of the corner junior suites and loved, loved the room. You can sleep with the 180 view of downtown looking across the bed. Very quiet room and both nights there were parties and a prom, and I never heard a peep. My only issue was with the Instant Getaway offer that I paid extra for and the Doubletree website says In room breakast is included, but front desk staff flat out denied that this was an amenity included in the Instant Getaway. Even after showing the front desk my package details, they still refused to include breakfast in my room. It isnt the money but the fact that the staff seemed unwilling to acknowledge the mistake or offer to include Inroom breakfast. I did actually decide to stay another night and they gave me same suite but NOT using the instant getaway, which was great. Overall, it was a very nice 2 day get away for me and I relaxed like I wanted.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are so glad to hear that enjoyed your suite and the view of the Downtown City Center and we agree the city views and the lake views available are spectacular! We apologize about the breakfast mix up and while we are happy that you had the breakfast buffet, that was included in your package, you wished for it to be served in room and we should have made a better attempt to accomodate that. We have used this experience to better enhance our future guest experiences and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Earnestly,

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Overall good. Checkin to slow. Sorry I donot need that many. My stay as I've indicated was overall good. It was my first stay at a downtown Orlando hotel. I may stay yhere sometime in the future. Which will allow us to be closer to Winter Park and Eatonville.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for the nice review, we try not to be a hotel that rushes the check in experience in order to know your needs and hopefully help you get the best experience during your stay. We look forward to that opportunity that would bring you back to stay!

Warmly,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel was perfect. Valet was great, self parking even better, the warm complimentary chocolate chip cookies at checkin, the pool, and great views from all around. The higher up the hotel floors the better the view. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We got a regular room with a King size bed and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Your review is sincerely appreciated! We are glad to know that we left a good impression on you but know you will remember us for our famous cookies, come back any time for more!!!

Appreciatively,