“Great Bed!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“Great Bed!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The room is very good. Some of the employyes at the front desk are very nice, other not. The service at the room was excelent and very quick and freindly. The parking is not good at all, too expensive $17 per night, without option to pa, dirty and without security.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we are very happy your enjoyed our Sweet Dreams bed! I do need to let you know that we do have security, we have foot patrol that are constantly logging in to check points as well as surveillance and if you are concerned just please let the front desk as were happy to share our security procedures with our guests!

Stephanie Banks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room was very nice and clean. The bed was quite confortable and I enjoyed the little snacks laid out in the Hilton Honors Lounge. However, the $17/day parking was a bit steep and I was disappointed that upon my late check-in (12:30am), I had no eating options available to me...no room service, no bar food, not even a vending machine with some snacks in it. That all said, I would probably stay there again, but I would be a little better prepared.

Room Tip: Enroll in the Hilton Honors program, it gets you a room on the upper floors with access to the Honor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we do have plans to provide some options on food service for our late arrivals, so hopefully, on your next trip, you will enjoy our improvements!

We apprecaite hearing from you!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Comfortable bed and quiet room. The check-in and check-out process was easy and the front desk staff were friendly. We were able to get a nice restaurant recommendation for dinner, just down the street. No problems during my one-night stay. I enjoyed the continental breakfast with my co-workers in the morning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the train tracks are quieter.
Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank elilip
Thank you so much for mentioning our friendly team, they truly appreciate your kind words!
Hope to see you again soon!

Warmest wishes,
Stephanei Banks
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice, Clean Room. I didn't use any of the amenities but I had a great view of the pool from my room and it looked nice. I read reviews about the expensive parking, so I knew not to rent a car. Shuttle service was fast and takes you anywhere within 4 miles at no charge. Front desk is also great about getting a taxi or car service. Complimentary wifi was nice as well. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
So glad to hear about your great stay and we would love to have you back!!!
See you then!

Stephanie Bnaks
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had very good internet connection when you want to keep in touch or take care of business; simple, but tasty breakfast; a Starbucks which came in handy when I had to meet people at the lobby. Spoiling it was when I had an upgrade where the room had a jacuzzi in the middle; room was clean and comfortable, lobby nicely accommodating and not too crowded; the bed was comfortable as in many Hilton hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, it was our pleasure having you stay and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Beautiful, clean, modern place to stay in downtown Orlando.
Everything was great until they told me parking on premises would cost me $17.00 per nigh.
I understand they don't own the property and have no control over this, however, they should defer the price into the room rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Stephanie B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic rating of our hotel, we really appreciate it!
We hear you loud and clear regarding the parking and it is something we continue to strive to work with the parking company on, to make this better for our guests. In the meantime we try to be the best value for our guests by having the parking be an optional choice.

Thane, India
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We are a group of doctors who had come here from India for a medical conference. Overall the service was good, rooms were big and cosy. The front desk was quire courteous and I used to get my coffee pods even at 5.000 AM when I asked for them. Our tour operator had arranged for breakfast, lunch & dinner from a catering service ( I guess Tabla Restaurant) so that we all could eat Indian food while we stayed here. I am not writing on behalf of the group. The opinions expressed here are totally my own. The rooms were delightful, the room service was very polite and courteous. The front desk too was helpful. I would salivate on the aroma of the food here but since I am a pure vegetarian and we all ate on the food from the catering service , I am not in a position to opine on food here.

The ear plugs were welcome & commendable, I greatly appreciate the availability of business centre 24x7 and complimentary printing facilities of your boarding passes

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely appreciate your kind endorsement and hope we will see you visiting the area again some day!

Warm regards,